Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" YOUNG GUNS MEETING THIS AFTERNOON "

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Video Well Worth Watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0imbJkLzTBg :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Had a productive meeting with Scott and the Young Guns team down the ground today. I attended along with my Good wife who is the brains of the operation, Annis Abraham,and Corky who has gallantly agreed to help us out due to Ridofrids on-going illness.

Corkys help and experience will be invaluable to helping us progress, Carl was stuck in work today but is till totally committed to helping the scheme succeed.

We have now put in place the arrangements for the Scott Young Guns road show which is kicking off in Morgans bar Tonypandy at 8pm on the 22nd of April i.e the night before QPR home, there will be lot's of things going on at the event and there will be some old legends there for a question and answer session, Scott will be putting several of these together for us over the season and we intend visiting venues in several areas.

it is hoped to attract ex players like Legge, Gilo, Eckhard, Cohen Griffiths, Jason Perry, Blakey, Dwyer, Roger Gibbins etc.etc. these will be formally announced prior to each event.

The Young Guns initiative is already paying dividends, someone as stepped up and is organising three centers for training in the Caerphilly area and one more is looking a distinct possibility in the Pontllanfraith area, watch this space.

Scott as just come back from Malaysia and the above you tube link will show you how advanced things are in that country, the countries Prime minister attended and also the national team manager, there were hundreds of kids who took part in Cardiff City have really made big inroads into establishing a huge support base in a country where football is just about to take off big time.

Some people have questioned the Malaysian's commitment to our club, but things as we can see above help to prove they have long term big plans for us and I for one am excited by the possibilities and benefits this can bring the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

All Donations Welcome :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Or you can become a Member for as little as £1 a month or £12 a year.

Santander Bank Sort code 09-01-27 Account No 85932151 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: YOUNG GUNS MEETING THIS AFTERNOON

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:57 pm

BigGwynram wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0imbJkLzTBg

Had a productive meeting with Scott and the Young Guns team down the ground today. I attended along with my Good wife who is the brains of the operation, Annis Abraham,and Corky who has gallantly agreed to help us out due to Ridofrids on-going illness.

Corkys help and experience will be invaluable to helping us progress, Carl was stuck in work today but is till totally committed to helping the scheme succeed.

We have now put in place the arrangements for the Scott Young Guns road show which is kicking off in Morgans bar Tonypandy at 8pm on the 22nd of April i.e the night before QPR home, there will be lot's of things going on at the event and there will be some old legends there for a question and answer session, Scott will be putting several of these together for us over the season and we intend visiting venues in several areas.

it is hoped to attract ex players like Legge, Gilo, Eckhard, Cohen Griffiths, Jason Perry, Blakey, Dwyer, Roger Gibbins etc.etc. these will be formally announced prior to each event.

The Young Guns initiative is already paying dividends, someone as stepped up and is organising three centers for training in the Caerphilly area and one more is looking a distinct possibility in the Pontllanfraith area, watch this space.

Scott as just come back from Malaysia and the above you tube link will show you how advanced things are in that country, the countries Prime minister attended and also the national team manager, there were hundreds of kids who took part in Cardiff City have really made big inroads into establishing a huge support base in a country where football is just about to take off big time.

Some people have questioned the Malaysian's commitment to our club, but things as we can see above help to prove they have long term big plans for us and I for one am excited by the possibilities and benefits this can bring the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah

All Donations Welcome

Or you can become a Member for as little as £1 a month or £12 a year.

Santander Bank Sort code 09-01-27 Account No 85932151

:

Thanks Gwyn :ayatollah:

Re: " YOUNG GUNS MEETING THIS AFTERNOON "

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 pm

CARDIFF CITY'S FUTURE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0imbJkLzTBg :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Gwyn/Alyson and Corky, listening to Scott Young you realise how much we can really help Our Youngster and how much they need our Support for Cardiff City's Future :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0imbJkLzTBg

HOW FAR WE HAVE COME and THE FUTURE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 pm

So the future is in Malaysia Annis?

Your a salesmans dream- it wasnt long ago you were having tea and biscuits with Ridders! Although you saved the best ones for me ! :lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:27 pm

Daya wrote:So the future is in Malaysia Annis?

Your a salesmans dream- it wasnt long ago you were having tea and biscuits with Ridders! Although you saved the best ones for me ! :lol:

The world's future is in the Far East where you will find the fastest growing economies. Hear in the UK we are no longer a world leader in many fields that we used to be, but one thing we still do better than any where else on earth is football competitions such as the Premier League and FA Cup.

Why the hell shouldn't we be in there pitching for our peice of the action? For once we seem to be ahead of the game and that just has to be a good thing.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:24 am

Cheers for that Gwyn and good to see the kids of South Wales have something worthwhile to develope their careers in football ............ hope the Malaysian adventure does eventually snowball and that the interest doesnt end should UK football gambling NOT be sanctioned in their country . Onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:10 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Cheers for that Gwyn and good to see the kids of South Wales have something worthwhile to develope their careers in football ............ hope the Malaysian adventure does eventually snowball and that the interest doesnt end should UK football gambling NOT be sanctioned in their country . Onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

I have always thought VT's big interest here was linked to his attempt to get a gambling licence in Malaysia.

From recent questions asked in the Malaysian Parliament it appears that he will be granted a licence in 2013 (which interestingly coincides with the full settlement date agreed in the 2010 takeover agreement) providing that VT meets certain criteria such as putting in place conditions that no-one under 21 or a Muslim can have a telephone betting account.

Just speculating but the 2013 deadline might be the reason why Langston haven't yet been paid and why the Malaysian's don't seem too concerned by another year in the Championship.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:30 am

suppose anything else then is a bonus to them and Sam gets his money early and we as fans get to see Rooney swearing 1 season earlier than planned :D

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:43 am

BigGwynram wrote:The Young Guns initiative is already paying dividends, someone as stepped up and is organising three centers for training in the Caerphilly area and one more is looking a distinct possibility in the Pontllanfraith area, watch this space.

The 'someone in the Caerphilly area' is Caerphilly County Borough Council. The centres are already up and running and have been for over a month now.

We had an official launch in February with Darcy Blake and Aaron Ramsey present and over 100 kids. We are training about 40 kids every week in Caerphilly now and will hopefully be starting an extra session in the near future. The centre at Pontllanfraith is already up and running.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:54 am

Good news that ........ so are these centres linked to the Young Guns then ??

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Good news that ........ so are these centres linked to the Young Guns then ??

They are, there wouldn't be different Cardiff City centres in the same area under a different scheme.

They haven't been referred to as 'Young Guns' centres but I think that's what the fans are calling it rather than the club. Scott Young is the guy directing it all.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:46 pm

CCFC website are pushing for their Acadamy Foundation again ( see link below ) , so whats the diff between Acadamy funding and Young Guns founding ???

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Aca ... 72,00.html

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:CCFC website are pushing for their Acadamy Foundation again ( see link below ) , so whats the diff between Acadamy funding and Young Guns founding ???

Most of the Academny funding goes to pay the Academy wages, 90% I'm informed. All the money raised by the Young Guns goes to the centres.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:CCFC website are pushing for their Acadamy Foundation again ( see link below ) , so whats the diff between Acadamy funding and Young Guns founding ???

Most of the Academny funding goes to pay the Academy wages, 90% I'm informed. All the money raised by the Young Guns goes to the centres.

Correct Ian :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Correct Ian :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The Academy is going to need far more funding under the new directives from the FA. at least 500k a year . With the new regulations coming in " young guns" will be able to choose from any age any Academy in the Country!

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Thiers no better person for the job Scott Young legend

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:50 pm

And how do you form that opinion? I'm not in disagreement just wondering how you form your opinion?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

so where to and how many of these centres are there in South Wales , and are they purely feeders for the CCFC Acadamy ?

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Now the regulations are to be changed those at the centres will have free choice to go where they wish. Where as before its been limited .

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:05 am

Steve, are you saying that these centres will effectively be a shop window for any club in the County? Although we should be first in there I guess.