Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Our Away Support "

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Not having a go but considering what is at stake I'm quite shocked at the lack of interest for the next 2 away fixtures! Arguably our most important 2 away matches of the season I thought we may have sold a lot more than we have to date. Doncaster 850 and Sheffield United 270. A few seasons ago I said if ever Cardiff got themselves in such a great position we would sell out our away allocation, but I must admit I was wrong. The supporters who travel away have been great all season and I know the supporters who are going to the next 2 away fixtures will support the team 100%, but for those waiting just for the Burnley game (thats all people are interested in) it maybe all over by then for the worst? THE TEAM NEED YOUR SUPPORT NOW. Yes times are tough but our home average is over 20,000 we can do better than we are at the moment.

Re: Away support

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:50 pm

A major factor is that a lot of people have just renewed their season tickets for next season, and in my situation, the next two matches are a no go for me.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Yep. Just dropped around three hundred quid for next season. Doubt i'll be able to afford another away this season now, as burnley is a no go weekend for me anyway. :(

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:53 pm

vince.alm wrote:Not having a go but considering what is at stake I'm quite shocked at the lack of interest for the next 2 away fixtures! Arguably our most important 2 away matches of the season I thought we may have sold a lot more than we have to date. Doncaster 850 and Sheffield United 270. A few seasons ago I said if ever Cardiff got themselves in such a great position we would sell out our away allocation, but I must admit I was wrong. The supporters who travel away have been great all season and I know the supporters who are going to the next 2 away fixtures will support the team 100%, but for those waiting just for the Burnley game (thats all people are interested in) it maybe all over by then for the worst? THE TEAM NEED YOUR SUPPORT NOW. Yes times are tough but our home average is over 20,000 we can do better than we are at the moment.

vince done more than my fair share of aways this year, the simple reason im not going to sheff united is that its almost 30 quid for the bus, 25 odd for the ticket, i have renewed my ST this week, and i simply cant afford it :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:55 pm

I did my season ticket on 5 installments so i could go to the remaining fixtures

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Sheff Utd is a bit of a bugger as I have no holidays left to take in work. Will be at Doncaster, Preston and Burnley though.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:58 pm

think its down to money, people have had to fork out for season tickets,have easter coming up so other things take priority,
think the club could do a thing for the regular away supporters with the supporters club and pay the coach fare for maybe the sheff utd trip, but thats not going to happen.
think ipswich away a few seasons ago was the last time

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:03 pm

vince.alm wrote:I did my season ticket on 5 installments so i could go to the remaining fixtures

Some people aren't lucky enough to be able to afford to go to all the games, 5 installments or not.

I'm going to all the remaining aways apart from Sheffield as I can't get the time off.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:04 pm

vince.alm wrote:Not having a go but considering what is at stake I'm quite shocked at the lack of interest for the next 2 away fixtures! Arguably our most important 2 away matches of the season I thought we may have sold a lot more than we have to date. Doncaster 850 and Sheffield United 270. A few seasons ago I said if ever Cardiff got themselves in such a great position we would sell out our away allocation, but I must admit I was wrong. The supporters who travel away have been great all season and I know the supporters who are going to the next 2 away fixtures will support the team 100%, but for those waiting just for the Burnley game (thats all people are interested in) it maybe all over by then for the worst? THE TEAM NEED YOUR SUPPORT NOW. Yes times are tough but our home average is over 20,000 we can do better than we are at the moment.

football is a luxury.

The Country is in financial meltdown.

Simple really.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Time is my problem. Can't do them all, so saving it for Preston.

Good luck to all those going to the other two. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Daya wrote:

football is a luxury.

The Country is in financial meltdown.

Simple really.
too true Mr Day

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Claire wrote:
vince.alm wrote:I did my season ticket on 5 installments so i could go to the remaining fixtures

Some people aren't lucky enough to be able to afford to go to all the games, 5 installments or not.

I'm going to all the remaining aways apart from Sheffield as I can't get the time off.

i did 5 installments vince, that first one has to come out at some point though :cry:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:15 pm

I actually applied to do monthly installments, but im awful with money and when I read that if you miss a payment they charge you £20 and then £20 again for every letter sent out, I thought better of going down that route! :lol: Everyones screwed financially right now, the country is mess, and £50 on average for each away game doesn't help. As Daya said it's a luxury.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Just picked up my 3 for Doncaster so it's at least 853 now.lol we will have at least a 1,000 there and we'll have a great day out.
Those that can't make it will still be behind us, glued to radio, internet and teletext etc. Doncaster ain't the most romantic of areas but its a great stadium and a fair way but quite a straight forward journey, also to make it more interesting we'll be sharing the road for a fair way with QPR who are at Scunthorpe, wonder how many they'l take.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:22 pm

I'll be at donny with my youngest boy but minus my tache :lol: :lol:
hopefully going to be doing sheff utd as well depending on transport arrangements still to be sorted
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
if my missus had control and any idea on the cost for the next 2 trips i would probally be staying in s/wales for both trips and keeping the tache to :lol: :lol: :lol:
i know alot of people can't afford to go to every game home and away me as well included in that but still i just can't seem to refuse another rollercoaster ride following the city home or away.
well done to those that are travelling and i'm sure we will all get right behind the team for the final few games
BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIRDS

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm

to expensive for me. if i go i got to take my son aand daughter these days so its a no go :(

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Installments financially budgeting are a mugs game.

Ask the millions of people who purchased in the credit boom that way, in the shit now.

Vince a simple posting on here regarding in a few jobs available led to nearly 100 PM messages in my inbox. That's the sorry state of affairs for the general supporter, money is tight. Encouraging installments in my opinion is a temptation and financial suicide for some.

Maybe the Billionaire Malaysians could lay on for their loyal following, but hey dont be daft - they dont care!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:39 pm

love to go but aint got the money :lol: really saving for the play offs

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:46 pm

If I worked out how much I had spent supporting City over 40 years It would frighten the life out of me. An awful lot of the time I have watched us bottling it big time and there comes a time when, emotionally as well, a line has to be drawn. I travel from Dorset for home games and have just been blackmailed into renewing my season ticket with the threat of someone else being able to take my seat if I don`t pay in April. Vince, not everybody lives just for watching Cardiff City. If I lived in Cardiff and was single I would probably go to every game home and away, but I do have other interests. It would be nice, if only for one season, we could bloody well roll over teams and win the league by now and relax, but even with the players we have at the club ( the envy of every other manager ) we still manage to cock up all the time. Millwall was the latest away example ( I was there ) and even against Derby, the miss of the season stopped us having god knows how much nail biting time again. There is only so much stress a man can take. After Wembley last year it is amazing how many of us have kept the faith, not how many are not traipsing hundreds of miles for, no doubt, more frustration and heartache in Yorkshire!
Respect to the fans who are going and nobody would be more pleased than me if you all get to watch the team pick up 6 points.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Doncaster & Sheffield Utd = South Yorkshire Police :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:53 pm

good post lardo lots of city fans i spoke to on saturday just dont beleive any more its a long way to go and a lot of money to spend for more heart break but good luck for both games vince :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Im a student so can't do tuesday away games, im going Doncaster but struggling to get cash together for PNE :oops:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 pm

two of my mates have either just got tickets or getting tickets and i think they'll be in dibsy's coach if he going :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm starting to get fed up of being lectured by fellow fans. People moaning about home support, away support, atmosphere etc.

Yorkshire is expensive to get to. And their police are notorious. Don't blame people for not going. Done 6 aways this and can't afford anymore this season. Too many other priorities.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:06 pm

it is an expensive trip and i agree with most of you saying that the season ticket renewal has put a dent in your bank account. i know the people who go to the away games on a regular basis but i also agree that way too many people are waiting for the burnley game. i will be going to that game along with the preston game and i wanted to go to sheffield but not 100% due to money issues. I think our away support is fantastic and we make a hell of an atmosphere no matter what numbers we take but i can see where vince is coming from, we should be taking big numbers to these games especially with the spot we are currently in and what we are fighting for. dissapointed with the tickets sold.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 pm

never done a league away game as i have worked in retail pretty much all my adult life, thus making saturdays very difficult and am very fortunate to have a long standing gentlemans agreement to have days off for home games hence being a season ticket holder. i like to keep all holidays specifically for the family. however..................

have wangled time off for the burnley game, so does this mean i am an awayday plastic? even though been following city since phil dwyer had his boots on!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:18 pm

if i had the money and behaved myself the previous weekend i would be going, people need to bare in mind...the bankers fucked the economy up, which has led to no confidence from the people who will now save their money (where as they shouldve kept spending as normal) and prices gone up...i bet we would normally bring about 2500 atleast to donny but its not cheap fella :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:if i had the money and behaved myself the previous weekend i would be going, people need to bare in mind...the bankers fucked the economy up, which has led to no confidence from the people who will now save their money (where as they shouldve kept spending as normal) and prices gone up...i bet we would normally bring about 2500 atleast to donny but its not cheap fella :ayatollah:

you shouldn't struggle...crates of coke are around £3 so you should be fine mate. rolo's are 60p you've got it easy no excuse :lol:
on a serious note, although i agree with what most of you are pointing out. i don't think we can generalise on just doncaster and the sheff united game although ticket sales should be higher. we have taken big numbers to quite a few games this season. keep things positive lads :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:31 pm

lewis91 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:if i had the money and behaved myself the previous weekend i would be going, people need to bare in mind...the bankers fucked the economy up, which has led to no confidence from the people who will now save their money (where as they shouldve kept spending as normal) and prices gone up...i bet we would normally bring about 2500 atleast to donny but its not cheap fella :ayatollah:

you shouldn't struggle...crates of coke are around £3 so you should be fine mate. rolo's are 60p you've got it easy no excuse :lol:
on a serious note, although i agree with what most of you are pointing out. i don't think we can generalise on just doncaster and the sheff united game although ticket sales should be higher. we have taken big numbers to quite a few games this season. keep things positive lads :ayatollah:

f**k off :lol:

and yea i know but we also went on a bad run so perhaps people are borderline on wether we will go up or not, :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Season ticket x5 monthly installments
£240 per month for a new car I had to have as mine was broken and I need it to get to uni and placements/community midwifery
Diesel for at least 150 miles per week, more if I'm on placement
A lot of birthdays coming up
Insurance due in August so trying to save for that (it'll be astronomical as I'll have only just hit 20 by that point)
All on a £560 per month bursary

I have to draw the line at some point with away matches, and at £50 (at least) just for travel and ticket, prioritising has to be done