Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STICKY : " SUNDAY 03rd APRIL 2011 UPDATE "

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:21 pm

This could possibly be one of the most eagerly anticipated update to date. Firstly now I have everyone's attention I would never set out to harm our club nor do I have an agenda that would not want our team, our manager and most importantly our club to succeed.

When I said there would be an explosive update and it would feature Jay Bothroyd, there were many posters who thought the update would be an attack or character assassination of Jay. As far as I was concerned I said the update would be explosive but I did not say that the stuff about Jay would be :D

Stick together and support the boys through to the end of the season, we are the club as much as the players and staff are :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

In a recent update I said that Michael Chopra had been out in Hereford on the night before the Barnsley game, I was told this week that Dave Jones' P.A. Tracy reads the message board on behalf of Dave and reports back to him what she thinks is relevant and she obviously believed that the Chopra story was not just a messageboard rumour/crap and reported it back to her boss.

As a result Michael Chopra was called in for a disciplinary meeting with Dave Jones and Gethin Jenkins, Chopra was warned of his future conduct and reminded of his professionalism, responsibilities and duties being a Cardiff City player, this incident took place just days after Dave Jones had said that the squad would eat, sleep and breathe football.

The whole squad was called together for a meeting too again with Dave Jones and Gethin Jenkins and they were all told in no uncertain terms that this kind of behaviour would not be tolerated and anyone found doing so would be disciplined accordingly. I am told Dave Jones was furious over the incident as it clearly showed a lack of respect by one his players to him and also to the rest of the squad.

I don't think that you will hear any more stories, not this season anyway, of a Cardiff City player being in this situation again. This I feel can only be good for the club and our chances, I believe that I did the right thing in putting in an update and would not hesitate in doing so again, as this as been dealt with the right way by the club.

We all knew that there were many suitors looking at Jay Bothroyd in the recent transfer window and I am told from a reliable source that Gethin Jenkins met with Jay Bothroyd's agent Sky Andrew in London during the transfer window and agreed that if an offer of £4million pounds came in for Jay then that would be the figure that the club would accept to allow Jay to leave.

I am reliably informed that we did in fact receive an offer of £4million not from one but from two clubs during the transfer window. One of those clubs were Fulham and the other is still unknown to me. Because the offer was the agreed price I am told that Jay was on his way to London to talk with Fulham over a potential move but during the journey and somewhere along the M4, Jay received a phone call from Dave Jones who told Jay that we are not selling you and turn the car around and come back to Cardiff.

Firstly, I do not blame Jay Bothroyd one bit in making his way to London to speak to a Premier League club, who can forget about the contract that we are told the club offered Jay back towards the end of 2010, it was a £1000 per week rise on his current salary which would take him to £9k per week, don't get me wrong it is a wonderful wage if you can get it but I believe that many of us would have thought he is worth more than that when you take in the amount of wages that other players are o at Cardiff and elsewhere.

Jay was exercising his right, just like young Adam Matthews did ( who incidentally did not want to leave Cardiff City but had too as there was no contract on offer to him and he obviously felt unwanted ) and Adam ended up talking to Celtic like I told you weeks before he actually signed a pre contract with them. Adam believed that he was going in January to Glasgow but there were issues that could not get sorted between Celtic and Cardiff so Celtic hang on and had him sign a pre contract days after the transfer window closed.

So with regards to Jay I do not blame him and neither do I believe any City fan should as he is performed brilliantly for us and will go down in history as the first and currently only ever current Cardiff City player to achieve a full cap for England. Jay could have insisted that he be allowed to go to Fulham and he didn't, he wants to play his part in gaining promotion.

I also salute Dave Jones in this situation for keeping the squad together during a season where we have serious aspirations of making it to the Premiership and at the end of the transfer window and not accept £4million for a player who will probably leave at the end of the season for nothing was a brave move but in my opinion the right move.

What was Dave Jones' reason for telling Jay to turn around, was it that he felt he could not get a replacement? Was it that our players are mortgaged and the money would go to Ray Ranson? Was it that the Malaysians told Dave Jones that we do not want to sell Jay Bothroyd ? I remember telling people that Sam Hammam told the Malaysians that we had to keep Jay for our best possible chance, was this reason ?

Whatever the reason, the fact is DJ wanted to keep hold of Jay and Jay also decided to stay and we were all happy at the final hours of the transfer window when Jay was still here.

Michael Chopra tweeted after the Barnsley the game and his subsequent injury that his season was over, I have remained sceptical over this as I have not read anywhere that our club have confirmed nor in the interest of balance I must say denied it either, maybe I have missed it and if so someone can correct me. Because of my suspicion that his injury is not season ending I got to work on some digging last week, I spoke with members of the club but they would confirm or deny if his injury is not as bad as many believe, I managed to get information from members of the medical team and they were more honest with me regarding Chopra.

Michael is going for a scan this week and that will tell them more about his injury and how much longer he will be out for but they said the signs are good and he is progressing well and they are very hopeful that the scan results are good and there could be some very good news next week regarding Chopra playing a part before the end of the season.

Tom Heaton came through yesterdays game with little affect bar feeling a little stiffness but that was to be expected.

Mark Hudson is still aiming for the end of April before he can make a return to the first team.

Aaron Ramsey, I forgot to put in the last update, was and still is the highest ever paid 17 year old at Cardiff City where he got £800 per week for his talent, many may scoff at the figure but in comparison to other 17 year old we have had at the club the most they have been on is £300 per week.

When Cardiff City Stadium opened the club was given a certain time frame by the council where the club would not have to pay council tax and business rates, I am aware this is now angering the retail operators across the road and I am told that many of the stores are now refusing to pay their rates and council tax until they are told and shown that Cardiff City Football Club are paying theirs. This means tens of thousands to the club each season and has been a welcome boost and the council have certainly backed the club.

Yesterday the club officials had many visitors from Malaysia and many will have already read that a Prince from one of the Malaysian Royal Family's was in attendance, I had a brief chat after the game with Gethin Jenkins who was entertaining and looking after the Malaysian high commissioner, also in attendance was TG. Gethin looked extremely anxious and wanted to make sure that the party was looked after and enjoyed their day. The club are hopeful that there will be further investment coming as part of these visits and the hope is to build Cardiff City as the number one British team throughout Malaysia.

For those who sit in the Family stand will have noticed the new "I'll Be There" banners that have been put up around the concourse and the walls have been painted to make the place look brighter and much more colourful and welcoming, speaking with the commercial department I am told that Sony have been brilliant with the club and paid for and supplied the new banners, Mike Young was also recognised for his efforts during the conversation and I know that Mike was in the directors box yesterday.

Former City player Stuart Fleetwood is on the move at the end of the season and I hear that he will be back in the Championship and this time it will be with Ipswich Town.

I spoke with Jamie De Cruz from our media department yesterday and he told me that the motivational video that was put on the big screen yesterday only featured Craig Bellamy as the editor who done the piece has been very busy, I would like to know what he has been doing all this time though as the video was shot on Thursday 03rd March, but Jamie did tell me that the video will be longer for the next home game as for the three remaining home games they are adding the fans parts so it would not become boring. I am not holding my breathe to be honest but we will see.

I read today that Dave Jones has said that the wage bill is the same as last year, also Gethin Jenkins made the same comment recently in an interview with the Echo, I am told that there is a play on words in force here and in theory both men are correct as the wage bill is paid at the end of each month and that is the same as last season but what is not being said is that the club are invoiced in the middle of each month for the loan players and this amount is not factored into the wage budget. I bring this up as again this week I have been reminded that Vincent Tan is paying more than £1million out each month from his own pocket to run the club and pay off the debts that have accrued over time.

Cardiff City now have two youngsters over from Malaysia and they are in now in our youth team after Scott Young and Neil Ardley watched them. On Thursday Scott Young travels back to Malaysia to see another lot of Malaysian youngsters, the dream is that a Malaysian eventually makes into the Cardiff City first team.

This seasons Player of the Year will take place on April 23rd after the QPR game, a decision has been made that no trophy will be able to be presented from either of the messageboards and that all players and management will be out of the event by 1opm and no later.

I had a phone call on Friday from a good source to ask if I have also heard anything about an approach being made by the club for Martin O'Neill, I said that I have heard his name being banded about and nothing more. Yesterday throughout the day I had more and more texts and phone calls from different people asking me if what they were hearing is true. I will say what I have heard but I am not saying it as fact only that I have heard it, I am told that apparently Martin O'Neill was in Malaysia last week and an approach was made by the club for his services next season. Personally I was not going to put this out as I believe it only to be a rumour and nothing more, I have not been told by anyone from within the club about it but only external sources. As I have said before do not shoot the messenger as I am only repeating what I am being told, truthfully I do not know if there is any truth in it and it is obvious by the amount of messages I have received that many others have heard the same rumour.

Re: STICKY : " SUNDAY 03rd APRIL 2011 UPDATE "

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:22 pm

Cheers carl! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:23 pm

Merlin wrote:Cheers carl! :ayatollah:

No worries, Right I am taking Alison out for a Mother's day drink, she deserves it :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks for the update Carl - I hope we can see Chops again this season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:26 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Thanks for the update Carl - I hope we can see Chops again this season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

hopefully Tony :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Really good update Carl :ayatollah:

So has Jay signed a pre-contract agreement with Fulham?? :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Cheers Carl Good update as usual thankyou :ayatollah:

Cheers Carl good read! :ayatollah:

cheers good read as always keep it up

Great update.

Certainly explosive!!!!!!!!!!

not as herrendous as people thought...LOL

Suprised about O`Neill but very interesting. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Great Update Carl.

Not Damaging at All, Just the Truth and The Fans Deserve to know :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:31 pm

OK cant blame Jay - well done JONES for keeping him.

ONeis is interesting one - If Jones gets us into PREM then he deserves chance to keep us there , maybe Martin is in case we dont go up - the unthinkable

Well done Carl , lets get behind Jay now - let s hope he is hitting form and will take us to the promised land :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:32 pm

Thanks for the update Carl.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:33 pm

Glad to see Chopra get disciplined by the club at last !

I asked the club to discipline him after the disabled parking story broke but it fell on death ears !

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:34 pm

great update carl. can't wait to see the video :D wonder what everyones thoughts are about martin o'neil

"What was Dave Jones' reason for telling Jay to turn around?"

Erm, possibly because he's aware of how important Jay is to the team and how talented he is, that we have no need to let him go and that doing so would be detrimental to the team.

As for claiming Hammam might have something to do with it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Otherwise, an interesting read and a good summary of recent events at the club :ayatollah:

great update carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: better than i thought ;)

Cheers carl :ayatollah:

looks like ill have to change my signature to "martin o'neills barmy army" :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:35 pm

cheer's fella :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 pm

jbirdrules wrote:Really good update Carl :ayatollah:

Where does anyone ever suggest or say anything of the sort?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
jbirdrules wrote:Really good update Carl :ayatollah:

Where does anyone ever suggest or say anything of the sort?

he was asking

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:37 pm

great update Carl, thanks for keeping us all in the loop :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:38 pm

DJ IS THE MAN !

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:39 pm

mallo wrote:DJ IS THE MAN !

Hmm

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hmm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Great update as usual carl
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good update Carl, enjoy your evening. :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:

Hmm

i agree with annis....f**k jonesy and o'neill (eeven though hes a top manager)

DI MATTEO'S BARMY ARMY :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hmm

FOR THIS SEASON KEEP THE FAITH

SHOULD PUT ALL YOUR ENGERY INTO PRINTING SONG SHEETS FOR THE PLASTIC BRIGADE ! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:41 pm

mallo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmm

FOR THIS SEASON KEEP THE FAITH

SHOULD PUT ALL YOUR ENGERY INTO PRINTING SONG SHEETS FOR THE PLASTIC BRIGADE ! :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: