Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Away fans.....

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:37 pm

........in the home end ?

I'm just watching 'Premier League's Greatest Goals' on ESPN Classic - 98/99 season, and Man United are destroying Forest 8-1 :lol:

Thing is, there are loads of United fans in the Forest end :?

Did this often happen 10+ years ago ?

Re: Away fans.....

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:........in the home end ?

I'm just watching 'Premier League's Greatest Goals' on ESPN Classic - 98/99 season, and Man United are destroying Forest 8-1 :lol:

Thing is, there are loads of United fans in the Forest end :?

Did this often happen 10+ years ago ?

Not really-i remember from time to time away fans in home areas of Ninian Park. I remember a wolves fan coming of 2nd best!

I have been in the home end for several CCFC aways (due to sell outs)-Cheltenham, Swindon & Bristol Rovers to name but a few. Celebrated at Swindon and Cheltenham with no problems. At Rovers i decided that due to where i was stood it was not safe and when danny Hill (remember him) equalised i remember trying to look disappointed....

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:39 pm

Exeter i stood in the home end. Celebrated both goals had a bit of a ruck with an Exeter fan and dirty looks from the rest. My cousin had never been to a game before ended up huddled between two coppers :lol: :lol:
Bristol Rovers away about 11 years ago and my mate a Bristol Rovers fan was creaming himself telling everyone i was a Cardiff fan. I was on crutches at the time after snapping my achilles tendon after a very nasty accident in the gym. When Rovers scored they were all laughing at me :( tossers :lol: when we scored i looked round and i thought they was going to kill me :lol:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:41 pm

I was watching a video clip of the England vs Netherlands game at Euro 96 and the fans were mixed in for that game as well. Imagine that now!