Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jones v Malaysians.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:37 am

Midfield general wrote:Whether you like Jones or not the fact of the matter is that if a owner of a business didn't like the way an employee was working then they would get rid. So why is it different at a football club..?

How many businesses have employees on rolling 800k contracts? Not many. Move him upstairs, engender a situation where he may well quit, saves paying him off.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:41 am

Maybe. Maybe not.

Continental managers are used to the setup, which is fairly common in Europe. As long as whoever a manager may be ( please Di Matteo ) has final say on transfers...

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:42 am

he's had 6 years in charge now and Im guessing that his goal for CCFC has always been promotion to the prem league OR has it been championship survival ? interesting to read in his book that when he took charge with Wolves he outlined a 3 year promotion plan to Moxey ! Malaysians MUST want promotion and must have seen last season as a failure maybe ?? :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:46 am

nerd wrote:Maybe. Maybe not.

Continental managers are used to the setup, which is fairly common in Europe. As long as whoever a manager may be ( please Di Matteo ) has final say on transfers...

yes another one wants di matteo in :D :ayatollah: lets get a campaign going :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:48 am

Midfield general wrote:But no in-coming manager would want him looking over his shoulder all the time.

Very true.

The situation of having a football director and a manager has its disadvantages and for some managers it is not appealing. I doubt very much some of the managers mentioned on here would like it.

If we go up I can see us keeping DJ. If we fail then quess what the biggest topic of conversation will be this summer. Will DJ still be here, will he not, if that manager comes in will he want DJ upstairs etc etc. Sounds like it could trun out to be a real windup summer. If we fail to go up I just hope DJ decides to walk out himself, do a Gordon Strachan and rip his contract up.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:15 am

Surely at some point the club has to bite the bullet on this rolling contract?

If we keeping saying he is too expesive to get rid of I can imagine Jones in 10 years time either working as a steward or doing Ali's job just because 'we can't afford to get rid of him' :lol: