Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

carls update about chopra drinking

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:04 pm

just wondered how widespread this is in the team,lets be honest for most of the season we didnt know what team would turn up,and just thinking that maybe just maybe that friday nights were not being spent tucked up in bed,just a thought :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: carls update about chopra drinking

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:35 pm

krab wrote:just wondered how widespread this is in the team,lets be honest for most of the season we didnt know what team would turn up,and just thinking that maybe just maybe that friday nights were not being spent tucked up in bed,just a thought :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As no other incidents have yet been reported in a Carl update we have to assume the Chopra indiscretion was a 'one off' ;)

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
krab wrote:just wondered how widespread this is in the team,lets be honest for most of the season we didnt know what team would turn up,and just thinking that maybe just maybe that friday nights were not being spent tucked up in bed,just a thought :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As no other incidents have yet been reported in a Carl update we have to assume the Chopra indiscretion was a 'one off' ;)

agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 pm

I'd better not mention Blake pissed up being thrown out of a club
Last week , apparently the doorman threw him through a glass door,
Cutting his arm to shreds ! Oooppps :o

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:32 pm

i dont mind em drinking...heck they can do what the fudge they want! aslong as they make up for it on the pitch :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:42 pm

theirs no discipline at this club.

alcohol dehydrates muscles it makes you prone to injury..

coincedently , bothroyd, chopra, quinn, koumas , are well prone to picking up injurys

more to mention the injury on chopra after his apparent night out on the pisshh

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:26 am

Firstly regarding Chopra he was on the piss and had a house party until the early hours. Now can anyone on here tell me with tiredness you would be more prone to picking up an injury. Of coarse you would and what's to say it played a part in Chopras injury. They get paid the big bucks to treat there bodies with respect and Chopras selfishness could cost this club dearly.
When I was at Prestatyn for the National Karate Championships you had competitors having maybe 1 pint and an early night so they would be in the best shape the next day. Now these guys pay to compete and they showed more proffesionalism than most overpaid selfish footballers who live in a fantasy world.
As for Darcey what is it with him and pub windows ? I will find out the truth on that one as my mate knows the whole Blake household.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:42 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Firstly regarding Chopra he was on the piss and had a house party until the early hours. Now can anyone on here tell me with tiredness you would be more prone to picking up an injury. Of coarse you would and what's to say it played a part in Chopras injury. They get paid the big bucks to treat there bodies with respect and Chopras selfishness could cost this club dearly.
When I was at Prestatyn for the National Karate Championships you had competitors having maybe 1 pint and an early night so they would be in the best shape the next day. Now these guys pay to compete and they showed more proffesionalism than most overpaid selfish footballers who live in a fantasy world.
As for Darcey what is it with him and pub windows ? I will find out the truth on that one as my mate knows the whole Blake household.

I agree with this and in fact reckon that there should even possibly be a zero tolerance policy towards drinking and gambling during the playing season. I don't agree with the view that these guys are human etc and should be allowed to have a drink as long as they perform on the pitch. This is 2011 not 1975 and players are highly paid professional athletes. I'm sure that the Olympic village in 2012 won't be full of athletes going on the piss even weeks out from their event (although apparently it is a real shag fest). Most of us would give our right arm to be a professional footballer and happily give up drinking during the season in order to be in the best shape. There are no doubts that alcohol affects performance and recovery and I don't buy the 'team building' or 'winding down' arguments. I think it is an insult to fans who work their nuts off to earn in a year what they earn in a few weeks to see them disrespect the privileged position they are put in.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:09 am

Midfield general wrote:I dont care about their drinking as along as they get it out of their system before the day of the game. Having a drink is also seen as winding down and everyone needs a blow out every now and then so lay off them with the drinking lads.

disagree,they got a 6 week break soon,they need to be in peak physical fittness,or they become darts players :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:14 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Firstly regarding Chopra he was on the piss and had a house party until the early hours. Now can anyone on here tell me with tiredness you would be more prone to picking up an injury. Of coarse you would and what's to say it played a part in Chopras injury. They get paid the big bucks to treat there bodies with respect and Chopras selfishness could cost this club dearly.

are you referring to the smashed window in blackwood?or as there been another incident? though one is bad enough.it was his friend that required hospital treatment after apparantly putting it through the door accidently (as you do) though both were quite troublesome all evening

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 am

We didnt need Carl to give us an update on Darcy Blake kicking a door in when he was pissed coz it was in the newspapers :lol:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:08 am

Parkin was out friday night.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:32 am

birchblue wrote:Parkin was out friday night.

if what is being said is all true,and i have no reason to doubt,then it needs to be stopped, :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:08 pm

It's tough to see what is true and what isn't. Personally, I don't see why sportsmen who do it want to do it. Going out and drinking isn't all that. I rarely go out now because there's much more productive things to do on a weekend. I'm not even on thousands of pounds a week so why can't these people who earn money through sport just give the nights out a miss or at least not go overboard when they do???

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Going on the razz a night b4 a game is totally reckless to say the least, they have breaks ect,,,,,
all i will say is DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:07 pm

We may think its a one off , but what we dont hear about we will never know will we ! ;)

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:10 pm

I understand that Christiano Ronald is basically tea total. And the reason he left Man Utd was because of the drinking culture of dome of the other players. And he's not a bad player!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:12 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

We may think its a one off , but what we dont hear about we will never know will we ! ;)

very true :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:49 pm

judging by his double chin and gut in the photo on the back page of the echo Mr chopra hasn't been taking care of his body for a while. The management team should be on his back big time if that photo does him justice.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:16 pm

evil c wrote:I'd better not mention Blake pissed up being thrown out of a club

Darcy is a proper old school lad, legend. Chopra in FYEO fridaynight - couldnt care less lad

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:51 pm

I havent touched a drop of alcohol for at least 3 years and I havent picked up an injury - so there must be something in it.

Having said that I dont know what sort of injury I could pick up sitting at a desk! :D

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:27 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
evil c wrote:I'd better not mention Blake pissed up being thrown out of a club

Darcy is a proper old school lad, legend. Chopra in FYEO fridaynight - couldnt care less lad

The boy is screwing up his career and that is a fact.. The only one who will have regrets is Darcey himself when he realises he has thrown a promising career away. in fact his little Bro is a better player by all accounts but he is more interested in rugby.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I understand that Christiano Ronald is basically tea total. And the reason he left Man Utd was because of the drinking culture of dome of the other players. And he's not a bad player!

ronaldos shit...he should come to cardiff...and ramsey :D :ayatollah: