Re: explosive OR damp squid

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:14 pm

someone change the title of the thread to ''EXPLOSIVE OR SHIT'' :lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:17 pm

SQUIB

Noun

damp squib (plural damp squibs)

1. A firework that fails to go off, due to wetting.
2. (idiomatic, by extension) Anything that doesn’t work properly, or fails to come up to expectations.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:18 pm

milly44 wrote:someone change the title of the thread to ''EXPLOSIVE OR SHIT'' :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Claire wrote:SQUIB

Noun

2. (idiomatic, by extension) Anything that doesn’t work properly, or fails to come up to expectations.

i fail to see any sense in this thread because i use squid as bait when i go fishing, and its alway moist and damp :D so is the author saying annis is moist and damp 8-)

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:22 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

Noun

i fail to see any sense in this thread because i use squid as bait when i go fishing, and its alway moist and damp :D so is the author saying annis is moist and damp 8-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squib_(explosive)

While most modern squibs used by professionals are insulated from moisture, older uninsulated squibs needed to be kept dry in order to ignite, thus a "damp squib" was literally one that failed to perform because it got wet. Often misheard as "damp squid", the phrase "damp squib" has since come into general use to mean anything that fails to meet expectations. The word "squib" has come to take on a similar meaning even when used alone, as a synonym for dud.

:D :D :D :D :D

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:22 pm

Squid tastes good in a paella

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm

squid tastes like shit :D yuk!!!!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Squid rings, mmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:28 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

Noun

You also fail to catch anything so I guess squid doesn't work properly and fails to come up to expectations! :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Claire wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

Noun

You also fail to catch anything so I guess squid doesn't work properly and fails to come up to expectations! :lol: :lol:
you are my best catch to date ;)

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:30 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:squid tastes like shit :D yuk!!!!

Agree with you here Baz. Watched many a diner eating it and all I want to do is mount it....on a Pennel!! :D :D :D

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:31 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Claire wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i fail to see any sense in this thread because i use squid as bait when i go fishing, and its alway moist and damp :D so is the author saying annis is moist and damp 8-)

you are my best catch to date ;)

That was a damp squib as well! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:squid tastes like shit :D yuk!!!!

Agree with you here Baz. Watched many a diner eating it and all I want to do is mount it....on a Pennel!! :D :D :D

:lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:32 pm

i had been drinking, and my medication didnt work, it wont happen again I PROMISE :D

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The Jay story could be viewed 'explosive' from several different angles, rather than his supposed reaction to being called back after travelling half way down the M4.

Firstly up is Fulham being willing to pay £4m for a player into the last 6 months of his contract and secondly Cardiff City (mainly Dave Jones it would seem) having the bottle to reject it even though Fulham had met the asking price agreed with Jay's agent.

There is also the fact the club insisted that 'no bids were received for Jay' during the January window. :roll:

For the record I can perfectly understand Jay's reaction when he was called back. We have to remember players have lives outside of football and as we all know a personal life can sometimes influence your professional life. In Jay's case he had given 2 and half season's good service and would have left the club £4m richer (or least owing £4m less ;) ) if had gone.

But it would hardly be a surprise if someone had offered money for someone who , at the time , was near the top of the scoring charts in the Championship.So why "explosive"? Would it be "explosive" if clubs show an interest in signing Gareth Bale because he has been performing so well for Spurs? And any rejection of any such offer , if it existed , would be a business and football decision balancing keeping a player to help get promoted and paying £4m off one of the debts.Again , no bombshell.

And both the club and Bothroyd himself have denied that it happened as Carl`s (unnamed) source has claimed. I don`t know if Carl`s source is right and both the club and Bothroyd have lied.If Carl named his source and that source was willing to put in writing that claim then he would either have his a*se sued for libel or would prove that the club had lied and that would be more "explosive".But while such sources remain anonymous (possibly to hide any breaches of the Companies Act or employment contracts on their part) it is just one person`s word against the word of two other parties , so shouldn`t be taken as "fact"but unproven rumour and opinion at this stage.

And lots of people seem to have taken as "fact" an approach was made to Martin O`Neil to become manager , even though Carl himself makes clear in his post that he has no reason to believe it to be so and that it is just rumour.

Not having a go (or the famous "snipe") at Carl , just at posters who read things into the post which are simply not there.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:12 pm

thats why i think updates dont need days and days of hype/speculation just post the date and time of next update and then people wont jump to the wrong conclusions

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:17 pm

since62 just to say i liked your post..to me there was nothing explosive about a post that was mainly hearsay...myself i dont think any of it has much trueth :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:43 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:thats why i think updates dont need days and days of hype/speculation just post the date and time of next update and then people wont jump to the wrong conclusions

Actually it was not hyped and hyped by me this time, about 20 different posters hyped it them selves.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:50 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:since62 just to say i liked your post..to me there was nothing explosive about a post that was mainly hearsay...myself i dont think any of it has much trueth :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Possible return of Chopra when everyone believed he was definitely out for the season, about as big a story we can get after the loan window shut.

Chopra disciplined and rest of squad warned over future conduct, as a result of DJ's reading this forum and reporting back.

City missing out on £4million when we are riddled with debt.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:54 pm

may be my topic was worded wrong i never intended it to be aimed at any individuals there no need for any one to condone whats been posted every one has there own oppinion and i think enough has been said on this topic any admins about could may be pull this topic with my blessings

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:23 pm

i have always said i love and look forward to the updates i just dont like the way they are hyped up (explosive) for example was talked about for days before update came out i am not pointing the finger at anyone individualy but it lead to much speculation that was totally proved wrong

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:33 pm

hear hear but annis you were one off the people on here that did hype it up quiet a few times

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:35 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:hear hear but annis you were one off the people on here that did hype it up quiet a few times

I just said there was an interesting update, Which I believe there was :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
therealjimmyscoular wrote:hear hear but annis you were one off the people on here that did hype it up quiet a few times

I just said there was an interesting update, Which I believe there was :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thanks annis for the pm

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:54 pm

carlccfc wrote:
therealjimmyscoular wrote:since62 just to say i liked your post..to me there was nothing explosive about a post that was mainly hearsay...myself i dont think any of it has much trueth :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Possible return of Chopra when everyone believed he was definitely out for the season, about as big a story we can get after the loan window shut.

Chopra disciplined and rest of squad warned over future conduct, as a result of DJ's reading this forum and reporting back.

City missing out on £4million when we are riddled with debt.

4 million is a very small amount compaired to 90 million if we reach the promised land :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:55 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

thanks annis for the pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:04 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :old: :old: