Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

explosive OR damp squid

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:43 pm

firstly i look foreward to carls (and any others)updates but what i dont like is the hype that goes on for days before .Lets be honest we cant be sure that it is 100%true (thats not carls fault)a lot of posters were slagging jay off becouse they read into explosive headlines and wrongly thought bad of him ,if his crime was only trying to better his income and be nearer his familly and play in a higher league i can not blame him or slag him off. Carl inferred that only after reading on this message board about chopra and the hereford /party did DJ/CLUB do anything about it ,I find it hard to believe if carl new about this that no one at the club knew it. I hope updates continue but lets tone down the hype that goes on before ,it is not my intention to appear to be having a dig at anyone this is just my take on things as i see them Icertainly dont thick you could describe anything in this latest update as EXPLOSIVE what does anyone else think? :) :ayatollah: :P

Re: explosive OR damp squid

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:01 pm

I'd say the fact our star striker was on the verge of leaving in January and we're looking to bring in a new manager for next season as explosive!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 pm

no proof anywhere we are looking to get a new manager for next season .jones will not be sacked if/when we go up total hyped up romours

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:06 pm

i dont see jay being sold in january window as explosive if anyone was going it would have been him

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Zabier wrote:I'd say the fact our star striker was on the verge of leaving in January and we're looking to bring in a new manager for next season as explosive!

I would also say that it proves one thing the players read this forum :lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:17 pm

explain that please forever blue

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:31 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:explain that please forever blue

Within minutes of Carls update going out Jay wrote on his twitter about what Carl had said, I Believe Jay was worried incase Carl came out with the full story,but Carl is not like that, but I Believe others have since posted more. End off.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Within minutes of Carls update going out Jay wrote on his twitter about what Carl had said, I Believe Jay was worried incase Carl came out with the full story,but Carl is not like that, but I Believe others have since posted more. End off.

So are you saying that what Daya said is true?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:37 pm

TH63 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

All I am now willing to say is, Jay is Our player and while he is wearing our Colours We should back him 100% like any other player, I never Booed Naylor or any other City player and never intend to Boo Jay. Lets face it, Who would turn down a chance to play in the Premiership. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:37 pm

TH63 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

All I am now willing to say is, Jay is Our player and while he is wearing our Colours We should back him 100% like any other player, I never Booed Naylor or any other City player and never intend to Boo Jay. Lets face it, Who would turn down a chance to play in the Premiership. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:38 pm

thanks foreverblue i will take that as a telling off then shall i

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:41 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:thanks foreverblue i will take that as a telling off then shall i

?

That was My Answer.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Thanks for the honest answer Annis, and totally agree with your support for Jay.

Reading between the lines though is not good. Seems that Carl and Daya got their info from the same place then, but Carl is to be applauded for taking a responsible attitude to it.

That's not meant to be a slagging of Daya though, but at whoever their source is, as assuming Daya is right, that stuff should surely stay within the dressing room walls?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:24 pm

TH63 wrote:Thanks for the honest answer Annis, and totally agree with your support for Jay.

Reading between the lines though is not good. Seems that Carl and Daya got their info from the same place then, but Carl is to be applauded for taking a responsible attitude to it.

That's not meant to be a slagging of Daya though, but at whoever their source is, as assuming Daya is right, that stuff should surely stay within the dressing room walls?

:ayatollah:

The problem is not the people like Carl or Dayo putting the stories out as if 99% of City fans were given the same info, they would put it out them selves, Carl does try his best not to hurt Our club or Carls Beloved Jones :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TH63 wrote:Thanks for the honest answer Annis, and totally agree with your support for Jay.

The problem is not the people like Carl or Dayo putting the stories out as if 99% of City fans were given the same info, they would put it out them selves, Carl does try his best not to hurt Our club or Carls Beloved Jones :lol: :ayatollah:

That's what I meant sorry.
Much of what Carl tells us is pretty harmless, and fairly interesting stuff.
It's the stuff that should never leave the four walls of the changing room that bothers me, and like you say, it's not Carl, Daya or you, but whoever it is that is telling Carl in the first place that I have the issue with.

Trust me I've seen this all before, and nine times out of ten there is mischief at the heart of it with well meaning fans like Carl being used unfairly.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:55 pm

The CCFC forum twitter account posted it to jay first, then about 15mins later he tweeted about it, he probably only looked cause it was about him. He's also tweeted that "90% of the stuff on this forum is rubbish, and where do they get their info from" so yeah he reads it but going by what he says, only to see what rubbish this forum thinks is going on in the club.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:16 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:firstly i look foreward to carls (and any others)updates but what i dont like is the hype that goes on for days before .Lets be honest we cant be sure that it is 100%true (thats not carls fault)a lot of posters were slagging jay off becouse they read into explosive headlines and wrongly thought bad of him ,if his crime was only trying to better his income and be nearer his familly and play in a higher league i can not blame him or slag him off. Carl inferred that only after reading on this message board about chopra and the hereford /party did DJ/CLUB do anything about it ,I find it hard to believe if carl new about this that no one at the club knew it. I hope updates continue but lets tone down the hype that goes on before ,it is not my intention to appear to be having a dig at anyone this is just my take on things as i see them Icertainly dont thick you could describe anything in this latest update as EXPLOSIVE what does anyone else think? :) :ayatollah: :P

It's Squib and not squid, btw. ;)

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:firstly i look foreward to carls (and any others)updates but what i dont like is the hype that goes on for days before .Lets be honest we cant be sure that it is 100%true (thats not carls fault)a lot of posters were slagging jay off becouse they read into explosive headlines and wrongly thought bad of him ,if his crime was only trying to better his income and be nearer his familly and play in a higher league i can not blame him or slag him off. Carl inferred that only after reading on this message board about chopra and the hereford /party did DJ/CLUB do anything about it ,I find it hard to believe if carl new about this that no one at the club knew it. I hope updates continue but lets tone down the hype that goes on before ,it is not my intention to appear to be having a dig at anyone this is just my take on things as i see them Icertainly dont thick you could describe anything in this latest update as EXPLOSIVE what does anyone else think? :) :ayatollah: :P

Fester, don't get into the habit of correcting grammatical, spelling and punctuation mistakes because you'll get OCD from it within 3 days! :D

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:22 pm

if it wasn't hyped up as much i think people wouldn't be as bothered.
afterall, it's not the WWE, it doesn't need to be hyped up.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Zabier wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

Fester, don't get into the habit of correcting grammatical, spelling and punctuation mistakes because you'll get OCD from it within 3 days! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:46 pm

damp squid as annis would say that is my opinion

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:55 pm

well annis if it is not the full story what the f**k is then why write that you have something then you come up with a load off bollucks

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Zabier wrote:I'd say the fact our star striker was on the verge of leaving in January and we're looking to bring in a new manager for next season as explosive!

totally agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:18 pm

The Jay story could be viewed 'explosive' from several different angles, rather than his supposed reaction to being called back after travelling half way down the M4.

Firstly up is Fulham being willing to pay £4m for a player into the last 6 months of his contract and secondly Cardiff City (mainly Dave Jones it would seem) having the bottle to reject it even though Fulham had met the asking price agreed with Jay's agent.

There is also the fact the club insisted that 'no bids were received for Jay' during the January window. :roll:

For the record I can perfectly understand Jay's reaction when he was called back. We have to remember players have lives outside of football and as we all know a personal life can sometimes influence your professional life. In Jay's case he had given 2 and half season's good service and would have left the club £4m richer (or least owing £4m less ;) ) if had gone.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:38 pm

tbagain wrote:whats the difference between a squib and a squid (c)

the B and the D :D

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:46 pm

TBAGAIN im still hear

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:23 pm

That should be damp squib not squid. Thanks

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

To be fair Annis I think he only read it because about twenty people said read this update and posted a link within the space of 10 minutes. :lol: Not criticising the board as it is good in all fairness, and I do feel this update is being taken way out of proportion, dont think it will really effect anyone at the club, because although informative im sure they have been dealing with the 'Jay transfer to Fulham' since January.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:51 pm

my question has still not been answered why didnt carl give the full facts then like i said if your going to start something why not finish it then dont say we have something on certain players and it is going to be explosive then write a damp squid :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:06 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:my question has still not been answered why didnt carl give the full facts then like i said if your going to start something why not finish it then dont say we have something on certain players and it is going to be explosive then write a damp squid :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

squiB