Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you prefer the Premier or our Atmosphere back ?

You may select 1 option

View results

" Would you prefer The Premier or our Atmo back ? " POLL

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:40 am

Would you prefer to be playing in the Premier under Gethin Rugby Jenkins with no atmosphere or would you prefer to have an atmosphere back to how it used to be and under passionate owners and players ? But you had to sacrifice the Prem.

Re: Would you prefer The Premier or our Atmo back ? POLL

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:42 am

no brainer for me.

i dont enjoy watching cardiff at home at the moment.
league 1 and a caldron of hell please, over premier league, prawn sandwiches and us average fan slowly being priced out.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:50 am

standing behind a wet and windy Bob Bank when its pissing down with rain huddled underneath a tarpaulin having a pint ??? Hmmm I do miss that I suppose :old:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:33 am

atmosphere for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:38 am

Who says we have to compromise? Premiership and our f*cking atmosphere please!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:41 am

if we make it to the prem next year ccs will be rocking, all because we will be expected to lose......at the moment we are expected to win and thus not much atmos......same as prem, the top teams have no atmosphere, but look at the likes of stoke, bolton, blackpool......we can have both motherfuckers!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:42 am

I hate our Atmosphere now. I hate Gethin Jenkins for bringing a Rugby mentality to our club, and i hate Nash for being a Hypocrite. And i hate those Liverpool shirt wearing tossers that frequent our stadium. And i hate all those plastics that leave our stadium half empty with 8 minutes to go because they want to get home early. I hate it when everyone looks at you as if you have to heads because you dared to shout or sing.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:35 pm

sad thing is all these fans they are pandering to, will be gone forever if we ever slip down the table. RIP Footbal

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:41 pm

milly44 wrote:no brainer for me.

league 1 and a caldron of hell please, over premier league, prawn sandwiches and us average fan slowly being priced out.

I am with Milly All the way on this.

I FELL IN LOVE WITH CARDIFF CITY DURING THE 70's/80's/90's Due TO OUR FANATICAL SUPPORT, I DONT APOLOGISE TO ANYONE FOR MY COMMENTS, BUT I CANT MOVE ON. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I am with Milly All the way on this.

I FELL IN LOVE WITH CARDIFF CITY DURING THE 70's/80's/90's Due TO OUR FANATICAL SUPPORT, I DONT APOLOGISE TO ANYONE FOR MY COMMENTS, BUT I CANT MOVE ON. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nor me, i love all the passion that used to go with city games and it breaks my heart that it is dying.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:46 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:if we make it to the prem next year ccs will be rocking, all because we will be expected to lose......at the moment we are expected to win and thus not much atmos......same as prem, the top teams have no atmosphere, but look at the likes of stoke, bolton, blackpool......we can have both motherfuckers!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A man talking sense here

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:29 pm

atmosphere for me. i didnt fall in love with city coz i thought i would be able to watch them in the premiership. i fell in love after my first game in 99 from the atmosphere and the fact it was a local club that my brother would take me to reugraly instead of once or twice a season like when i was younger following liverpool (dad is from there so not a plastic)

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:34 pm

maybe us older fans are used to seeing too many relegation battles in the old Div 2 with subsequent promotions from Div 3 then yo - yo ing for many years than actually now believeing that City are only a few games away from the Premiership ?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:59 pm

premier league all the way .... i dont travel 35 miles to cardiff city stadium for the atmosphere, i go to watch city stuffing english football teams!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:53 pm

I think that any true bluebird would love to see them playing in the premier league and then I think the atmosphere will come back :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:02 pm

atmosphere every time.always said what made city so great were the fans,the fans that used to burst with passion and pride whenever the mighty bluebirds took to the field and the fans and unique characters that have given so many memories and laughs over the years.honestly always believed and still do that youd never get fans like us anyware as kenny hibbett once said to me "you cardiff fans are all bloody mad but damn good supporters".its tragic to see how were currently being moulded into something we should never be,quiet,lifeless and good boys and girls that at best allowed to applaud when things are going our way.i still jump and down like a woman possesed whenever we score irrespective of the game or value of it and as when i sing and chant i am met with bemused looks.would like to thingk if we did make the prem we could somehow create an atmosphere not yet witnessed at ccs but i have my reservations

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Watching fantastic football in a safe clean enviroment with no atmosphere?
or watching shit football with 4000 screaming angry nutjobs?

no contest.

Atmosphere every time!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But it is possible to have both......

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:48 pm

totally agree,i said it the other day i think we were happier in the lower leagues or just being middle of a table, :ayatollah:

Re: " Would you prefer The Premier or our Atmo back ? " POLL

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Would you prefer to be playing in the Premier under Gethin Rugby Jenkins with no atmosphere or would you prefer to have an atmosphere back to how it used to be and under passionate owners and players ? But you had to sacrifice the Prem.

Steve, What would you prefer ?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:15 pm

I'd nearly rather play in the Low, with an atmosphere, than in the premiership with current atmosphere :shock:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Would you prefer to be playing in the Premier under Gethin Rugby Jenkins with no atmosphere or would you prefer to have an atmosphere back to how it used to be and under passionate owners and players ? But you had to sacrifice the Prem.

Steve, What would you prefer ?

See my post half way down this thread Chief that tells you exactly what i think.
Tanaka hello Chief nice to see you on here.............oh Annis that is Andrew by the way

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:17 pm

griff105 wrote:Watching fantastic football in a safe clean enviroment with no atmosphere?
or watching shit football with 4000 screaming angry nutjobs?

no contest.

Atmosphere every time!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But it is possible to have both......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I hate our Atmosphere now. I hate Gethin Jenkins for bringing a Rugby mentality to our club, and i hate Nash for being a Hypocrite. And i hate those Liverpool shirt wearing tossers that frequent our stadium. And i hate all those plastics that leave our stadium half empty with 8 minutes to go because they want to get home early. I hate it when everyone looks at you as if you have to heads because you dared to shout or sing.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Its possible we were separated at birth.

I feel EXACTLY like you do.

Also agree with Milly's point about playing at a lower level in a couldron.

My happiest memories following City are happy because of the occasion and atmosphere, I can rarely talk that much about what happened on the pitch, but could describe for hours all the other elements that made the occasion SPECIAL.

I have not felt like this at a game now for close to a year [Leicester Play offs]

Its not acceptable, I cant believe people would pick Premiership football over our WORLD FAMOUS, passionate and intimadating atmosphere.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:53 pm

12thMan wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I hate our Atmosphere now. I hate Gethin Jenkins for bringing a Rugby mentality to our club, and i hate Nash for being a Hypocrite. And i hate those Liverpool shirt wearing tossers that frequent our stadium. And i hate all those plastics that leave our stadium half empty with 8 minutes to go because they want to get home early. I hate it when everyone looks at you as if you have to heads because you dared to shout or sing.

Its possible we were separated at birth.

I feel EXACTLY like you do.

Also agree with Milly's point about playing at a lower level in a couldron.

My happiest memories following City are happy because of the occasion and atmosphere, I can rarely talk that much about what happened on the pitch, but could describe for hours all the other elements that made the occasion SPECIAL.

I have not felt like this at a game now for close to a year [Leicester Play offs]

Its not acceptable, I cant believe people would pick Premiership football over our WORLD FAMOUS, passionate and intimadating atmosphere.

WERE TRIPLETS THEN :lol:

BECAUSE I AM WITHOUT DOUBT OF THE SAME OPINION/VIEW/BELIEF :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:01 pm

This unhealthy obsession really has to stop :roll:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:02 pm

cheppy wrote:This unhealthy obsession really has to stop :roll:

What obsession?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Atmosphere.

You can shove watching premiership football in that mortuary

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:18 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
cheppy wrote:This unhealthy obsession really has to stop :roll:

What obsession?

This obsession with the new stadium's atmosphere.

Get the side playing consistently well without the feeling that we are going to concede every time the opposition attacks and you will see an improvement in atmosphere. At the moment we can be 3-0 up and everybody is still thinking concede one and we let this lead go. That does not help the atmosphere too many nerves about.

Also get a manager who respects and encourages the supporters to show passion and that would help to.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:30 pm

At a time when we are seven matches away from promotion we seem intent on pressing the self destruct button with updates detailing or inferring that players are disciplined , having transfers screwed up and the managers replacement lined up because if we get promoted he won't be good enough and if we don't, he will have proved that he's not good enough!

And now a survey with a weighted suggestion that a nice atmosphere would be a reasonable exchange for premier league football!

I hope none of the players and staff ever read this stuff! Or does it matter? They are all journeymen and follow the money they have no loyalty but some of our fans seem to expect them to live, breath and die for the team like fans would! Get real, wake up and stop living in the past in a shitty run down stadium, with no hope team, no families wanting to come because of the aggro...........wonderful times!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:43 pm

f**k the prem! id rather have a shit team but an electric atmosphere every week :ayatollah: