Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARL CURTIS " AUTO'S STILL ON ! " - DO YOU AGREE ?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In yesterdays Echo, Carl says and explains why City will get the second automatic spot, I am liking your optimism Carl, fair play you have remained consistent throughout, I hope you are right :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... get-bottom

But carl, I Personally Dont Believe We will make Top 2, I Believe 4th place, I hope I am wrong. :ayatollah:

But Yesterday is a Great Start to Our First of 8 games, NOW WE NEED CONSISTENCY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:06 pm

CityGent wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:I wouldn't sat 2-1 was taken to the sword - Swansea outplayed them from the reports

But IF derby were that good why didn't they take any of the sitters they had

4-1 on paper was a great result BUT defence was sloppy yesterday and we will play better teams then derby on the run in

Agreed, but we did more than enough to soundly beat them. Concentration lets us down at the back, but we're no worse than any of the top sides in that respect. We've got to be happy with some quality individual displays at Millwall and yesterday. I mentioned last week that getting Oli back for the last twenty minutes of the Barnsley game could be the turning point. Weve looked far more balanced since

IMHO we are inconsistent but are capable of winning the majority of next 7 games-we had the rub of the green yesterday for 1st time in weeks. On the flip side we could only win 1 out of those 7. I personally think we will win 4 draw 2 and lose 1. I can see the jacks getting 10 points and Norwich getting slipping and getting 8 or 9. That would be enough for us to get 2nd place.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:24 pm

I still believe we will get second.

DJ's teams have mostly gone on runs albeit it bad runs or good runs. We had a bad run and yesterday I hope is the start of the good run that will take us up :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Norwuch will get injuries , maybe sending offs , teams will want to beat them like swansea and forest , lets be honest no-one knows but support the team and see where we end , this is a beginning of n unbeten run already

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:15 pm

We can go up automatically providing the seven teams we have left to play are all as bad as Derby...

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:21 pm

Have said all along we have a good chance for automatic

Need to put in some battling performances against the bottom teams....some bite in midfield is needed as well as flair....and I think we can clinch it against Boro

Come on you Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:39 am

Auto is still on because with 7 games to go mathematically we can still do it.

Probability of us doing it is looking good as we are back in 3rd place with an easier run in than our rivals. However with only 5 points from the last 15, 3 of those coming from a win against the worse team to visit CCS, the looking good starts looking nervy.

Confidence just after the start of the season, that is Bellamys arrival, has gone to hopefulness.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:00 am

Automatic promotion is still on for maybe 5 or 6 teams and Carl is dead right in saying its on for us as much as any other team currently 3 , 4 , 5 or 6 points behind us too . Im taking 1 game at a time and refusing to look at the run ins etc ..... so Doncaster away is a winnable match BUT not as easy as it would have been 4 or 5 weeks ago when the Donny squad was on its arse . So can we beat them then yes we can but its 1 we need to grind out and I also believe that Swansea will grind out a win against Norwich on Saturday :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:05 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Automatic promotion is still on for maybe 5 or 6 teams and Carl is dead right in saying its on for us as much as any other team currently 3 , 4 , 5 or 6 points behind us too . Im taking 1 game at a time and refusing to look at the run ins etc ..... so Doncaster away is a winnable match BUT not as easy as it would have been 4 or 5 weeks ago when the Donny squad was on its arse . So can we beat them then yes we can but its 1 we need to grind out and I also believe that Swansea will grind out a win against Norwich on Saturday :ayatollah:

Unless we win our games all this speculation is pointless. So are we confident or are we hopeful we will win? Me it is more hope than confidence due to the way it has been this season.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:07 am

Im not speculating just saying its possible for a few teams including Cardiff to gain auto promotion and NONE can be written off just yet . Its going to be an interesting few weeks ahead :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:42 am

Like I said on Saturday, it was a good, positive artcile.

Can we do it? Hell yes.

WILL we do it? Hmmm, hope so!

I believe!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:53 am

From championship survival to midtable, to an fa cup final to just missing out on a play off to a play off final....to automatic spot???? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:21 am

I hope I'm wrong but I reckon our season will be defined by the run of 'easy' games in March where we picked up 2 points out of 12. We should have had 10 points from those fixtures.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 am

Bondi Bluebird wrote:I hope I'm wrong but I reckon our season will be defined by the run of 'easy' games in March where we picked up 2 points out of 12. We should have had 10 points from those fixtures.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:44 am

Obviously I'd prefer us to be in Norwich's position but we are not and so all the team can do is their utmost to get as many points as they can. There is nothing they can do about Norwich's results and just hope the pressure gets to them & Ipswich do us a favour which they owe us big time for.

We could do with a bit more luck to balance Norwich's glut of 90+ minute winners.

Still worried about our central midfield. Too slow and not offensive enough & putting too much pressure on the defence.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:18 am

If we can finish the season like we started it, then why not. But we've still got to rely heavily on other teams doing us favours.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 am

If, and thats a big if, we get 6 points from the next 2 games I do believe automatic is on.
I do not believe never the less, that we have the balls to grunt out 2 tough away games.

Wembley here we come, and I do believe we can go up from there. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:32 pm

If Swansea beat Norwich on Saturday, then I believe we will finish second

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:36 pm

A week is a long time in politics and football. Now then 2 wins against Donnie and Utd and ......... The Cardiff City Stadium should be rocking for Pompey :ayatollah: Yes I agree Auto is still on we can do it :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Come on people we can definitely do this, a win on Saturday and there will be more subscribers to the theory :D :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:Come on people we can definitely do this, a win on Saturday and there will be more subscribers to the theory :D :ayatollah:

A defeat and it'll be DJ out....

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:38 am

Cheers Carl, Wonder whats in your column in THIS SATURDAYS ECHO :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Interesting

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:31 pm

um, we are cardiff city, if we were in qprs, position, we would f**k it up, its not negativity, its cardiff city

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In yesterdays Echo, Carl says and explains why City will get the second automatic spot, I am liking your optimism Carl, fair play you have remained consistent throughout, I hope you are right :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl Curtis
Link
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... get-bottom

IF WE BEAT SHEFF UTD, I MIGHT START BELIEVING IN YOU :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: