Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fair Play to Bothroyd

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Having watched the game at the CCS against Derby and studied the highlights, the thing that struck me is that Bothroyd was the only player to run to the crowd and celebrate after his goal. Keinan,Quinn and Whitts completely ignored the crowd and just celebrated amongst the players. Despite all thats been written about Jay lately I still think that he has a soft spot for the club and fans.

Re: Fair Play to Bothroyd

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:56 pm

:ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Keinian done the ayotollah thats celebrating ?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:26 pm

i think jay was buzzing to hit the net perfect timing we play best after a break, we tend to fall apart when the fixtures pile up...
i.e christmas and end of season, but this yr we got that nice break and now if we can pick up points in next two games, its gonna be 3rd place or 2nd.. for cardiff...

we dont want 3rd place but if it comes to that at least chopra and hudson will be back

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:27 pm

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:Keinian done the ayotollah thats celebrating ?

Yes he did do the ayotollah but from the halfway line about a minute after he scored once all the celebration was over.As I stated,his initial reaction was not to acknowledge the crowd as part of his celebration along with Quinn and Whitts.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:46 am

Bluebird64 wrote:Having watched the game at the CCS against Derby and studied the highlights, the thing that struck me is that Bothroyd was the only player to run to the crowd and celebrate after his goal. Keinan,Quinn and Whitts completely ignored the crowd and just celebrated amongst the players. Despite all thats been written about Jay lately I still think that he has a soft spot for the club and fans.

Thats very true, after all the other goals the players did not acknowledge Our Fans, Jay was the only one to.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:49 am

i like Bothroyd a lot, just wish he would settle in Cardiff, but at the end of the day he is a London boy

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:47 am

has anyone ever seen Whitts celebrate a goal!?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:20 am

To be fair lads, more often than not they celebrate with the fans. Whenever I score in 5 a side I always tell myself 'do a really gay and amusing goal celebration' but I always forget and just celebrate in a normal mundane way. I wouldn't judge what the players do after scoring too much.

Plus, the fact Keinan, an Israeli, did the ayatollah... that speaks volumes and fair play to him for doing it. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:27 am

one minute we moan about not winning now were are moaning about winning??
im sorry you have all lost me here. 2 defenders have scorered dont usually know how to celebrate. whitts has never celebrated to the fans its not in his nature we all know hes like to keep himself to himself.
plus out of respect all the players who scored from open play went and thanked the player who crossed it and set up the goal. if anything i would rather see them do that "team spirit".
it shows they are more of a unit now than ever!
:ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:37 am

Zabier wrote:To be fair lads, more often than not they celebrate with the fans. Whenever I score in 5 a side I always tell myself 'do a really gay and amusing goal celebration' but I always forget and just celebrate in a normal mundane way. I wouldn't judge what the players do after scoring too much.

Plus, the fact Keinan, an Israeli, did the ayatollah... that speaks volumes and fair play to him for doing it. :ayatollah:

im the same in 5-a-side.. played last night and though if i score.. gonna do the Nolan chicken.. but didnt celebrate and just went back into my half for kick off..

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:39 am

cmorris1927 wrote:
Zabier wrote:To be fair lads, more often than not they celebrate with the fans. Whenever I score in 5 a side I always tell myself 'do a really gay and amusing goal celebration' but I always forget and just celebrate in a normal mundane way. I wouldn't judge what the players do after scoring too much.

im the same in 5-a-side.. played last night and though if i score.. gonna do the Nolan chicken.. but didnt celebrate and just went back into my half for kick off..

I just like to think we are model professionals to be honest mate! :D

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:45 am

Zabier wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:

I just like to think we are model professionals to be honest mate! :D

haha.. or cos im a fat fcuker and got no energy left to celebrate

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:55 am

Sorry but Jay hasn't even tried for months. Scores a penalty and runs up to the fans does not make up for it. Him giving the City 100% from now on will bring redemption but only just.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:57 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Sorry but Jay hasn't even tried for months. Scores a penalty and runs up to the fans does not make up for it. Him giving the City 100% from now on will bring redemption but only just.

In his defence he's shown improvement over the last 3-4 games. I think he's determined to prove a lot of critics wrong and I'll admit I was one of those critics and I hope he makes me shut the f**k up.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Keinan celebrated, I'm 5 rows back to the left of the goal in the family stand, he stood and held his arms out, Bellamy was also pointed to himself saying that was mine with a bug smile on his face, not sure how it was his though, quite a nice celebration I though! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:Having watched the game at the CCS against Derby and studied the highlights, the thing that struck me is that Bothroyd was the only player to run to the crowd and celebrate after his goal. Keinan,Quinn and Whitts completely ignored the crowd and just celebrated amongst the players. Despite all thats been written about Jay lately I still think that he has a soft spot for the club and fans.

Its gone that quiet lately perhaps they forgot there were
any fans there.

Or maybe they've been threatened with ejection by the
stewards if they celebrate too 'aggressively'

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Who gives a f**k if they celebrate or not! :lol: as long as the goal stands and we get 3pts at the end of it, I dont care - I'll do all the celebrating when I get home with a sharp bottle of WKD Blue. :lol:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Merlin wrote:Who gives a f**k if they celebrate or not! :lol: as long as the goal stands and we get 3pts at the end of it, I dont care - I'll do all the celebrating when I get home with a sharp bottle of WKD Blue. :lol:

Wicked Blue you big girls blouse Merlin :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:52 pm

jay is crucial in our bid for promotion :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:54 pm

jaybothroyd wrote:jay is crucial in our bid for promotion :ayatollah:

Yes i agree. But if he dosen't want to play for us then he is useless. :cry: He hasn't been trying has he you will have to admit that. If he puts a proper shift in then he will be massive.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:06 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Yes i agree. But if he dosen't want to play for us then he is useless. :cry: He hasn't been trying has he you will have to admit that. If he puts a proper shift in then he will be massive.

jay would be gone by now if he wasn't commited to this club. at the end of the day he is an ambitious player who wants to be playing in the prem next season with cardiff city hopefully. he has been trying, everytime he steps out onto that pitch he tries. no player at this club steps onto that pitch and doesn't try. its just that if things don't start going his way in matches, sometimes he does get frustrated and needlesly gives away free kicks or gives away possession. if we are to get promoted then jay is key to that as all our attacking play goes through him as he is so gd in the air and holding the ball up and bringing other players into play. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:18 pm

jaybothroyd wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

jay would be gone by now if he wasn't commited to this club. at the end of the day he is an ambitious player who wants to be playing in the prem next season with cardiff city hopefully. he has been trying, everytime he steps out onto that pitch he tries. no player at this club steps onto that pitch and doesn't try. its just that if things don't start going his way in matches, sometimes he does get frustrated and needlesly gives away free kicks or gives away possession. if we are to get promoted then jay is key to that as all our attacking play goes through him as he is so gd in the air and holding the ball up and bringing other players into play. :ayatollah:

Chief he wanted to leave in January but was made to stay. He does not want to be here full stop. How many goals has he scored since his England debut ? And do you believe his performances has been good ? All he does is fall on the floor when anyone comes near him. Sorry Sheriff but he has not been earning his crust.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:23 pm

i like jay, but, i dont think hes a premiership player, hes good at this level, and i dont think he would make an impact in the prem, they all talk it, but cant walk it, routledge is another, hes found his level, good in this division, but struggles in the prem, chopra ,another one, koumas, in his days, good for us, shit in the prem, the list goes on, jay would be 4th in line in the birmingham team if they signed him,,,,,, and there on the verge of relegation, :roll:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Jay will re-discover his best form in these final 7 games i'm sure. You've got to believe in the guy because to be fair to him his performances have improved of late.
Promotion requires everyone to back every player and member of staff. if fans don't start to believe in certain players then it is unlikely they will perform. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:56 pm

jaybothroyd wrote:Jay will re-discover his best form in these final 7 games i'm sure. You've got to believe in the guy because to be fair to him his performances have improved of late.
Promotion requires everyone to back every player and member of staff. if fans don't start to believe in certain players then it is unlikely they will perform. :ayatollah:

Just because he scored a penalty dosen't prove that he is now playing well. Really hope he does because we need him but he is a selfish bugger and i have my doubts :cry: