Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why would the club

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:24 am

Turn down a 4million bid for a out of form player with a few months left on his contract :lol:

Re: Why would the club

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:18 am

Was it not Dave Jones who did not want to sell him. If that is so then ask him.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:21 am

if we had sold him then the fans would of been off, sellingone of our better players ,where is ambition of club,
hindsight is a wonderfull thing
i think a lot of fans have very short memories.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:28 am

langley wrote:if we had sold him then the fans would of been off, sellingone of our better players ,where is ambition of club,
hindsight is a wonderfull thing
i think a lot of fans have very short memories.

At the time a large munber of us, most likely most of us, would have accepted that. If I recall right but the figure of £2 million was being bounded about. So if he went for £4 million we would have all been delighted.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:40 am

Stewart wrote:Turn down a 4million bid for a out of form player with a few months left on his contract :lol:

Originally they Never, but DJ Persuaded them to, Where was DJ going to get a player of Jays ability at that stage of the season ?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:18 am

It's a double edged sword, let him go and we lose the player, keep him and we lose the players desire to stay at the club and it shows in Jays case with his drop in form...

If it is true and he was prevented from going, I would be doing everything now to show exactly what will be missed next season after he leaves, rather than sulking and going through the motions, it may even increase the potential to attract a better club ( no disrespect to Fulham) to want to sign Jay up.....next time.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:18 am

Stewart wrote:Turn down a 4million bid for a out of form player with a few months left on his contract :lol:

he's denied it all on Twitter :lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:43 am

i noticed something...that was when he started to get crap...obviously he wanted to go to fulham so boycotted his performances to force a move to fulham :shock:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:47 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

i noticed something...that was when he started to get crap...obviously he wanted to go to fulham so boycotted his performances to force a move to fulham :shock:

or another way of looking at it is jay wins an england cap and is on top of the world and in january nobody makes a serious bid for him.
how do you think that would affect his confidence

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:48 am

steve davies wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

or another way of looking at it is jay wins an england cap and is on top of the world and in january nobody makes a serious bid for him.
how do you think that would affect his confidence

touche :lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 am

You ask why didnt they sell him ? Well anyone who remebers the time we were going to the old first and Tosh will tell you that we missed out last time cos we sold our top striker, you want to see that come around again? better to chance the los of 4mil than the los of 90+ mil ,dont you think ?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:29 am

£4 million for £ 90 million ?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Originally they Never, but DJ Persuaded them to, Where was DJ going to get a player of Jays ability at that stage of the season ?

Um Cardiff Diving Club ?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:29 pm

So 3 weeks after he was apparently going to get the sack if we lost to leeds and we were on a abysmal run all month hes having the final say on jay