Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Do people really deserve child tax credit..?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:57 am

Nothing to do with having kids early. Always earned a good wage untill last year when I lost my job, the tax credits were a lifesaver. Back earning a tidy wage again now, i know I'm one of the lucky one's and feel sorry for those GENIUNE people who rely onthese benefits when things go wrong.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:08 am

Midfield general wrote:or will cuts in this benefit really make people realise the cost of having children before they give birth to kids at such a young age..?

Do MP deserve to have a 2nd home including internal fittings like widescreen LCD TV's on the UK tax payer, afterall how many people who earn a fraction of an MP's £75K salary have to pay for these things themselves.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:10 am

castleblue wrote:
Midfield general wrote:or will cuts in this benefit really make people realise the cost of having children before they give birth to kids at such a young age..?

Do MP deserve to have a 2nd home including internal fittings like widescreen LCD TV's on the UK tax payer, afterall how many people who earn a fraction of an MP's £75K salary have to pay for these things themselves.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Do chief executives of Banks who did a shit job deserve 10 million plus pay offs?
:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 am

Said on the news last night that the newly soon to be elected AMs for the Welsh assembly will earn £54k per annum :o

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:25 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Said on the news last night that the newly soon to be elected AMs for the Welsh assembly will earn £54k per annum :o

How are they going to manage to live on that? :)

Seriously though, when you look at wankers like Wayne Rooney earning £250,000 per week :shock: , it puts things in this country, into a bit of perspective! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:28 pm

No you are right MG.
If we didn't pay out tax credits then just think how much more money we cou'd give away to Pakistan and India.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:43 pm

The only people who deserve child tax credit, is those people with children! ;) :) :D :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:46 pm

whats your point,people getting tax credits or people having children to young,what age do you recommend?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Child Tax Credits is also an ‘in work benefit’ i.e. you don't have to be on the dole to get it.

It was Gordon Brown's idea to introduce CTC along with Working Tax Credit in 1999. The basic idea is wealth distribution, a way of giving lower paid workers a higher standard of living.

That is why a person’s status should have no bearing on whether they can procreate, as the thinking that the low paid should live in poverty if they have children is so 19th Century.

If the question is one about those on benefits having children (for example 2) then again I would argue that a person's status should-not interfere with their decision to have children.

However, we know there is a problem with a small number of benefit claimants who have large families in order to play the benefits system. I fully support the way the Government is tackling this by putting a cap on benefits, but it should only apply to new claims and not be retrospective as the ones who will suffer are the blameless children who again would have to live in poverty and that is unacceptable in 21st Century.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:08 pm

surly you have to be a tax payer(i.e. in employment) to get TAX CREDITS there for it must be a benifit for the low paid (probably hard working)people only so yes there are worthy reciepients

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:09 pm

are you confusing tax credits with child benifit payments

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:10 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:surly you have to be a tax payer(i.e. in employment) to get TAX CREDITS there for it must be a benifit for the low paid (probably hard working)people only so yes there are worthy reciepients

no,if you have children,the payment is for the support of children, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm

SOME people deserve it because they have genuine reasons like, they cant finda job, they can get a job due to medical reasons, retired, or getting awful pay. And some are lazy gits who ponce off the money to get booze for themselves :|

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Child Tax Credits is also an ‘in work benefit’ i.e. you don't have to be on the dole to get it.

It was Gordon Brown's idea to introduce CTC along with Working Tax Credit in 1999. The basic idea is wealth distribution, a way of giving lower paid workers a higher standard of living.

That is why a person’s status should have no bearing on whether they can procreate, as the thinking that the low paid should live in poverty if they have children is so 19th Century.

If the question is one about those on benefits having children (for example 2) then again I would argue that a person's status should-not interfere with their decision to have children.

However, we know there is a problem with a small number of benefit claimants who have large families in order to play the benefits system. I fully support the way the Government is tackling this by putting a cap on benefits, but it should only apply to new claims and not be retrospective as the ones who will suffer are the blameless children who again would have to live in poverty and that is unacceptable in 21st Century.

agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:SOME people deserve it because they have genuine reasons like, they cant finda job, they can get a job due to medical reasons, retired, or getting awful pay. And some are lazy gits who ponce off the money to get booze for themselves :|

No. YOU ONLY GET TAX CREDITS IF YOU ARE IN WORK !!!

No job means no tax credits. It is in no way an unemployment benefit.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Berwyn wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:SOME people deserve it because they have genuine reasons like, they cant finda job, they can get a job due to medical reasons, retired, or getting awful pay. And some are lazy gits who ponce off the money to get booze for themselves :|

ok im confused...i thought benefits are for unemployed people who need it. :shock:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:37 pm

i had an extra £6 in my pay packet today :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Agreed, for hard working familys on low income, my mrs works her tits off for peanuts, however tax credits takes her wage to being ni on creditable, its a reward for those to get up and do something, nowt what so ever to do with unemployment.
Hope this helps... :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Berwyn wrote:

ok im confused...i thought benefits are for unemployed people who need it. :shock:

Do you understand the word BENEFIT ? it's something that works to your advantage. i.e. Family Tax Credits, a benefit available for working people who have families to support, and have made an effort to seek employment over the minimum benefit hours allowance.

We claim it on our household as my mrs works over 16hrs per week but on a part time basis, I am full time, but our total annual income is less than £32,000. If we earnt over 32k then we would get next to nothing - Therefore, High paid earners over the £32k cap usually get very little or nothing at all.

The new (Family Tax) benefits rules as of today, (Worse off Wednesday) really only effect the people earning up to or over the higher income cap.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:52 pm

i mis understood merlin :roll: