Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF YOU WERE A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER....

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Would you WANT to know what is being said, or would you be browsing fans forums like this one with 7 games of the season remaining, where you need to be concentrating on your football? Would you have an ego with the desire to find out what insiders leak to fans spokespeople, and what you wouldn't actually be able to find out as a player within the club itself, would you have a guilty conscience about something that you wouldn't really want leaking?

Or would a forum/message board be the last thing on your mind?

Just trying to find our your opinions. Personally I wouldn't read anything on them myself....

Re: IF YOU WERE A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER....

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:21 pm

yes

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:yes

I was hoping for a bit more than a one word answer! :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Merlin wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:yes

I was hoping for a bit more than a one word answer! :lol:

yes i would...better? :D :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:26 pm

I'd probably read it out of curiosity but you have to remember that statistically posts on messageboards only come from a very small percentage of the fanbase and that normally there are a more or less equal amount of people praising as criticising so I'd like to think I wouldn't take it to heart!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Definately.

I think players and fans should be more closely linked, and if I were a professional footballer I'd want to know what the fans think of me. What better place to do that than a fan-led messageboard.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Dafydd wrote:Definately.

I think players and fans should be more closely linked, and if I were a professional footballer I'd want to know what the fans think of me. What better place to do that than a fan-led messageboard.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:29 pm

i would probably sign up as a random name, and comment on those messageboards. OH wait one or two already do ;)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:30 pm

milly44 wrote:i would probably sign up as a random name, and comment on those messageboards. OH wait one or two already do ;)

you mayve just started a big debate by saying that :lol: we all know jay rightfully looks on here

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:31 pm

yes id be on here and posting stuff too! ... id be having a field day on here! ... id be posting under a false name saying how great i am and telling fans they are idiots if they thought i was shit! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:33 pm

davids wrote:I'd probably read it out of curiosity but you have to remember that statistically posts on messageboards only come from a very small percentage of the fanbase and that normally there are a more or less equal amount of people praising as criticising so I'd like to think I wouldn't take it to heart!

That's a good reply. As a forum here we are a minority of match attendees, and I bet about 20-30% of people posting here don't even go to the games. If players do come here to read then they must surely be aware of that, and as you say not take it to heart. However if I were to read something that was completely untrue then I'd make damn sure about letting the fans know!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
milly44 wrote:i would probably sign up as a random name, and comment on those messageboards. OH wait one or two already do ;)

you mayve just started a big debate by saying that :lol: we all know jay rightfully looks on here

yes but some players actually post! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Merlin wrote:
davids wrote:I'd probably read it out of curiosity but you have to remember that statistically posts on messageboards only come from a very small percentage of the fanbase and that normally there are a more or less equal amount of people praising as criticising so I'd like to think I wouldn't take it to heart!

That's a good reply. As a forum here we are a minority of match attendees, and I bet about 20-30% of people posting here don't even go to the games. If players do come here to read then they must surely be aware of that, and as you say not take it to heart. However if I were to read something that was completely untrue then I'd make damn sure about letting the fans know!

my reply was better :D ;)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:36 pm

who

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:40 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

who

Look out Baz has a new toy! 

Yeah anyway, who Milly! [pm me the code! :lol:]

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:41 pm

A great deal of the stuff written on internet message boards football or otherwise is usually just people's opinions. Thing is people often believe what they read if it true or untrue. Do hope anything written on here doesn't cause unrest at this stage of the season, when we should be supporting our team.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:20 pm

ADERYN wrote:A great deal of the stuff written on internet message boards football or otherwise is usually just people's opinions. Thing is people often believe what they read if it true or untrue. Do hope anything written on here doesn't cause unrest at this stage of the season, when we should be supporting our team.

You kind of just contradicted yourself... :|

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:53 pm

I'd like to think I'm a thick skinned individual and if 1% of comments helped me improve my game I'd strongly consider reading them to see if I could filter the ones out that I felt could benefit me. However, the truth can hurt and cut deep so it depends on the individual. Personally though, I'd like to know if someone noticed an area of my play I could improve on.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:29 pm

when i was playing semi pro football i would have loved to have seen what was posted on the clubs messageboards about my performances

lot's of PM's would have surfaced i,m sure :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:52 pm

if i was a city player, i would be on here, looking to see what your saying about me,,,, would it affect me? i dont know, i might not even care,?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:54 pm

ps, also i would log in under a different name, and challenge those, who say mean things about me, :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:03 pm

everyone is different

a lot would, a lot wouldn't

not every footballer has the same personality

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:58 pm

I wouldn't, as i know that reading people slagging me off wld bother me, even if criticism was meant to be helpfull i'd ignore it, i meean wtf do we fans really know about playing the game?If we were that good, we'd be playing. Time to twitter? Lee Westwood is currently world number 1, abouy to play in a major, if he's got time to twitter, jay def has.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:06 pm

na too busy fcuking john terrys wife :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: