Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay Bothroyd-loyal to Cardiff City

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Will everyone give him a break now? The guy could have left, or insisted on a move but instead has stayed and wants us to get promoted. So will everyone now get behind him????

Thank you Jay, I hope you score the goals to take us up. You can still end up a CCFC legend-and stick 2 fingers up at the boo boys at the same time!!

JAAAAAAAAAY BOTHROYD!!!!!!!!!!!!! JAY BOTHROYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Jay Bothroyd-loyal to Cardiff City

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Will everyone give him a break now? The guy could have left, or insisted on a move but instead has stayed and wants us to get promoted. So will everyone now get behind him????

Thank you Jay, I hope you score the goals to take us up. You can still end up a CCFC legend-and stick 2 fingers up at the boo boys at the same time!!

JAAAAAAAAAY BOTHROYD!!!!!!!!!!!!! JAY BOTHROYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Is he loyal??

He was told to come back and empty his car! He WANTED to go, and fucked off up the M4 to be closer to his bird and family, then when the deal falls through, he says no offers have come in, the declares his undying love for the fans and that Cardiff was his home! Don't get me wrong - I want him to stay and do well - but don't take us for f*cking mugs!

Now prove to us you're a city player, and get us promoted!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Merlin wrote:
i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Will everyone give him a break now? The guy could have left, or insisted on a move but instead has stayed and wants us to get promoted. So will everyone now get behind him????

Is he loyal??

He was told to come back and empty his car! He WANTED to go, and fucked off up the M4 to be closer to his bird and family, then when the deal falls through, he says no offers have come in, the declares his undying love for the fans and that Cardiff was his home! Don't get me wrong - I want him to stay and do well - but don't take us for f*cking mugs!

He was offered a promotion in work, travelled to see his new employers, was told by his current employer that he was wanted and needed by them and then has stayed with his current employer, endeavouring to do as much as possible to help achieve their goals. Would you do that????? I wouldn't!!!!!

THANK YOU JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:49 pm

He wanted to go!

Why do you think he had a drop in form? And doesn't really speak as much to DJ anymore?

Like I said though, when he applies himself he's a top player, and I hope he gets his act together, cos he'll go for free now if we dont go up.... And if that's the case it won't harm his chances of putting himself in the shop window...

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:51 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
He was offered a promotion in work, which he rejected due to feeling he was worth more. He then travelled to see potential new employers, was told by his current employer that he was wanted and needed by them and wasn't going to be allowed to join the new employers until summer.

Fixed your post.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:53 pm

As far as I'm concerned he's a Cardiff City player and anyone who puts on the blue shirt of Cardiff will get my full support always they need our support from now till the end of the season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:53 pm

And also Daya's post is quite accurate! ;)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Merlin wrote:And also Daya's post is quite accurate! ;)

Which one? The one where he used homophobic terminology to describe Bothroyd?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:59 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Merlin wrote:And also Daya's post is quite accurate! ;)

Which one? The one where he used homophobic terminology to describe Bothroyd?

Nope!
The non watered down version! :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:07 pm

At last we seem to have a real explanation for Jay's dip in form since January.

Whilst not wishing to take sides I can see why he maybe a little disappointed but as it didn't happen the mature reaction would have been to get his head down and work as hard as he could for the team.

I don't think he's done that to be honest.

Look at Charlie Adam at Blackpool. On deadline day he was on his way to Liverpool or Spurs. Didn't happen but he's still doing his very best for his team, not sulking and feeling sorry for himself.

Jay needs to get his mind on the present. He can still play a vital role this season.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:12 pm

I personally couldn't care less whether he wanted to go or not, was told he can't go and had a sulk or had a row with Jones. I don't care what the truth is. No player is bigger than the club and if he wants to go then good luck to him. But the fact of the matter is he is still with us until the end of the season and therefore I expect him to give 100% every game. Unfortunately in my opinion he is not giving us 100% anymore and that is unforgivable. We City fans have always loved those who give 100% every game even if some of those players have not been very good.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:13 pm

To be fair,most od the fans have always been behined him. The guy knows he is loved at Cardiff, But we the fans also have to be fair and if he do go (which I think he will at the end of this season) thank him for what he has done for us, and wish him all the best. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: No player is bigger than the Club !

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Firstly, let me just say that I would love it if Jay signed a new contract with us as he's the most complete striker I've ever seen at the club.

My view on all this is that Jay has done nothing wrong, he owes us nothing.

He joined us three seasons ago and we've got three very good seasons of football out of Jay. He's into the last year of his contract and he's entitled to look elsewhere if he wants to. I hold the same opinion on Burke and Ledley last season. They played/playing out their contracts, they owe us nothing and we owe them nothing. Their performances on the pitch over the course of their time here has been the return on the faith shown in them by the football club the wages they've been paid. They have all contributed to the Football club.

The reverse of this situation is likely to happen with Gavin Rae. His contract is up this summer, should the club be obliged to offer him a new contract out of sheer loyalty? Of course not! Should the club have not brought in any more midfielders this year because we have Gavin Rae? Of course not! Both parties have fulfilled their side of the contracts and one of the parties (the club in this instance) will probably decide to not renew the contract or for the time being at least, weigh up their options, as is their right.

Contracts end in all businesses, all the time, the previous examples from our Football Club (apart from the Jimmy Floyd saga) have probably ended far more profesionally than contracts I see outside of football on a regular basis. e.g. an employee with a new job to go to just going through the motions in their notice period or a company chucking someone on gardening leave just to hurt their competitors.

The bottom line is, no one has done anything wrong. We don't owe the players loyalty and the players don't owe us loyalty. I'd love Burke and Jay to stay but if they choose not to then I wish them both the best of luck in the future and thank them for their efforts over the last few seasons.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:24 pm

He couldnt have left at all unless the Club agreed to sell him. His current contract does not have a 4 million get out clause in it.

He wanted to leave but the Club had a change of heart and decided not to sell him.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Merlin wrote:

Is he loyal??

Well said Merlin

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:41 pm

The negativity on this bored is so depressing, never a positive take on anything, lots on here claiming to know the truth when they know nothing(or next to nothing)

FFS even when the oracle Carl gives a more optimistic update than we thought, many pick out(or make up) negative bits!

God help us if we were struggling against relegation.

Can't see me bothering on here for a while if this carries on. Maybe I'll come back in the summer if we don't go up. At least then there would be many of you happy at our failure! :evil: