Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Whats your reason why you are in tonight LNC..?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Midfield general wrote:Work, work, work its all I bloody do these days :x

UMM im embarased to say but im watching wrestlemania :oops: :lol:

havnt watched WWE for about 8 years, but thought id have a look :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:34 am

Middle of the day over here and on my lunch break!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:43 am

Midfield general wrote:
Bondi Bluebird wrote:

Middle of the day over here and on my lunch break!

Where in Bondi do you live mate..? I used to live in Hall St before I then moved to Potts Point and Darlinghurst during my time over there.

Wellington Street next to Bondi Public School. Wellington Street is just off Bondi Road just after Kemeneys bottle shop.

Hall Street is a great location. How long ago were you there?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:56 am

)
Midfield general wrote:I know where you are.

Those were the days, I was in Sydney from 1999 to 2001 on a years working visa and I was sponsored for a further year by Westpac who I worked for in their branch in Kings Cross.

I imagine you saw a few sights working in The Cross during those times! I doubt it made it to the UK but you might want to try and download this series. It's pretty good actually (by Aussie TV standards :lol:) and was based around the Kings Cross nightclub scene.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underbelly ... olden_Mile

You must have been in Bondi for the Olympics and can probably remember the Beach Volley Ball stadium etc? Was a pretty good time from memory. Still a great place to live but has changed quite a bit. Has become super trendy, sort of an Australian 'Shoreditch by the sea'!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:36 am

Midfield general wrote:Kings Cross was a fantastic place to work. One day I went to the cash machine before work and as I was inputting my code a prostitute grabbed hold of my arse and asked if I wanted a quickie before work!!! On a normal day I would have said yes but on this occasion I was late already :lol:

Yeah I remember the Olympics and the volloyball in Bondi and one of my first jobs out there was labouring at the stadium site.

I wanna show my wife the place but she thinks Im like Albert in only fools and horse. Where he says 'during the war', I always say 'when I was in Aus'.

Is the Bondi Hotel still there..? That was a regular on a sunday for me. Also 'Billy the Pigs' in Bondi Junction but Im told thats has gone now.

I used to follow Sydney Olympic too and watched them a few times but now the football has all changed since those days too.

The Bondi Hotel is still there but has changed a bit because some new flats and shops have been built as part of the complex. The Beach Road Hotel (you might remember it as The Regis) is still pretty much the same and has a good Sunday Session though. I remember around 1999 - 2000 Wednesday nights were always a bit night there. Probably still is but I don't go on the p1ss too much on a Wednesday any more!

Billy The Pigs is now 'The Eastern' http://www.theeastern.com.au/ and has changed quite a bit although the facade is still the same as it is a heritage (listed) builidng! Bondi Junction is very different as it is now basically a huge Westfield Shopping Mall.

The football has changed out here too. They got rid of the old NSL of which Sydney Olympic were part and replaced it with the A-League. I think they thought the NSL was too ethnically based and used to cause too many problems, especially in Melbourne when Croatian and Serbian fans clashed. The A-League was a pretty good standard this year although it still struggles with crowds in comparison with AFL and NRL.

If you do make it out here again then give us a shout as there are quite a few City fans out here. I know of a few in Bondi and plenty more elsewhere. The BDU has been a bit quiet lately but we have had some pretty big numbers in the past and brought 50 back for the cup final.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/grou ... 5229478229

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:56 am

Midfield general wrote:Yeah the A-League Cup final was on over here and it was a great game. I know it hads it problems but the old system had that unique atmosphere because of its ethnic issues. When I was watching them Blackburns Brett Emerton was there althrough I did also watch Northern Spirit a few times because North Sydney was easier to get too.

The Regis, yes I remember that place and I was only talking about the Bondi to Cogee walk around the coastline just earlier on to my mum who paid me a visit me over there.

So what do you do for a living..?

Yeah, The Northern Spirit was a good laugh. Was a fun place to watch football at North Sydney Oval. I actually remember Ian Rush playing a few games for them at the end of his career. I saw him out on the p1ss in Sydney once and he had thrown up all over himself!

I work as an Account Manager for a company that does travel and logistics for the entertaimment industry. We actually look after all of the travel for The A-League and also a couple of the TV networks and do loads of stuff for music festivals and concerts. I'm actually sitting in my office at the moment which is underneath one of the grandstands of the SCG in Moore Park.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:06 am

Midfield general wrote:Well I better do some work myself. Speak soon mate

Ha ha, yep same here back to it...