Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" LIKE HIM or HATE HIM "

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:33 am

HATS OFF TO " NEIL WARNOCK " HE HAS RUN AWAY WITH THIS LEAGUE, JUST GOT ON WITH THE JOB and THEY HAVE DESERVEDLY WON IT, IN MY OPINION.

ITS BEST TO BE HONEST and OUT SPOKEN :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I said in August he is the Best Manager in This Division and Rightly So he Will get Manager of the year.

Re: " LIKE HIM or HATE HIM "

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:HATS OFF TO " NEIL WARNOCK " HE HAS RUN AWAY WITH THIS LEAGUE, JUST GOT ON WITH THE JOB and THEY HAVE DESERVEDLY WON IT, IN MY OPINION.

I said in August he is the Best Manager in This Division and Rightly So he Will get Manager of the year.

He's a good manager level, no doubt.

I'd take Paul Lamber as manager of the year over him though.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:HATS OFF TO " NEIL WARNOCK " HE HAS RUN AWAY WITH THIS LEAGUE, JUST GOT ON WITH THE JOB and THEY HAVE DESERVEDLY WON IT, IN MY OPINION.

I love to hate him Annis :lol: :lol: :lol:

But your absolutely right QPR have been the class of the League this season both on and off the field, QPR will be Champions and Warnock will win the Manager Of The Season - no doubt :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:13 am

WARNOCK IS EVERYTHING OUR MANAGER AINT. AND HIS TEAMS REFLECT THAT ON THE PITCH. MANAGER OF THE YEAR. BUT WE ARE STILL GOING TO BEAT THEM AT OUR STADIUM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:06 am

I think you're right Annis, but he's still a Cock IMO! :D :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:19 am

He got the job done Annis fair play. Also Paul Lambert is pure class. As for Dave Jones we should thank our lucky stars as we are over achieving and we should remember where we came from :evil:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:22 am

I'm going to do a Bywater here and say 'I don't care about Warnock... I don't care about QPR... I don't care about Norwich, Lambert, Swansea, Rodgers, Grayson, Leeds or any of the other mugs around us. I just care about how we do and where we are now. It is all about how we finish this season now'. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:33 am

Zabier wrote:I'm going to do a Bywater here and say 'I don't care about Warnock... I don't care about QPR... I don't care about Norwich, Lambert, Swansea, Rodgers, Grayson, Leeds or any of the other mugs around us. I just care about how we do and where we are now. It is all about how we finish this season now'. :ayatollah:

great post :ayatollah: :lol: have to agree with most of you, warnock has done a brilliant job. he has the quality and has done very well this season, whereas we also have the quality and we have struggled for periods of the season. DJ is a decent manager but should taken notes on how warnock has approached the season and how warnock and qpr have been so consistant throughout the season.
at the start of the season i think we should have been where qpr are now but we've got to fight to the end now. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:43 am

asz wrote:He's a good manager level, no doubt.

Why?

That's laughable.

Norwich could still yet end up in the P.O's... we have been top ALL season bar 1 weekend & are 9 points clear of Norwich & 14 points clear of Cardiff in 3rd why on earth would Lambert get manager of the year over Warnock? :?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:56 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
asz wrote:He's a good manager level, no doubt.

Why?

That's laughable.

Norwich could still yet end up in the P.O's... we have been top ALL season bar 1 weekend & are 9 points clear of Norwich & 14 points clear of Cardiff in 3rd why on earth would Lambert get manager of the year over Warnock? :?

I think he means you have to take into account the resources that both clubs have had. Personally, I feel Lambert is showing signs of being a better manager than Warnock and remember it's not always the manager who finishes the highest who gets manager of the year. It's the manager who does the best work with what he has.

It's a tough one to call but I certainly wouldn't rule out Lambert getting it if he gets Norwich promoted.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 am

Zabier I hear your point but people need to get this notion out of their heads that we have splashed the cash.

Neil Warnock has shown what a top manager he is by getting the right players. People will look at Routledge & Chimbonda (who is yet to start a game) & think we've bought the league but they won't be so quick to remember Warnock is the man who brought in Shaun Derry & Clint Hill 2 players who were supposedly 'on the scrap heap' according to many, or Jamie Mackie with a mere 9 goals the year before in a struggling Plymouth side.

Norwich have around 23,000 season ticket holders, we have 8,000. They are in a MUCH better position financially to get decent players in on big wages.

We couldn't even afford to sign Kyle Naughton on loan & he went to Spurs, that says it all.

No contest in my book.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:34 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Zabier I hear your point but people need to get this notion out of their heads that we have splashed the cash.

Neil Warnock has shown what a top manager he is by getting the right players. People will look at Routledge & Chimbonda (who is yet to start a game) & think we've bought the league but they won't be so quick to remember Warnock is the man who brought in Shaun Derry & Clint Hill 2 players who were supposedly 'on the scrap heap' according to many, or Jamie Mackie with a mere 9 goals the year before in a struggling Plymouth side.

Norwich have around 23,000 season ticket holders, we have 8,000. They are in a MUCH better position financially to get decent players in on big wages.

We couldn't even afford to sign Kyle Naughton on loan & he went to Spurs, that says it all.

No contest in my book.

Hi Stan whats with the Swansea Pride avatar?

You know what Stan you are naughty but I like you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please ask Warnock to win the League before the 23rd then you can all bring your deckchairs for the day out in South Wales :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 am

Hes an amazing manager.

Hes the only reason I listen to talksport on a sunday.
The guy speaks so much sense.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:14 pm

From Facebook

Aston Martyn Williams

I love him. He is out spoken and don't take no shit from anyone. Wish DJ was more like him.
3 hours ago · Unlike · 1 person

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:18 pm

I agree Warnock is a typical WYSIWYG manager. Just what you need. Give him the job and he'll do it.

One interesting question though......

If Neil Warnock had all of our players, playing for QPR, how many points do you think he would have attained?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Zabier I hear your point but people need to get this notion out of their heads that we have splashed the cash.

No contest in my book.

I was going to side on Lambert until I read that. Indeed QPR do have the backing but how much have they spent. If they were splashing the cash Chopra would have gone to them in January for £4 million.

Norwich are a big club, unlike QPR, but have been run wrongly and that is why they went down. A bit like Leicester and Leeds. It was only a question o ftime before they got their act together and started climbing again. On the contary QPR are NOT a big club so for them to be above the likes of Norwich is impressive. Give credit where it is due.

All in all it makes you wonder where we would be if we had the likes of Warnock or Lambert. We have the potential of being bigger than any of those clubs mentioned in this post.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:31 pm

Lambert would get my vote for Championship manager of the year. Half of the Norwich team are League 1 standard at best but he's made them play great football and pretty much got the 2nd automatic in the bag. This just shows the difference a class manager could make. Shame ours aint got a clue!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:37 pm

I dont really like him especially after the way he was after Roger Johnson was attacked by one of his players. But he has done a good job and kept them going.

I do agree about Paul Lambert, excellent job.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:39 pm

warnock has it all give him a few shillings he will do it with most clubs look at this video i wonder if this is what goes on in are dressing room and this is in his early days of management,class warnock it is going mad at halftime in dressing room.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQYuLiuGFyg

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:43 pm

No contest in my book.

Derry and Hill, two players he's worked with previously, ie favourites. Much like DJ with Naylor... :lol:

I'd side with Lambert, you don't hear of Norwich having dodgy transfers :lol:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

No contest in my book.

I was going to side on Lambert until I read that. Indeed QPR do have the backing but how much have they spent. If they were splashing the cash Chopra would have gone to them in January for £4 million.

Norwich are a big club, unlike QPR, but have been run wrongly and that is why they went down. A bit like Leicester and Leeds. It was only a question o ftime before they got their act together and started climbing again. On the contary QPR are NOT a big club so for them to be above the likes of Norwich is impressive. Give credit where it is due.

All in all it makes you wonder where we would be if we had the likes of Warnock or Lambert. We have the potential of being bigger than any of those clubs mentioned in this post.

I will agree with you that Norwich have been mismanaged and that as a result we got relegated. That relegation meant that we had a division one income for a season. When you realise that Paul Lambert's costliest player is Simeon Jackson at £600k inc add ons it puts things in to perspective. We may have big crowds but we service a £23m debt. If we are talking pure football terms and what Lambert has done this year it is a minor miracle.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:15 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:warnock has it all give him a few shillings he will do it with most clubs look at this video i wonder if this is what goes on in are dressing room and this is in his early days of management,class warnock it is going mad at halftime in dressing room.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQYuLiuGFyg

They still lost Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now can you find the clip that Naylor decks Bellamy at QPR :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:46 pm

nerd wrote:

No contest in my book.

Derry and Hill, two players he's worked with previously, ie favourites. Much like DJ with Naylor... :lol:

He worked with them before & knows they can do a sterling job, so what what's your point?

To mention Naylor one of the worst players in this division alongside 2 of the most consistent players in the championship is embarrassing & makes you seem unwise with regards to what you know about our players.

I'd have Derry & Hill over ANY cardiff players & I swear on that. What they hve brought us is invaluable.

Also regarding transfers are ccfc whiter than white in that department?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:32 pm

nerd wrote:

No contest in my book.

Erm... nothing like DJ with Naylor. Warnock remembered what these lads were capable of
and got the best out of them. DJ just 'remembered what Naylor had' ... and Koumas

We would be promoted by now with Warnock in charge of our squad

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Warnock has done well annis HOWEVER...They have been very lucky this season with injuries...they havent suffered like we have and lets not forget they spent alot more money on players than we did...

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Warnock and Lambert have both had very impressive seasons. Definitely more impressed with lambert and Norwhich tho. Very small budget and just come up from League 1. Qpr have steadily been buying good players for a few seasons now, alot of people tipped them to be there about this year and last year especially.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:32 pm

ccfcdor wrote:

Warnock has done well annis HOWEVER...They have been very lucky this season with injuries...they havent suffered like we have and lets not forget they spent alot more money on players than we did...

Injuries? Clutching at straws. And I'd bet our wage bill is massive compared to theirs, thus cancelling out their transfer fees.

Basically, in pre season no one thought QPR would be anywhere near where they are.