Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Praise and Improvement

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:13 am

Like many I'm perhaps a little guilty of going over the top when the club isnt run as efficiently as it should be. However, when you consider how far we have come, in such a short space of time, the turn around is incredible. Whilst we usually focus on the negatives at our club sometimes its good to take stock and praise those initiatives that have been a success and make constructive suggestions for ideas that could take the club forward.

I for one would like to congratulate the club for winning the Football League Family Club of the Year. This is a tremendous achievement and 10 years ago would have seemed impossible. The initiative to attract families to the stadium, and turn around our image, has been a huge success and Im very proud of our new image.

However, i have to say that our club shop isnt the best and is pretty souless. I cant believe there isnt one mirror in the entire store for fans to be able to have a look when they try something on!!! The lay out is also pretty uninspiring and I believe the club need to really look at this over the summer if they are to maximise revenue from it next season, when I pray we will be in the Premier League.

So, what would you praise the club for, and what do you think could be done better next season? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Praise and Improvement

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:00 am

I think the club has done well in catering for the family section there is no arguing it's a hell of an achievement, ground breaking even.

On a personal level I'm very greatful for the move to CCS because without the easier access and seating arrangements I doubt I could have continued to attend games at Ninian Park.

However, families only make up around 25% of the match day crowd so I would like to see something done for the supporters who like a pre-match 'pint' something like a beer tent in the car park may be?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:20 am

maybe the club need to reward also the many fans who have stuck with them for many many years of season ticket renewals etc ? :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:22 am

Vintage 63 wrote:maybe the club need to reward also the many fans who have stuck with them for many many years of season ticket renewals etc ? :ayatollah:

From what I am reading somewhere else the club is moving on and wants rid of them.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:24 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:maybe the club need to reward also the many fans who have stuck with them for many many years of season ticket renewals etc ? :ayatollah:

From what I am reading somewhere else the club is moving on and wants rid of them.

Im sure that 10 , 12 and 15 years ago they were glad of our money ?? :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:29 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I think the club has done well in catering for the family section there is no arguing it's a hell of an achievement, ground breaking even.

On a personal level I'm very greatful for the move to CCS because without the easier access and seating arrangements I doubt I could have continued to attend games at Ninian Park.

However, families only make up around 25% of the match day crowd so I would like to see something done for the supporters who like a pre-match 'pint' something like a beer tent in the car park may be?

a beer tent could be a good idea!!! I definetely think that the club have been spot on with attracting families, now they need to make the same effort with loyal fans who help generate noise! Other clubs who have moved to new stadiums also initially had a problem with generating atmosphere but by and large they have improved. Over the summer there definetely needs to be constructive talk between fan groups and the club to come up with some initiatives!! Personally I always like a brass band belting out a few tunes at games to well known chants and perhaps using the big screen more with the words of the chants on there could be an idea.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:00 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

What are you talking about?

We've got 5 years of fixed priced season tickets. There aren't many teams or even businesses that provide that kind of offer to their customers especially when we are on the brink of getting the best quality football on the planet if we make the Prem.

What more would you like?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Looks like this Derby fan was more impressed with the CCS than their team ! :lol:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/d ... ryid=11999

Who can blame him as we stopped playing around 70th minute (Grrrrrr! :twisted: we should have pressed on as GD might be vital ) and have beaten them at home 4-1,6-1 and now 4-1 in past 3 seasons :D

"Can we play you every week?" comes to mind ! :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:17 pm

5 years of fixed prices is very good agreed ...... but anybody who took part last year became elidgable for that . What about those of us who renewed back in say 1999 for just 1 season , those that renew anyway regardless of the next 5 years ? Loyal supporters I do believed they are called :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Like many I'm perhaps a little guilty of going over the top when the club isnt run as efficiently as it should be. However, when you consider how far we have come, in such a short space of time, the turn around is incredible. Whilst we usually focus on the negatives at our club sometimes its good to take stock and praise those initiatives that have been a success and make constructive suggestions for ideas that could take the club forward.

I for one would like to congratulate the club for winning the Football League Family Club of the Year. This is a tremendous achievement and 10 years ago would have seemed impossible. The initiative to attract families to the stadium, and turn around our image, has been a huge success and Im very proud of our new image.

However, i have to say that our club shop isnt the best and is pretty souless. I cant believe there isnt one mirror in the entire store for fans to be able to have a look when they try something on!!! The lay out is also pretty uninspiring and I believe the club need to really look at this over the summer if they are to maximise revenue from it next season, when I pray we will be in the Premier League.

So, what would you praise the club for, and what do you think could be done better next season? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes a really good improvement and the club has come so far with regards to accomidating families, it would be good to see a few seats in the family stand section where the bar and food area's are, especially if you have a disability.

Also i not sure why the club has no cash machine, having to go to Costco or Asda's is a right nightmare when you have young children with you. A cashback option would be good at the club shop as well.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:14 pm

one thing i would also like to see, but appreciate it may not be up to the club, is an improvement of the food on offer inside the stadium. It's not the best and the rolls the burgers and hot dogs are in are usually stale. With McDonalds and KFC opening now then the catering definetely needs to improve!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:5 years of fixed prices is very good agreed ...... but anybody who took part last year became elidgable for that . What about those of us who renewed back in say 1999 for just 1 season , those that renew anyway regardless of the next 5 years ? Loyal supporters I do believed they are called :ayatollah:

Fair point but to have a scheme that benefits us (and I've been a season ticket holder for a long time) more than newer fans is both hard to administer and also probably illegal if you only start it last year.

I think the club have done a decent job given recent circumstances. I think we should be grateful that at least something is being given back because for a long time season holders were really taken for granted.

UP THE CITY!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: