Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones yesterdays Echo

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:10 am

Is the Bloke finally ready for the funny Farm ? Has he just started weaving those baskets ? Has Dave Jones finally flew over the Cuckoo's nest ? Has all those years trying to turn Jay Bothroyd into a Footballer finally snapped him.
We signed Craig, Jason, Olly, we have Chopra, Bothroyd, Burke, Whitts ETC and he reckons all those players he bought in we were relegation fodder !! According to Mad Murdoch we are over achieving and we should count our blessings.
Why did we bring in the BEAST for ? was it to brake Jones out of the institution for every game ? Perhaps we should give Jones the Randy Orton theme tune to him., The voices in my head :lol:
I know Carl you tried to tell me he was misquoted !! But f**k me can they miss quote the whole sodding article. Bloody hell between Jones and Koumas they can communicate with each other with out speaking to one another :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Dave Jones yesterdays Echo

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:21 am

The part i did not get was "All of a sudden we have gone from relegation candidates to now being promotion candidates and that takes a lot of hard work"

When were we Relegation candidates?? We were 7th or 8th fav to win the league,and when Bellers signed down to 3rd or 4th fav.
To be promoted 5-1 and to be relegated 8-1. :roll:

If anything we were a Mid -Table team before we kicked off v Sheff Utd.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 am

I wouldnt take much notice out of what was in the Echo Steve.

I was at a party at the start of the season and DJ was there , sat down with him for a couple of hours over a beer and hes actually totally different away from the football club , in fact you could say hes a good bloke, very deep and very cautious but a mans man and came across as a good man. Thats why since i havent read any of the shit written about him or slagged him off. I understand why others do but i can honestly say he's a good bloke deep down. I would ignore both the press and his moans as well, hes not perfect my any long chalk like all of us but he's in a high profile position in Wales with the spotlight on him as well as pressure from Malaysia too, its just the way he deals with it is my assumption.

At the time prior to the party there were a few things that needed addressing and clearing up mainly bollocks caused by others.

We went face to face over a table and pint and cleared everything within a short period of time and ended up even having a laugh, that sums the bloke up - good bloke.

DJ - if you have been having a crack behind my back since - Wanker :lol: :lol: :lol: ( joke) but i havent heard anything,

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:53 am

Daya wrote:I wouldnt take much notice out of what was in the Echo Steve.

I was at a party at the start of the season and DJ was there , sat down with him for a couple of hours over a beer and hes actually totally different away from the football club , in fact you could say hes a good bloke, very deep and very cautious but a mans man and came across as a good man. Thats why since i havent read any of the shit written about him or slagged him off. I understand why others do but i can honestly say he's a good bloke deep down. I would ignore both the press and his moans as well, hes not perfect my any long chalk like all of us but he's in a high profile position in Wales with the spotlight on him as well as pressure from Malaysia too, its just the way he deals with it is my assumption.

At the time prior to the party there were a few things that needed addressing and clearing up mainly bollocks caused by others.

We went face to face over a table and pint and cleared everything within a short period of time and ended up even having a laugh, that sums the bloke up - good bloke.

DJ - if you have been having a crack behind my back since - Wanker :lol: :lol: :lol: ( joke) but i havent heard anything,

I'll buy into that theory, sounds like he's not as bad as people make out, only my opinion. ;) :)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Is the Bloke finally ready for the funny Farm ? Has he just started weaving those baskets ? Has Dave Jones finally flew over the Cuckoo's nest ? Has all those years trying to turn Jay Bothroyd into a Footballer finally snapped him.
We signed Craig, Jason, Olly, we have Chopra, Bothroyd, Burke, Whitts ETC and he reckons all those players he bought in we were relegation fodder !! According to Mad Murdoch we are over achieving and we should count our blessings.
Why did we bring in the BEAST for ? was it to brake Jones out of the institution for every game ? Perhaps we should give Jones the Randy Orton theme tune to him., The voices in my head :lol:
I know Carl you tried to tell me he was misquoted !! But f**k me can they miss quote the whole sodding article. Bloody hell between Jones and Koumas they can communicate with each other with out speaking to one another :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nukes I hate DJ I think he is the most miserable man to ever manage our club but having said that Steve Tucker has taken what he said and twisted it to suit his own anti Cardiff City and DJ agenda.

I watched the whole interview which was 22 minutes long and believe me it was completely full of DJ moaning about everyone and everything, even the FAT camera man it really was painful stuff to watch.

But he never said that HE thought Cardiff were relegation candidates what he said was during the close season with ALL the issues the club had to deal with, Winding Up Orders, Sales Of The Club, Transfer Embargos etc people were talking about the club being relegation candidates. But he said people didn't know about the hard work going on behind the scenes to overcome the problems and when the club did and we started to sign players the same people who thought we were relegation candidates suddenly thought we should win the League.

He did say within the club getting the club into a position to gain promotion was always the target and despite all the issues last summer the club has done that, and that being the case we should all focus on the run in because we have a real chance of achieving promotion.

However he did spoil the interview by constant reference to people in this part of the world, expectation levels, people who had never managed a club thinking they knew better than him etc, etc. Lots of talk about people talking for months about the last 8 games being the pivotal time of the season, this I couldn't understand because all he has said is there are plenty of games left until after the Millwall game when he decided to announce we had an 8 game season now, 8 Cup Finals and all that crap. Perhaps he would be better off saying 8 Cup Semi Finals because he has at least won one of them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I say I absolutely ate the guy but in fairness Carl is right he has been misquoted by Steve Tucker because he NEVER at any stage said HE thought we were relegation candidates. That Mr Tucker is a blatent lie. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:45 pm

nobber wrote:
Daya wrote:I wouldnt take much notice out of what was in the Echo Steve.

I'll buy into that theory, sounds like he's not as bad as people make out, only my opinion. ;) :)

in my opinion alot of it is just his persona and hes a deep person but mixed too with a bit of a paranoid thought but who wouldnt be with what he had to endure . if im right and thats his make up then im sure he doesnt like dealing with things like the press and some of his quotes are not the best. i can imagine him being a stubborn b*stard too mind!!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:56 pm

castleblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Is the Bloke finally ready for the funny Farm ? Has he just started weaving those baskets ? Has Dave Jones finally flew over the Cuckoo's nest ? Has all those years trying to turn Jay Bothroyd into a Footballer finally snapped him.

Nukes I hate DJ I think he is the most miserable man to ever manage our club but having said that Steve Tucker has taken what he said and twisted it to suit his own anti Cardiff City and DJ agenda.

I watched the whole interview which was 22 minutes long and believe me it was completely full of DJ moaning about everyone and everything, even the FAT camera man it really was painful stuff to watch.

But he never said that HE thought Cardiff were relegation candidates what he said was during the close season with ALL the issues the club had to deal with, Winding Up Orders, Sales Of The Club, Transfer Embargos etc people were talking about the club being relegation candidates. But he said people didn't know about the hard work going on behind the scenes to overcome the problems and when the club did and we started to sign players the same people who thought we were relegation candidates suddenly thought we should win the League.

He did say within the club getting the club into a position to gain promotion was always the target and despite all the issues last summer the club has done that, and that being the case we should all focus on the run in because we have a real chance of achieving promotion.

However he did spoil the interview by constant reference to people in this part of the world, expectation levels, people who had never managed a club thinking they knew better than him etc, etc. Lots of talk about people talking for months about the last 8 games being the pivotal time of the season, this I couldn't understand because all he has said is there are plenty of games left until after the Millwall game when he decided to announce we had an 8 game season now, 8 Cup Finals and all that crap. Perhaps he would be better off saying 8 Cup Semi Finals because he has at least won one of them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I say I absolutely ate the guy but in fairness Carl is right he has been misquoted by Steve Tucker because he NEVER at any stage said HE thought we were relegation candidates. That Mr Tucker is a blatent lie. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks for the update with regards what was said (or not) :roll: - castleblue.
Thought it was a bit of an odd thing to say/printed :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:40 pm

He does come across miserable in interview but has anyone been to any of the open forums with him? They had one when he took over and the trust done one not long ago and he is actually a very funny and witty guy.