Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

aberdare rugby club

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:50 pm

has anyone ever used the function room in aberdare rugby club? its my daughters christening soon and i was thinking of going there fir the buffet etc. got a caterer but need a function room. any suggestions or ideas in aberdare?

Re: aberdare rugby club

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:52 pm

The Con Club ;)

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Abercwmboi RFC :D

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Abercwmboi Rugby Club or Elliots.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:55 pm

abercwmboi rugby club is good, plenty of parking to

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Mountain Ash Golf Club has got a good function room.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:30 pm

im sure blueheaven who posts on here is steward of the rugby club or it may be his son not sure

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:03 pm

has anyone been to aberdare rugby club function room. staff seem friendly on the phone. as long as the beer is good and its clean then i will be happy

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:14 am

I have a few years back and it was okay, bar staff were fine and the room itself is ok.

If I had to choose though I would go for Abercwmboi, went there for a wedding last year and it was really nice, better view, better bar.

Hope this helps :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:20 am

Aberdare RFC or Aberdare Con Club ( Churchills ) or indeed Elliots in Aberdare are all good venues ........ Jeff ( Blueheaven ) is the Treasurer and his son Gareth is the steward there , both big City fans :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 am

joninian1927 wrote:has anyone ever used the function room in aberdare rugby club? its my daughters christening soon and i was thinking of going there fir the buffet etc. got a caterer but need a function room. any suggestions or ideas in aberdare?

Hi Jon, Only just seen your post i have sent you a PM give me a bell and i will give you a guided tour of the Club we have recently spent 10K on the Function Room so it's a lot better now with a new dance floor new chairs etc

If you can't get hold of me for any reason ring the Club and ask for Gareth whose my Son and the Steward of the Club and he will sort you out also i don't know what you are paying for catering but we use an excellent Lady who does fantastic buffets at very reasonable rates.

PS The Beers very good i should know i drink enough ;)