Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What I dont understand about the Jay issue is....

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:04 am

When Jones stopped him signing for Fulham, his words were " I fcuking hate Cardiff"
He was worth a lot of wages in January and being an english player.
He hasnt scored in open play for over 10 games now and didnt feature in the last England B side friendly.
If we would have sold him for £4 million, that money may not have been received by the club, he may have been one of our many players already mortgaged off which meant the club would not have received a bean. Blame Ridsdale for that. :twisted: :twisted:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:13 am

MalagaCF wrote:When Jones stopped him signing for Fulham, his words were " I fcuking hate Cardiff"

Were you in the car with him?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:16 am

Bigbluebird wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:When Jones stopped him signing for Fulham, his words were " I fcuking hate Cardiff"

:lol:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:25 am

He hasnt scored in open play for over 10 games now and didnt feature in the last England B side friendly.
If we would have sold him for £4 million, that money may not have been received by the club, he may have been one of our many players already mortgaged off which meant the club would not have received a bean. Blame Ridsdale for that. :twisted: :twisted:

whether or not Jay said that I dont know but if he did then i can guarantee that he certainly would not have meant it! Jay has been very happy here and has repeatedly said in the press that he feels like a Cardiff boy. He has really settled in the area but has to treck to London a lot to visit his son! Jay is very fond of Cardiff and has been a vital part of our success since he has been here. This has been the first blip he has had since he arrived but on Saturday he really worked hard and showed signs that he was coming back into form. If Jay can hit the heights again then i really think we can go up automatically, if he doenst then its play offs but whatever happens, this has been Jays most productive season since he has been here!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:51 am

Bigbluebird wrote:

No, was you?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:55 am

Jimbo27 wrote:

whether or not Jay said that I dont know but if he did then i can guarantee that he certainly would not have meant it! Jay has been very happy here and has repeatedly said in the press that he feels like a Cardiff boy. He has really settled in the area but has to treck to London a lot to visit his son! Jay is very fond of Cardiff and has been a vital part of our success since he has been here. This has been the first blip he has had since he arrived but on Saturday he really worked hard and showed signs that he was coming back into form. If Jay can hit the heights again then i really think we can go up automatically, if he doenst then its play offs but whatever happens, this has been Jays most productive season since he has been here!

Every player has a blip sometime in the season, hopefully his has gone. Time for him to realise that its not all about him but all about the rest of the team. He is a great striker if he stops falling down all the time. Glad we still have him for the final run in of the season and Parkin is a great back-up which needs to be used a bit more.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:04 am

Midfield general wrote:Why would he not want to run his contract down as he would then have far more avenues to explore and more money in the bank if he's a free agent in the summer.

Strange really. :roll:

He has a girlfriend who lives in London, so a move to Fulham would make perfect sense

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:18 am

What worries me about this story is that some of our fans will hold it against Jay and that IMO would be so wrong. If he was in a car on the way to talk with Fulham it would have been after the club had agreed a price to sell him, lets face it he has had a career best season with our club this season and if he went the club would have made over £3m profit on him.

I would think if this move was real and had gone through we should ALL be thanking Jay for his efforts during his time at the club, IMO he has been great and given the ovation he had when subbed on Saturday the vast majority of Bluebird fans think the same.

What I don't understand is who agreed the price with Fulham Gethin Jenkins? that appeared to be the inference in Carls update but that flies in the face of DJ being the most powerful man at the club. Surely if DJ has all this power no deal would have been agreed without he knowledge, Carl promised an explosive update and I think maybe he has toned things down a little to leave us to read between the lines.

Having said that I still have all the time in the world for Jay and whatever the outcome of his contract saga I wish him all the best for the future. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 am

Midfield general wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Why would he not want to run his contract down as he would then have far more avenues to explore and more money in the bank if he's a free agent in the summer.

Strange really. :roll:

He has a girlfriend who lives in London, so a move to Fulham would make perfect sense

But even Fulham would prefer a move for him in the summer when he wont cost them a transfer fee

And then there will be more teams in for him, hence if true, makes sense to pay the money now to secure a player IF he was wanted.