Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RUMOUR

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:52 am

I know theres an update tonight...just wondering if the rumour i heard yesterday is true and that Jay Bothroyd signed a pre contract agreement in january with QPR?

Re: RUMOUR

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:55 am

thats bollocks mate.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:56 am

hope so...you always hear rumours down the CCS

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:57 am

Daya wrote:thats bollocks mate.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:02 am

ccfcdor wrote:I know theres an update tonight...just wondering if the rumour i heard yesterday is true and that Jay Bothroyd signed a pre contract agreement in january with QPR?

I Don't think so ccfcdor,QPR tryed to get Chops to go to them back in Dec-Jan.
I posted on Friday on here the clubs who wanted to have jay at their club before the Jan transfer window closed.
Who knows they maybe some truth in it - only for the reason its a London club ;)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:04 am

Top Cat your Ful of it today !

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:04 am

if its an "explosive update" that would probably fit the category...who knows. all i can say is jay showed passion for the club yesterday

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:08 am

ccfcdor wrote:if its an "explosive update" that would probably fit the category...who knows. all i can say is jay showed passion for the club yesterday

too little too late in my opinion

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:14 am

I must admit that QPR Us where I think he will end up.

Their in his precious London an will have cash to spend WHEN they go up. Will probably have more chance of survival next year than any other options in London he may have (Fulham).

Doubt the Pre contract rumour though. Imagine if QPR had a blip in Feb/Mar and they were languishing come our game. Bothroyd could not play.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:14 am

ccfcdor wrote:if its an "explosive update" that would probably fit the category...who knows. all i can say is jay showed passion for the club yesterday

I never saw it sorry :cry:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:15 am

no challenge yesterday , it was a walk in the park for him yesterday against a very very poor Derby side.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:16 am

Did I hear right in that you can't sign for English clubs pre contract? Only foreign..... So Scotland or Europe..... Anyway IMO Im 99% sure that Jay had NOT even spoken to QPR. With all due respect to Jay - he is not the type of striker Warnock would normally go for...... You'll just have to wait til the update later! ;-)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:23 am

You can't *legally* sign a pre contract.

Doesn't mean a team can't make an illegal approach to make a verbal offer. Not like QPR have an ex-agent handling transfers or anything...

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:25 am

nerd wrote:You can't *legally* sign a pre contract.

Doesn't mean a team can't make an illegal approach to make a verbal offer. Not like QPR have an ex-agent handling transfers or anything...

:lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:40 am

Merlin wrote:Did I hear right in that you can't sign for English clubs pre contract? Only foreign..... So Scotland or Europe..... Anyway IMO Im 99% sure that Jay had NOT even spoken to QPR. With all due respect to Jay - he is not the type of striker Warnock would normally go for...... You'll just have to wait til the update later! ;-)

Your correct - i was just about to post this :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:42 am

With less than 6 months on your contract you can talk and agree with who you want!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:08 pm

ccfcdor wrote:I know theres an update tonight...just wondering if the rumour i heard yesterday is true and that Jay Bothroyd signed a pre contract agreement in january with QPR?

Players are not allowed to sign pre contract agreements with another club in the same pyramid system however like Adam Matthews has done with Celtic a player can sign one with a club in another national pyramid system. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Daya wrote:

With less than 6 months on your contract you can talk and agree with who you want!

Thought you could only sign a pre-contract with a "foreign" team?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:31 pm

I heard a rumour yesterday from someone who is usually very reliable that DJ is moving upstairs to a Director of Football position and we will have a new manager. Not sure whether it will be for the end of this season or for next, but apparently meetings have taken place in Malaysia, and if it is who has been mentioned, they must have given assurances about the future finances of the club as he is an ex premiership manager who would be highly coveted by other clubs. As I say, no idea whether its true or not but the source is close to the city and there is no reason to doubt him.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Heard this a number of weeks ago.

Didn't think anything of it, but this has reminded me.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:I heard a rumour yesterday from someone who is usually very reliable that DJ is moving upstairs to a Director of Football position and we will have a new manager. Not sure whether it will be for the end of this season or for next, but apparently meetings have taken place in Malaysia, and if it is who has been mentioned, they must have given assurances about the future finances of the club as he is an ex premiership manager who would be highly coveted by other clubs. As I say, no idea whether its true or not but the source is close to the city and there is no reason to doubt him.

Martin O'Neill?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Lazz wrote:
Bluebird1962 wrote:I heard a rumour yesterday from someone who is usually very reliable that DJ is moving upstairs to a Director of Football position and we will have a new manager. Not sure whether it will be for the end of this season or for next, but apparently meetings have taken place in Malaysia, and if it is who has been mentioned, they must have given assurances about the future finances of the club as he is an ex premiership manager who would be highly coveted by other clubs. As I say, no idea whether its true or not but the source is close to the city and there is no reason to doubt him.

Martin O'Neill?

If that is true I promise to wear leather shorts to the Royal wedding

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Lazz wrote:

Martin O'Neill?

Obviously you've heard the same rumour...

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:04 pm

glammy74 wrote:

too little too late in my opinion

:o :o and where would we be exactly without his goals early in the season :roll: OK he's been poor since coming back in January but if we do manage to go up he will have been as instrumental as anyone.

If we are to go up then we need Jay to be scoring, if he scores at the rate he did for the first 4 months of the season we will go up .............. simple :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Daya wrote:Top Cat your Ful of it today !

oh ha ha ha ha :roll: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Loving the avatar CCFClover LOL

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Ive heard the same rumour=reliable source -(Dodgy Dave from Asda)

Martin O neil offered a big Bonus deal---Millions in it for him if he gets us up --Probably a million if he fails.

Jones to go upstairs as hes too expensive to sack.

O neil just might be tempted--Wouldnt you fancy say a million guaranteed and posiibly 5 mllion if we go up --all for 6 weeks work.

Just imagine how gutted Jones would be sat in the directors box watching us playing brilliat and going up.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 pm

If it was going to be for the end of the season surely they would have done this at the start of the International break.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:
Lazz wrote:

Martin O'Neill?

Obviously you've heard the same rumour...

heard that one yesterday but a different version.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:24 pm

heard that one yesterday but a different version.[/quote]

What's your version then Daya?