Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

rumour of martin o neill!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:29 pm

I am dissapointed by this big style, i am a fan of carls updates as it gives us the fans some inside information which is usually true.

i am dissapointed however even tho i know carl didn;t leak this information that he has mentioned it, i feel that potential new manager targets at this critical stage in the season could have a detrimental impact on th team, we are in with a shout of 2nd still ans surely saying that martin o neill has been lined up to possibly take over whether it be next year or sooner will only put the players off the goal!! the premiership

i would welcome martin o neill to our club IF we didn't egt promoted this season as i feel honestly DJ's time would be up as annis has rightly said he has a decent level of backing especially this season and i think ultimately he himself knows if he doesn't deliver this year then he is gone but set that aside he IS our manager now and deserves the chance to get our boys to the premier league without rumours and hear say spreading at a pivotal point in what could be the clubs defining season, the malaysians made the choice in january to presumably give him til the end of the season, so why meet with O ' neill noW?

If DJ gets us promoted he deserves to get a crack at the premiership and rightly so, if not then he deserves to go plain and simple THEN and ONLY then would i like to hear potential managers being met by the board etc as this is the way things should be done, after all they want promotion we are in strong position whose to say a new manager next year would get us uP??
theres no guarantees in football and by opening the current can of worms i beilive it could derail our best chance yet of reaching the promised land, so get off the team and managers back and support us through til the end if DJ and the team fail then fair enough a new approach is neeeded next season, i belive a whole new backroom team would be needed if thats the case as most op the backroom staff have been hear through DJ's tenure, one out all otu (or most) and start again

this is my opinion but surely most can see that this blantant rumour spreading is not good at this time of year 7 games to go lets wait see and then make decision through the barron 3 months of the close season!!

Re: rumour of martin o neill!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:14 am

Well you could look at it completely differently.

For example, DJ himself probably already knows he doesn't deserve another season if we don't get promoted, in footballing terms the 6 years he has had to deliver Premiership football is a lifetime. In that case he would perfectly understand that the club would put out feelers to cover itself (after all we are talking about a multi-million pound business).

Why that would have an automatic detrimental effect on the players is beyond my logic as the players are well paid professionals who should be above that nonsense.

Re: rumour of martin o neill!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:16 am

He posted it as a rumour only. He hasn't heard anything from within the club. So how can it be destabilizing ? every club has its rumour mill. And how about Colin Wanker? he got told he would be replaced if they made it to the prem. Did it destabilize them ? NO