Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Confidence in Heaton

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:13 pm

I know we played against a team struggling in the league but did anyone see how confident the back four played yesterday with Heaton back between the posts, no offence to Bywater but Heaton seems to marshal the defence and read the play a lot better I know a lot of the boys around me were happy to see him back i wasn't as nervous as i have been when Heaton was missing lets hope we stay injury free for the rest of the season if we do i honestly think we'll be going up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Confidence in Heaton

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Heaton is quality, i was chuffed when he turned united down for us :ayatollah: fergie wasnt happy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:05 pm

hes a class act, only huds and super kev have performed better this season,i no longer have that feeling of dread when the opposition get a corner or dangerous free kick
always acknowledges the fans home and away aswell :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:10 pm

ccfcninian wrote:I know we played against a team struggling in the league but did anyone see how confident the back four played yesterday with Heaton back between the posts, no offence to Bywater but Heaton seems to marshal the defence and read the play a lot better I know a lot of the boys around me were happy to see him back i wasn't as nervous as i have been when Heaton was missing lets hope we stay injury free for the rest of the season if we do i honestly think we'll be going up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I thought it was the opposite, I thought in the first half and patched in the 2nd they looked at sixes and sevenses. don't know why though, don't hnk its anythign to do with heaton

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:13 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:I know we played against a team struggling in the league but did anyone see how confident the back four played yesterday with Heaton back between the posts, no offence to Bywater but Heaton seems to marshal the defence and read the play a lot better I know a lot of the boys around me were happy to see him back i wasn't as nervous as i have been when Heaton was missing lets hope we stay injury free for the rest of the season if we do i honestly think we'll be going up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I thought it was the opposite, I thought in the first half and patched in the 2nd they looked at sixes and sevenses. don't know why though, don't hnk its anythign to do with heaton

You mean we looked awkward with our best full back in the center replacing the injured Hudson, who has been solid, and a left back making his first appearance this entire season?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:39 pm

nerd wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

You mean we looked awkward with our best full back in the center replacing the injured Hudson, who has been solid, and a left back making his first appearance this entire season?

Wasn't a dig. I've seen us play more confidently a the back with McNaughton in there than we did yesterday. More of an observation than a criticism. Quinn looked a little shakey in particular and I think he's been outstanding since he's been back in the team, thoroughly deserved his goal yesterday. It just seemed they had the jitters.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Considering it was Heaton's first game back with a new centre back partnership and a new left back I thought the defensive unit did bloody well. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:57 pm

So glad to have him back, cant wait for Hudson to get back as well (who'd have thought we'd be saying that this time last year!) I've remained positive we can get 2nd place, hopefully this is the start of some form that can carry us into automatic :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:19 pm

griffy wrote:So glad to have him back, cant wait for Hudson to get back as well (who'd have thought we'd be saying that this time last year!) I've remained positive we can get 2nd place, hopefully this is the start of some form that can carry us into automatic :ayatollah:

I have gained so much respect for Hudson this season. If other players reacted in a similar way after last season's playoff final then we'd be Premiership bound by now!

He was abused and slated yet put his head down and set to prove us wrong. He deserves all the praise he gets this season not only for his performances but for the mental tenacity he showed to change his game around.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Zabier wrote:
griffy wrote:So glad to have him back, cant wait for Hudson to get back as well (who'd have thought we'd be saying that this time last year!) I've remained positive we can get 2nd place, hopefully this is the start of some form that can carry us into automatic :ayatollah:

I have gained so much respect for Hudson this season. If other players reacted in a similar way after last season's playoff final then we'd be Premiership bound by now!

He was abused and slated yet put his head down and set to prove us wrong. He deserves all the praise he gets this season not only for his performances but for the mental tenacity he showed to change his game around.

For sure, the guy's a rock. Fair play to dave jones for sticking with him and seeing the potential in him to become a main player in our first team. He really has put his body on the line in a lot of games this season for the club :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:21 pm

He was abused and slated yet put his head down and set to prove us wrong. He deserves all the praise he gets this season not only for his performances but for the mental tenacity he showed to change his game around.[/quote]

For sure, the guy's a rock. Fair play to dave jones for sticking with him and seeing the potential in him to become a main player in our first team. He really has put his body on the line in a lot of games this season for the club :ayatollah:[/quote]

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:11 pm

I've been one of Heaton's biggest knockers on here this season, but I was so glad to see him in goal on Saturday !

I thought he did very well, came for some good crosses and would be fuming with McPhail for giving away a late penalty and thus denying him a well deserved clean sheet !

Well come back Tom !

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:30 pm

I've always rated Heaton and he has improved a great deal in his second spell with us. Even in his first spell with us, he made some outstanding saves, I remember Arsenal away when it could have been a cricket score. It's shocked me how I hear some fans say the difference between us and QPR is a quality keeper, hopefully everyone now realises how good Heaton is now he's had a spell out of the team and been sorely missed. He is just going to get better and better the more he plays, I can see him being our keeper for the next 10 years and the best of him is yet to come.