Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

why do we hate savage

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:14 pm

orite guys, im just wondering why do we hate savage, i wasnt aware he done anything to us.

i know theres former players who we boo and swear at like "chris gunter who for one, hated him for years he always seemed to believe his own bullshit to me" but i dont understand the savage deal

Re: why do we hate savage

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:15 pm

I never liked the way he spoke about the welshteam after he was forced to retire. The way he tried to grab the limelight on Giggs last game was sad and desperate of a player past it.
He is funny on twitter tho

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:18 pm

i like him, just love his i dont give a f**k attitude :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:20 pm

I like him, always thought he was a good player, we could have done with him for a few years. One of those marmite characters football throws up like Warnock.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:21 pm

love the guy, hes a character that doesnt give a shit, yes he thrives on attention and being hated. but atleast hes got something about him. also a very clever bloke, he wouldnt get all these radio/ tv jobs if he hadnt created a bit of character about himself :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Id have loved her he about 4 years ago as well mind :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:24 pm

yea i think hes great, i love the footballers who are a "dont give a f**k" attitude
just never understood why hes booed

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:29 pm

bluebird04 wrote:yea i think hes great, i love the footballers who are a "dont give a f**k" attitude
just never understood why hes booed

its not malicious,people just trying to wind him up,he says things how he sees them,tells it how he thinks it is :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Love his spirit, imagine what he and bellers would do for the final push??
Heart on sleeve comes to mind,,, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:34 pm

I think hes a legend, he doesn't give a f**k and loves the banter that fans give him. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:37 pm

i like savage hes ok :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:16 pm

i,ve allways liked savage,never understand our crowd booing him.it was good of him to turn up for andy leggs testimonial-unlike most of our fans.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:24 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i like him, just love his i dont give a f**k attitude :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly and great to follow on twitter as well.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Would of loved Sav here. But he was playing for Derby so abuse it was and he loved it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Lying about his parents illness to force a move to Blackburn.

Spitting the dummy over Toshacks appointment for daring to point out the obvious - namely Savage routinely abandoned his role within the side exposing the defence.

"What's Toshack ever done in football?" exposed Savage as an utter idiot.

Continually starting trouble on the oitch whilst conveniently getting out of the way at every opportunity - ie the Pintado tackle on him - as soon as Derby players came over, Savage skulked away, having instigated the reaction.

Grossly disrespecting Maldini, a far greater player, with the pathetic shirt into bin incident.

Demanding pasta "who eats plantains?" - grossly ignorant of the fact plantains hold better carbs for athletes. Savage then reacted by going to a service station, giving sugary sweets and crisps to younger players - which is really healthy, right?

Savage is an utter, utter cock. I'm sure people have a little chuckle, but lets face facts - he's not a comedian, he's an incredibly limited footballer who has been incredibly lucky to be playing far above his level. Rather than showing any humility for that, he's treated employers like s*** and indeed, disrespected the national side he's been lucky to play for.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:55 pm

nerd wrote:Lying about his parents illness to force a move to Blackburn.

Spitting the dummy over Toshacks appointment for daring to point out the obvious - namely Savage routinely abandoned his role within the side exposing the defence.

"What's Toshack ever done in football?" exposed Savage as an utter idiot.

Continually starting trouble on the oitch whilst conveniently getting out of the way at every opportunity - ie the Pintado tackle on him - as soon as Derby players came over, Savage skulked away, having instigated the reaction.

Grossly disrespecting Maldini, a far greater player, with the pathetic shirt into bin incident.

Demanding pasta "who eats plantains?" - grossly ignorant of the fact plantains hold better carbs for athletes. Savage then reacted by going to a service station, giving sugary sweets and crisps to younger players - which is really healthy, right?

Savage is an utter, utter cock. I'm sure people have a little chuckle, but lets face facts - he's not a comedian, he's an incredibly limited footballer who has been incredibly lucky to be playing far above his level. Rather than showing any humility for that, he's treated employers like s*** and indeed, disrespected the national side he's been lucky to play for.

But apart from that he's OK isn't he?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:58 pm

he the type of gritty player the city fans usualy admire if he played for us in his prime he would of gone down as another sycho

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:02 pm

savage, loves all the stick he gets, i think the best way to upset him, is not to boo, or call him names,,,,i watched a friendly game, over, ninian park, with ex city players there,, he was taking it all with a pinch of salt,,,, and fair play to him, at the end of the game, he gave a little boy his boots, :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm

I dont hate Savage :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: