Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" News from the Prisons April 3rd Chelsea/Cardiff "

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 pm

News from the screws April 3rd 2011

Well, that is another week gone and another week closer to the lads all being released. To the best of my knowledge only Josh is currently home out of the original 16 that were incarcerated on February 3rd and February 4th this year…that is now 58 days and 59 days ago.That was until last Friday.

Some good news to start is that Shaky was released on Friday, Shane is the second to get home and the Talbot Green lads are all happy to see him home

This week will see more of the lads coming home including Morgan, who has been separated from the rest of the lads up in Cambridge, unfortunately an administrative hold up could delay his anticipated release on Wednesday… Dibs and his family will be relieved when it is all sorted and hopefully Morgan can get back to work and get on with his life, he is not 21 yet, so plenty of time to put all this behind him.

Paul O’H is also home this Wednesday and unfortunately his brother is still facing court so it is still difficult times ahead and hard decisions to be made, but at least Paul is home soon, he was sharing a cell with Jamie Brett for a while but has been in a single cell recently awaiting his release, Jamie must also be due for release this week but I can’t confirm this.
The week just gone saw some of the lads getting their reviews done and luckily at least 4 maybe 5 have now been categorized as Cat D…which means they are qualified for open prison, either up in Hewell or even at Prescoed in Usk I think they are Stefan, Nic Frederico, Nathan M, Gareth G and one or two others but don’t quote me on that…that is excellent news for them and their families for the rest of the lads we have to hope for an improved review in the future.

Although most of the lads left to serve time have been reviewed they are still in the same Blocks and cells so they won’t see any difference, rumour is though that the 4 or 5 that have been given Cat D may see a change next Friday and Usk is a real possibility, but probably it will be the farm at Hewell, so fingers crossed for them. Rob C and Gareth have had to spend long periods in cells at times due to other vulnerable prisoners being in the same block and the staff shortages on some days so hopefully this will be a thing of the past now.

My boy is doing well, although disappointed with his review( he is rated a Cat C) he is content where he is, he is always in the football team that plays a few times a week and he is friends with the Oxford lads who got convicted in Cheltenham last month, they are always popping in and out of each other’s cells having a chat etc…Pete still shares a cell with a lad from Newport who was not amongst the City fans…Pete rarely sees the other City fans these days but I keep him up to date with their news.

Peters’ old Cell mate Steve M who got transferred to Swansea is doing fine although the jail is full to the rafters and visiting is less relaxed than what it is in Hewell but it is closer for his girlfriend and family, he is due home early in May so another 28 or so days.

One last thing to remember is that there are still 33 fans to be either sentenced or to face trial plus the 6 they are still trying to identify…we also can spare a thought for the friends and families of the 20 Chelsea fans who started their time in Jail last week….I still believe that every one of the fans convicted from both clubs could have avoided jail sentences…long football order bans and suspended sentences added to fines and long terms of community service would have seen justice done and benefited the rest of society who now have the burden of paying to keep these lads in jail, whereas they could all be out working, and paying taxes…just my opinion.

If I have any information wrong please amend and if you have anything to add about any of the lads please add to thread…I will try to keep the updates going but there is not a lot to report each week but that is good news in itself and as far as I am aware all the lads are in good spirits and good health.[/size]

Re: News from the Prisons April 3rd Chelsea/Cardiff

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:58 pm

The sooner they are all out the better, cant wait for Morgans release.

Thanks for keeping us informed :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Corky,
Thanks for the update, please pass on that all the Cardiff lads are in our thoughts.
Very classy of you to mention the Chelsea lads too I thought as I believe both sets of fans were dealt with too harshly as some were undoubtedly caught up in a poorly policed operation.
Keep the updates coming
Nice 1
Jes

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:00 pm

Good to hear some are on their way home................

None of them should be there in the first place. :old:

Re: " News from the Prisons April 3rd Chelsea/Cardiff "

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:00 pm

just hope morgans release is this week ,with the hold up,down to the person who deals with the admin on the sick. not sure.hes ok mind,he describes it as a mixture of centre parcs,boarding school and cubs.he not been to or done any of these . hesaid friday was good 2 packets of haribo sweets ,2 bars of chocolate and 2 cans of coke ,he shares with a scouse mate,who gets the same allowance ,they make a can last a day ,share half each so their cans lasts 4 days ,and only have to wait 3 days till their next coke intake ,(simon ,wayne ,thats drink not anything else )lol .his spirits are still high and is looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Corky,

Was with Shane yesterday afternoon for a few hours and he seemed in good spirits, what he found hard was the lead up to the trial and the actual trial and the realisation he was going to prison.

Once over the intial shock he said it was not to bad and was grateful of all letters sent - he responded to everyone at least once.

Please take time to write if you know anyone it really does help

All the best to families and friends and those inside for a complete mis justice

:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:18 pm

corky, been reading ur updates from the start and its great to hear that they are all in good spirit. The sentences they got is a joke, I see much worse up here in sleepy Aberystwyth and they only get a £80 fine. I hope all the boys know that the true city fans are thinking about them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Cheers Corky for the update on them all and I agree totally with you, All Cardiff and Chelsea fans did not Deserve jail.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:45 am

dibstours wrote:just hope morgans release is this week ,with the hold up,down to the person who deals with the admin on the sick. not sure.hes ok mind,he describes it as a mixture of centre parcs,boarding school and cubs.he not been to or done any of these . hesaid friday was good 2 packets of haribo sweets ,2 bars of chocolate and 2 cans of coke ,he shares with a scouse mate,who gets the same allowance ,they make a can last a day ,share half each so their cans lasts 4 days ,and only have to wait 3 days till their next coke intake ,(simon ,wayne ,thats drink not anything else )lol .his spirits are still high and is looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

:lol:

It be great to have him home mate :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 pm

I travelled to Thailand when these were sent down,and am still here,but it seems an age ago.For those boys inside I cant guess how long its felt.Its an absolute joke to see these sentences for what happened at chelsea and I wish them the best.And this comes from a Swansea fan.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks for the update Corky, really appreciate you keeping us in the loop about what has happened.

Hope your son's situation improves and that he is home before you know it.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Once again
Cheers Corky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:45 am

It feels great to be home!!

Like to thank everybody, especially Corky for there updates. We regulary got printouts from this forum sent in, and they did keep our spirits up. Especially when Steffs Mum was posting - he took a bit of ribbing for that, all good natured tho and took in the way it was intended ;)

Everyone is doing ok in there, its just the boredom thats a killer.

Jai and Nathen M were moved to Block 7 on Tuesday, so at least they got a more relaxed regime now. They said that Rob C and Gaz Green should be moved over next week hopefuly.

Me and Brett were both released on tag yesterday. The first beer tasted amazing and by the 3rd I was bolloxed :roll:

Once again, thanks to all that took the time to post messages of support on here and send letters in.

Paul O'Hara :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Glad to hear your out Paul, hopfully more will be joining you soon.

I recieved a letter off Morgan today, he is still in good spirits :ayatollah: