Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you prefer the Premier or our Atmosphere back ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: " Would you prefer The Premier or our Atmo back ? " POLL

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:52 pm

ask yourselves thesame question, but if we were top of the league

Re: Would you prefer The Premier or our Atmo back ? POLL

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I hate our Atmosphere now. I hate Gethin Jenkins for bringing a Rugby mentality to our club, and i hate Nash for being a Hypocrite. And i hate those Liverpool shirt wearing tossers that frequent our stadium. And i hate all those plastics that leave our stadium half empty with 8 minutes to go because they want to get home early. I hate it when everyone looks at you as if you have to heads because you dared to shout or sing.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Completly agree 100%!!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:10 pm

norfolkblue wrote:At a time when we are seven matches away from promotion we seem intent on pressing the self destruct button with updates detailing or inferring that players are disciplined , having transfers screwed up and the managers replacement lined up because if we get promoted he won't be good enough and if we don't, he will have proved that he's not good enough!

And now a survey with a weighted suggestion that a nice atmosphere would be a reasonable exchange for premier league football!

I hope none of the players and staff ever read this stuff! Or does it matter? They are all journeymen and follow the money they have no loyalty but some of our fans seem to expect them to live, breath and die for the team like fans would! Get real, wake up and stop living in the past in a shitty run down stadium, with no hope team, no families wanting to come because of the aggro...........wonderful times!

Good point fair play.

Except,, for the last two seasons at Ninian Park we were regularly getting full houses, including
the Family Stand and Most of the Grandstand where most preferred a less boisterous day out.
Nothing was stopping them then!!... Id say its because trouble was at a minimum, the old NP
had become a very safe place to watch football. the draconian Hitler tactics in the CCS are an
attack on ALL those supporters too. Their behaviour towards the fans is massively over the
top and a deliberate attempt to 'change' the way we watch our team... when there is no need
any more

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:31 pm

After waiting to get to the top since the 1960s, sometimes with no atmosphere at Ninian Park i just want to see us play in the Premier. So if you dont want join me i will just sit and shout on my own.Not everyone wants to stand shout at the away fans anymore. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:51 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:After waiting to get to the top since the 1960s, sometimes with no atmosphere at Ninian Park i just want to see us play in the Premier. So if you dont want join me i will just sit and shout on my own.Not everyone wants to stand shout at the away fans anymore. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its not shout at the away fans Rob, its called Banter. Its called having a laugh, its called football, Yeah i recognise that its not your bag, but to many it is. So just because you don't like the banter why should we stop having fun because you and many of the new type of fan does not like it. the players moan over lack of atmosphere but would they not rather a stadium rocking ? not looking into the stand watching you drink your Bovril in one hand grasping your programme in the other and telling everyone around you to sit down.

Now we must cater for all breeds of fan. At Ninian Park we was able to do that as those that wanted to sit down could in the Grandstand, the Canton, and to the Canton side of the Bob Bank. Whilst those that wanted to stand could in the Grange and Bob Bank terrace. Now in the new Stadium we don't have a choice and its creating conflict between say you and me. Obviously this isn't a CCFC problem its a Football problem and standing is perfectly safe if managed properly. If you issued 6000 tickets in an all seater stand when it held only 4000 fans then that would be dangerous. The same applies to a terrace. this isn't a go at you Chief its a choice of preference and we are not getting that at the CCS. We want banter with the away fans but that is being denied us.
Put it this way you dont want banter with the away fans so they put you next to them ( not you personally but like minded) and those that do are put 1000 miles from them. All that this Club has achieved in doing is alienating the supporters against one another.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:02 pm

An atmosphere can be created, premier league football must be hard fought for and is very hard to get out of the championship unless you are as big as the toon :ayatollah:

Re: Would you prefer The Premier or our Atmo back ? POLL

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:21 pm

milly44 wrote:no brainer for me.

i dont enjoy watching cardiff at home at the moment.
league 1 and a caldron of hell please, over premier league, prawn sandwiches and us average fan slowly being priced out.

Well said Milly! with a club keeping its identity and tradition.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:24 pm

And now a survey with a weighted suggestion that a nice atmosphere would be a reasonable exchange for premier league football!

I hope none of the players and staff ever read this stuff! Or does it matter? They are all journeymen and follow the money they have no loyalty but some of our fans seem to expect them to live, breath and die for the team like fans would! Get real, wake up and stop living in the past in a shitty run down stadium, with no hope team, no families wanting to come because of the aggro...........wonderful times![/quote]

Good point fair play.

Except,, for the last two seasons at Ninian Park we were regularly getting full houses, including
the Family Stand and Most of the Grandstand where most preferred a less boisterous day out.
Nothing was stopping them then!!... Id say its because trouble was at a minimum, the old NP
had become a very safe place to watch football. the draconian Hitler tactics in the CCS are an
attack on ALL those supporters too. Their behaviour towards the fans is massively over the
top and a deliberate attempt to 'change' the way we watch our team... when there is no need
any more[/quote]

The crowd for the Malaysian future TV audience needs to be correct Taffy.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Expectations I the problem. If we don't win everygame the world is over.

We can go up and create an atmosphere... We have at the CCS for a number of games, we need to man up make some noise and stop looking for excuses now.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:11 pm

Nice of Nuclearblue to think i am like a new fan, i have watched city since 1965 never ever drank Bovril and stopped buying programmes years ago.I prefer to sit now as i am 57 but that dont stop me shouting all through the game. I agree it is like a libary most games. When i was younger i would have been on the Grange End shouting as you call it banter had many a great afternoon night there. But dont you think it would be better to be promoted to the premier than worry if other people dont want to shout at a game , after all this is why we watch City hoping that one day we will be up there with the big sides.

Most of the problem is that those who stood together in Ninian Park are now spread around the stadium diluting the atmosphere, plus we have 1000s of recently new fans who dont share your passion.I sit with my son in the Ninian Stand and he dont shout any where as much as the old man. I would prefer the stadium rocking at every game but i choose to be promoted first over being with a good atmophere of a couple of 1000s fans playing lower leagues. :ayatollah: :ayatollah
This is the reason why i am on here hours everyday as it gets some good topics to debate. Onwards and Upwards Bluebirdrob :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Apologies over the Bovril jibe Chief (Actually i occasionally like a Bovril when its cold myself :lol: ) But yeah i am 44 and still like the banter that happens between two sets of fans. They could of kept the same concept as Ninian Park and the atmosphere would of remained but they chose to destroy it and i would ask the question WHY ? For the last 5 years at Ninian Park it was one of the safest in the Country with arrest rates ETC, and how safe the away fans were, so i will be damned that i will except what Ridsdale and That Thugby toss pot in saying things had to change. No it didn't . They split up A block of the Grandstand despite there being zeo arrests in there. I want the old atmosphere back and i will moan like f**k until it does. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Used to sit in B block in the grandstand it sure used to buz in there when you all got going.Dont have anything against atmosphere just cant be bothered with the banter prefer to ignore the away fans and shout for my own team. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: