Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " IF THIS TRUE ? "

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:05 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Shagging , Drinking, The City and most probably in that order Chief. Me myself can't remember the above due to being married :lol: :lol: :lol: [/color]

Not far off. I'm just enjoying myself before I enter my next relationship ;)

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What I have just Heard on The News.

Then I find it strange that we are giving Pakistan £650 million to build schools etc whilst policemen, teachers, soldiers etc are being made redundant. Surely we should get our own house in order before helping others.

I think the total annual amount to be spent this year by the UK government on foreign aid is budgeted to be about £12bn. I agree this is a huge figure but ,to put it into some kind of context , it is well below 1% of GDP so a very small percentage of overall spending.

Spending lots on foreign aid is a difficult one to call when the countries giving the money (we are far from alone in the developed countries in giving such money) are themselves in difficult financial times.

In moral terms I believe we should support those countries that are impoverished far below the levels we see in this country (our idea of "poverty" is far different from that in other countries where they experience real poverty ). But the spending does unfortunately bring out of the woodwork those , such as the BNP , who then use it to play the racist card rather than have a reasoned debate about it.Not that some of the halfwits supporting that party are capable of having a reasoned debate on anything mind - did you see that EDL bloke on you tube? I have seen more brain cells left behind in a toilet pan!

In financial terms it might also make sense to give to certain countries as they tend (not by coincidence) to then spend their money on UK products - I suspect the money the country pays back to British businesses is far more than what we pay to them in foreign aid. That might then start a seperate debate mind on the morality of UK companies profiting from things like the arms trade (we are probably second only to France in this in Europe).

Keith

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:28 pm

since62 wrote:

Then I find it strange that we are giving Pakistan £650 million to build schools etc whilst policemen, teachers, soldiers etc are being made redundant. Surely we should get our own house in order before helping others.

I think the total annual amount to be spent this year by the UK government on foreign aid is budgeted to be about £12bn. I agree this is a huge figure but ,to put it into some kind of context , it is well below 1% of GDP so a very small percentage of overall spending.

Spending lots on foreign aid is a difficult one to call when the countries giving the money (we are far from alone in the developed countries in giving such money) are themselves in difficult financial times.

In moral terms I believe we should support those countries that are impoverished far below the levels we see in this country (our idea of "poverty" is far different from that in other countries where they experience real poverty ). But the spending does unfortunately bring out of the woodwork those , such as the BNP , who then use it to play the racist card rather than have a reasoned debate about it.Not that some of the halfwits supporting that party are capable of having a reasoned debate on anything mind - did you see that EDL bloke on you tube? I have seen more brain cells left behind in a toilet pan!

In financial terms it might also make sense to give to certain countries as they tend (not by coincidence) to then spend their money on UK products - I suspect the money the country pays back to British businesses is far more than what we pay to them in foreign aid. That might then start a seperate debate mind on the morality of UK companies profiting from things like the arms trade (we are probably second only to France in this in Europe).

Keith

Your absolutely right Keith, its clever business in a twisted way. People should ask why the likes of Japan refuses aide instead of jumping on the BNP bandwagon. Like you say its all to do with GDP's and eventually level trading.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Its not Racist to want to spend British money on British people instead of corrupt Countries like Pakistan who spend there own money on arms ETC. You could look at it we are funding there arms rather than building Schools. If you believe that our hard earned money is being spent on schools to teach them to be nice to the West then you are delusional.
In fact its no wonder Great Britain is in the Shit when we waste money so easily.
On foreign aid
Benifits for scroungers
Giving immigrants houses benefits and sending our benefits abroad to pay for immigrants families
ETC
ETC
ETC
Politics is a dirty word for dirty corrupt people who pretend they are representing US !!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:56 pm

With news like this and all the benefites a lot of immigrants get, etc, it's as though the government are trying to wind people up and make them appear racist...

For the people that seem to understand the reasoning behind us giving 650m to a massively corrupt country, whilst ours is in shit state....can you please explain in simpler terms why it would benefit this country??

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Its not Racist to want to spend British money on British people instead of corrupt Countries like Pakistan who spend there own money on arms ETC. You could look at it we are funding there arms rather than building Schools. If you believe that our hard earned money is being spent on schools to teach them to be nice to the West then you are delusional.
In fact its no wonder Great Britain is in the Shit when we waste money so easily.
On foreign aid
Benifits for scroungers
Giving immigrants houses benefits and sending our benefits abroad to pay for immigrants families
ETC
ETC
ETC
Politics is a dirty word for dirty corrupt people who pretend they are representing US !!

Nukey boy, I agree with but its just business. If we didnt put out foreign aid we would see a massive tax hike in the UK.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:09 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Its not Racist to want to spend British money on British people instead of corrupt Countries like Pakistan who spend there own money on arms ETC. You could look at it we are funding there arms rather than building Schools. If you believe that our hard earned money is being spent on schools to teach them to be nice to the West then you are delusional.
On foreign aid
Benifits for scroungers
ETC
ETC
ETC

Nukey boy, I agree with but its just business. If we didnt put out foreign aid we would see a massive tax hike in the UK.

WHY ????

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:14 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
On foreign aid
Benifits for scroungers
ETC
ETC
ETC

WHY ????

I'd also like to know why the feck that would happen if we didnt give a fotune to Pakistan?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Lads, I'm assuming that we're supposedly gonna get that money back in interest or something?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 pm

It's just a sheer disgrace, but there again, there are some poeple on here who voted for the tories, so dont go shouting now.
As for those who are saying that "labour dropped us in this" its not as easy as that, I am not a labour supporter, but to be fair after all the shit that thatcher left us in, still paying the USA billions every year for the loan of arms, the labour govt of that time through Blair were in the process of getting us out of the shit, but, as insular as we are in Britain, we voted them out when the going gets tough, worldwide I might add and not just here in Britain.
Coming back to this "gift" we should all be starting to shout about this govt and how politicians are behaving, just like they have in places like Egypt, Iraq and libya over the last few months, but as I said, I think that British people are losing our balls.

Anyway, cant wait for Donny on Saturday :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Lads, I'm assuming that we're supposedly gonna get that money back in interest or something?

Interest from what ? It all sounds very dodgy to me

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Lads, I'm assuming that we're supposedly gonna get that money back in interest or something?

Interest from what ? It all sounds very dodgy to me

Me too nukes. I've heard people say Britain benefits from giving aid to certain countries, but I find it all very vague. I can understand it with regards Ireland, because Britain needs Irelands banks to lend and government to sort itself out, otherwise one of the biggest consumers of British exports suddenly dissapears and the British economy suffers. Hence Britain lent to them (and will make interest back on top of making sure Ireland keeps buying British products).

I can't see how we'd make the money back from giving aid to Pakistan though? :? :? :?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:52 pm

We get back probably tenfold to to whatever we donate 8-)

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
On foreign aid
Benifits for scroungers
ETC
ETC
ETC

WHY ????

:lol: :lol: I love your questioning aye, its all to do with GDPs and the levelling out the trade market. Japan wouldn't accept aid because of their strength in export & manufacturing and they have a similar labour market i.e wage structure to the UK whereas Pakistan, India and China have a very low labour rate so the aid which carries many tariffs to equals out that trade. Im far from being an expert but I can now see the reasoning behind it.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Nukey boy, I agree with but its just business. If we didnt put out foreign aid we would see a massive tax hike in the UK.[/quote]
WHY ????[/quote]

I'd also like to know why the feck that would happen if we didnt give a fotune to Pakistan?[/quote]

How can you compete in trade with those that do not have a wage structure, they pay near f**k all in wages.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:With news like this and all the benefites a lot of immigrants get, etc, it's as though the government are trying to wind people up and make them appear racist...

For the people that seem to understand the reasoning behind us giving 650m to a massively corrupt country, whilst ours is in shit state....can you please explain in simpler terms why it would benefit this country??

Right.

In very simple terms , British companies sell far more to Pakistan in value terms than Pakistan sells to Britain. This balance in our favour creates and/or protects many jobs of British workers who then pay taxes to the government.

So in pure financial terms (ignoring the extra moral argument of helping poor people in poor countries at a cost which is well below 1% of what we have) it makes sense to help these trading partners.

Keith

Re: " IF THIS TRUE "

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Just another instance of our goverment arse licking a Muslim country so that they won't attack Britain.

We are told it is essential to make cuts which I don't believe), yet they hand this amount to others. Disgraceful.

100% agree....if they kept everything as it was...we wouldve paid off our debt, cause people would still have jobs and more tax would be paid, crime would stay as it is due to the amount of police officers, well basically it wouldve been the same when labour were in power....FECKING BETTER WITH LABOUR IF YOU ASK ME1! :ayatollah:

Sorry , but that is absolute rubbish. An amount of £650m would hardly make an impact on the huge debts run up by the different UK governments over decades.

And trade with the countries we give foreign aid to far outweighs the cost of that aid and actually preserves jobs in the UK rather than loses them as you claim.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

since62 wrote:
Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:With news like this and all the benefites a lot of immigrants get, etc, it's as though the government are trying to wind people up and make them appear racist...

Right.

In very simple terms , British companies sell far more to Pakistan in value terms than Pakistan sells to Britain. This balance in our favour creates and/or protects many jobs of British workers who then pay taxes to the government.

So in pure financial terms (ignoring the extra moral argument of helping poor people in poor countries at a cost which is well below 1% of what we have) it makes sense to help these trading partners.

Keith

Of the last known figures - 2009, Pakistan wasn't even in the top 25 of British exports :? :?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:41 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:With regards to the Irish bail out, independent financial experts and analysts have stated that the return on Britains money will be massive due to the enormous trade between the two countries (mostly Irish consumption of British products), with Ireland being one of the top in the list.

Unlike Portugal, Greece and Pakibleedinstan

You should check the figures again. Britain is one of Pakistan`s main trading partners and we sell a far higher value to them than they sell to us so it greatly benefits the UK economy.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:46 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
since62 wrote:

Right.

Keith

Of the last known figures - 2009, Pakistan wasn't even in the top 25 of British exports :? :?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:57 pm

since62 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:With regards to the Irish bail out, independent financial experts and analysts have stated that the return on Britains money will be massive due to the enormous trade between the two countries (mostly Irish consumption of British products), with Ireland being one of the top in the list.

Unlike Portugal, Greece and Pakibleedinstan

You should check the figures again. Britain is one of Pakistan`s main trading partners and we sell a far higher value to them than they sell to us so it greatly benefits the UK economy.

As I've said above, Pakistan is not even in the top 25 countries that import goods from Britain. To pakistan, Britain may be important but to Britain, Pakistan is WAY, WAY down the list of priorities. Unlike Ireland, who are 4th or 5th highest in terms of imports from Britain, and exports to Britain.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:32 pm

The facts are out there, you just have to find them

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:02 am

It's the modern day imerialism..... someone has to take control of that kip, for the benefit of the palnet as a whole.

We need it to be stable because India is a feast growing giant of an economy and if we can keep pai in order coin rolls in