Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

An unusual way of a predictor.....

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:20 am

Ok, we are above the Jacks, so taking Norwich and our remaining fixtures into comparison.

Rather than predicting, a win, loss or draw... I have come up with an average likely point take from each game. For example, Norwich have Swansea away next week. More than likely they will lose or draw. So il give them 0.5 points.

Here it goes:

Swansea v Norwich, 17:20 --------- 0.5

Swansea are so strong at home but Norwich could also get a point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, 12 April 2011
Npower Championship
Watford v Norwich, 19:45 ----------- 1.5

This is a tough game, but Watford have dipped a little lately. Although, Watford produce against the big teams, it could go either way, so inbetween 0 and 3 gives 1.5.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, 15 April 2011
Npower Championship
Norwich v Nott'm Forest, 19:45 ------------- 1.5

Another tricky one for Norwich. Similar to the Watford game, but I think Forest will provide stiff opposition as they will be battling hard for a top 6 spot, and should be in better form in a few weeks.
Thursday, 21 April 2011
Npower Championship
Ipswich v Norwich, 19:45 -------------- 1

Yet again ANOTHER hard game for Norwich. Local derby, so mid-table Ipswich will have something to play for. Ipswich are a good side and are in good form. This could go either way too, but more likely to be a Norwich loss than win, so I give it 1 point.
Monday, 25 April 2011
Npower Championship
Norwich v Derby, 15:00 ---------------- 3

For me, this is Norwich's last banker of the season. We know how poor Derby are, and in a relegation scrap or not, Norwich should have too much for them.
Monday, 2 May 2011
Npower Championship
Portsmouth v Norwich, 19:45 ------------ 1.5

A Monday evening KO at Pompey = Not easy. Portsmouth are a decent side which they have shown in the last few months. Being Pompeys last game at home for the season, they could either be flat with the season nearly wrapped up or be fired up. This could be tricky for Norwich. So again another that could go either way = 1.5

Saturday, 7 May 2011
Npower Championship
Norwich v Coventry ---------- 2.5

At the moment, this is a hard one to call on the Coventry front. Assuming however, they are safe by now, Cov could prove to be easy opposition. However, nothing is easy when you need a win to get possible Promo. You got to fancy Norwich here, but with a chance Coventry could perform = 2.5

Therefore I total Norwich's last 7 games at a return of 11.5.
....................................................................................................................................................

Now for ours (try my best not to be biased):

Doncaster v Cardiff, 15:00------------------ 2.5

Donny are in poor form, but have the ability to turn it on. Yesterday's result should give us a boost and a draw or Cardiff win is the most likely result. Win being the most likely.
Tuesday, 12 April 2011
Npower Championship
Sheff Utd v Cardiff, 19:45 ---------------- 2

Same as above really, if Sheff utd lose their next 2 games they could basically be down, then you have to fancy us. However, if they are in with a fighting chance, Bramwall lane will be a tough place to go too for a fiery evening KO.
Saturday, 16 April 2011
Npower Championship
Cardiff v Portsmouth, 15:00 ---------------- 2.5

We have to take 3 points at home here, but thats never easy especially with our up/down home performances. However, Pompey have nothing to really play for and if there is going to be a winner, Cardiff have to be fancied with a chance Pompey could nick something. 2.5 here.
Saturday, 23 April 2011
Npower Championship
Cardiff v QPR, 12:45 ------------------------ 1

Wow this could be such a big game. QPR should have the league wrapped up by this point. However, they will want to prove a point why they are champions and Warnock's teams dont take their foot off the gas. They are so hard to break down, and Taarabt will cause our make-shift defence all sorts of problems. Could go anyway, but if there is a winner, QPR are just about more likely. So 1 point here rather than 1.5
Monday, 25 April 2011
Npower Championship
Preston v Cardiff, 15:00 --------------------- 1.5

Oh dear, the bogey ground. We got to hope Preston are down by then. Judging by recent form though, they wont be mathematically down. Could be very tough. Could go either way. So 1.5
Monday, 2 May 2011
Npower Championship
Cardiff v Middlesbrough, 17:15 ---------------------- 3

Brough should have little to play for at this point. They are a decent team however on their day. But if 3 points is a must ther'l be a full house, Cardiff have to be fancied to take all the spoils. 3
Saturday, 7 May 2011
Npower Championship
Burnley v Cardiff ----------------------- 2

Burnley looked to be charging towards not just the top 6, but top 2. However they have stuttered lately and now look like they are going to finish mid table. This is still a tough game as Burnley may have something to play for at this point, and could we. 2 given here as a betting man wouldnt know what result to back at this moment in time, but the way it looks Burnley won be playing for anything, and should be there for the taking.
....................................................................................................................................................

So the total for us is 14.5 = 3 more than Norwich.

This wouldnt be enough (they are only averages though), but shows just how tight it is going to be, its going down to the wire. Possibly with Leeds and the Jacks involved too.

For the neutral, its going to be amazing, for us fans its simply not.

Re: An unusual way of a predictor.....

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 am

Nice try, but in my opinion, stats go out the window now! We've all tried the predictor etc, but it all comes down to the nitty gritty and team effort, including the bottle and nerve to show passion and succeed! We have learnt from our mistakes, and I really believe well go on and grab the last Auto spot! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:32 am

You just mind fuc*ed me :? :? :? :? :?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:37 am

Merlin wrote:Nice try, but in my opinion, stats go out the window now! We've all tried the predictor etc, but it all comes down to the nitty gritty and team effort, including the bottle and nerve to show passion and succeed! We have learnt from our mistakes, and I really believe well go on and grab the last Auto spot! :ayatollah:

Stats go out of the window all the time in this league.

But we are near the top as statistically we are one of the more consistant teams in the league. You have to say, unless Norwich bottle it, they will take it. But as you say, you never know.

I hope your right though mate, but one week with Norwich winning and us losing, its over. Thats the trouble. I believe we'l finish strong whatever. Will it be enough?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:47 am

I admire the effort you've put into this but your conclusion:

" ...... shows just how tight it is going to be, its going down to the wire. Possibly with Leeds and the Jacks involved too."

has been obvious for some time.
Also the fact that Swansea have 4 home & 3 away games left while we have 3 home & 4 away could be significant - although it seems Norwich are the main obstacle.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:48 am

Dange wrote:You just mind fuc*ed me :? :? :? :? :?

Me too, I've got a f**king headache now. :?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:17 pm

EllBoy wrote:I admire the effort you've put into this but your conclusion:

" ...... shows just how tight it is going to be, its going down to the wire. Possibly with Leeds and the Jacks involved too."

has been obvious for some time.
Also the fact that Swansea have 4 home & 3 away games left while we have 3 home & 4 away could be significant - although it seems Norwich are the main obstacle.

Exactly why I just concentrated on Norwich.

I would have done Jacks and Leeds too, but I would have been here all week!

I must admit, I really see Leeds as the other main threat due to their fire power and good form. But, they concede far too many and when they draw a blank or score just 1, they struggle. Same as us I guess.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:18 pm

nobber wrote:

Me too, I've got a f**king headache now. :?

:lol: Just look at ure avator. That'l clear your head.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:53 pm

LOL, me too :D