Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MALAYSIANS AND ONEIL

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Martin Oneil was said to be in Malaysia recently? Isnt it a coincidence that the malaysians held a meeting out there with Gethin Jenkins to plan next season if we dont go up??

I smell a big big move for Cardiff City in the summer!! Premiership or no premiership i think DJ's days are numbered as manager...Oneil would be fantastic for this club.sounds too good to be true but the malaysians are smart men and if this club is to be big and move forward this would be a fantastic move

Re: MALAYSIANS AND ONEIL

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:49 pm

I would love to see Martin O'Neil at the CCS BUT...

...don't you think it would be extremely harsh on DJ if we got rid of his if he took us up?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:52 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:I would love to see Martin O'Neil at the CCS BUT...

...don't you think it would be extremely harsh on DJ if we got rid of his if he took us up?

No not really indeed if I was VT I would tell him his expectations about staying on at a massive club like Cardiff City were far too high ;)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:54 pm

nope..the malaysians are smart and would want to sustain premier league football..to do that they would need a proven premiership manager..DJS not...DJ just about scrapes through championship football never mind premierleague...VERY SMART MOVE IN MY OPINION

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:57 pm

I imagine DJ would have an auto-renew on his contract if promoted, that'd cost the Malaysians £800,000 to break.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:00 pm

RFMH wrote:I imagine DJ would have an auto-renew on his contract if promoted, that'd cost the Malaysians £800,000 to break.

With the money we'd get from promotion to the Premiership it would be well worth £800,000 to get rid of the grumpy scouse excuse machine.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:21 pm

Look what Newcastle did with Chris Hughton, i think the same will happen with Dave Jones.
:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:33 pm

I think to be fair to dave jones, if were promoted he deserves to be paid a nice bonus and given thanks from everyone involved at cardiff city,

a manager like martin o'neil can bring fantastic players to the club, one thing with managers they always have their star men who will be willing to come on board

o'neil will bring a buzz also he'l have more passion than an english manager at this club. welsh, irish, scottish have always given us 100%

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:50 pm

RFMH wrote:I imagine DJ would have an auto-renew on his contract if promoted, that'd cost the Malaysians £800,000 to break.

DJ has a rolling contract so whatever his wage be it 500k or 800k they either have to give him 12 months notice (will never happen) or sack him and pay him 12 months wage.

ONeil is a good manager but if you dont like Jones because he is stubborn, no plan B and dont like youth then I dont see why the same people would want ONeil.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Like I said he ignores youth like Jones (just look at the number of youth come through since he left).
He is prob the most stubborn manager about and sticks to one formation.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:05 am

I like Jones so wouldnt ind OneIl lol

But I do like Poyet, done well at Brighton and was always the brains behind wises stupid head

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 am

YEP, I WOULD....

Our fickle fans forget too easily what DJ has achieved at Cardiff City Football Club....

Some (sorry Annis, but that includes you on THIS point) take a certain pleasure in pointing out DJ's short-comings but are not so quick to acknowledge his strengths....

I think even Dave accepts he is on a sticky wicket IF we don't go up (and woe betide should the Jacks fluke it and we don't :roll: ) but if we do go up then he RIGHTLY deserves the chance to show what he can do on the big stage....

PERSONALLY, I'd keep him regardless

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:49 am

i heard poyet on the radio the other day (think it was talkshite) he was saying how far the club (brighton) have come, and with a new stadium and promotion nearly guaranteed, do you think he would leave that to come here - if we are still in the championship of course..... :shock:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:53 am

Sven Ghali wrote:

YEP, I WOULD....

Our fickle fans forget too easily what DJ has achieved at Cardiff City Football Club....

Some (sorry Annis, but that includes you on THIS point) take a certain pleasure in pointing out DJ's short-comings but are not so quick to acknowledge his strengths....

I think even Dave accepts he is on a sticky wicket IF we don't go up (and woe betide should the Jacks fluke it and we don't :roll: ) but if we do go up then he RIGHTLY deserves the chance to show what he can do on the big stage....

PERSONALLY, I'd keep him regardless

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

if the Jacks do fluke it then its on the back of assembling a squad who play as a team , who are NOT on massive inflated wages and who havnt broken the bank in transfer fees ! Personally I have seen them get promoted to the top flight 30 years ago and do not want to witness that again !