Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ARE WE REALLY CARDIFF CITY ANYMORE ? "

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:41 pm

the stadium has a lot of potential but i think we really need the singing sections put into place. the atmosphere is good at times but not consistant, i think when we get to the premiership every game will be like the play off against leicester - electric :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" ARE WE REALLY CARDIFF CITY ANYMORE ? "

Being in that ground yesterday hearing the 500 Derby fans out sing us/take the mick out of us etc and at the time they were 4 nil down :shock: , thousands leaving early,it felt like we were the ones loosing. This is Not the Club I grew to Love and its Fans :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Team were Spot on Yesterday, what more could WE ASK FOR ?
NO WONDER SO MANY OLDER FANS DONT BOTHER ANYMORE, IF THIS IS THE FUTURE, I HONESTLY COULD GIVE UP.

Every fan around the country from Crystal palace/Derby to Millwall Dont understand how we have lost the Passion for Our club.
And Please Dont give it the Big One, Its HONESTLY THAT BAD.

couldnt agree more :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:52 pm

lewis91 wrote:sam would shake the club up, sometimes i wish he was back for those reasons. passion seems to be gone these days. i was pleased when the club gave fans the option of the "singing section". great idea. how much interest has it generated?

I tell you now what Sam would say about a 'singing section'

He'd point in the general direction of the ground and say

"There's our singing section, the whole ground, and if you wanna stand, stand. Until someone shows
me some evidence of the dangers of standing, then they can f**k off and stop picking on Cardiff City!"

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:53 pm

taffyapple wrote:
lewis91 wrote:sam would shake the club up, sometimes i wish he was back for those reasons. passion seems to be gone these days. i was pleased when the club gave fans the option of the "singing section". great idea. how much interest has it generated?

"There's our singing section, the whole ground, and if you wanna stand, stand. Until someone shows
me some evidence of the dangers of standing, then they can f**k off and stop picking on Cardiff City!"

good post. agree! sam would shake us up and get this club back to where it was. there doesn't seem to be a lot of passion anymore or any togetherness. for the sake of the fans and the atmopshere and also the match day experiences i would love to see him back :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:01 pm

dont think nerves can be the cause for lack of singing when youve been supportin the city for over 30 years nerves are part and parcel of the rollercoaster ride lots of us have been privaleged to be on weve witnessed some dark days and yet through it all we never stopped singin.recall an away game back in the dungeon think was oxford wed jus got relegated and yet still sang our hearts out jason perry even came over and sang with us at end "we'll be back as fuckin champions'know gotta move with the times and accept things change but am struggling with the reactions i get at home games for daring to keep chants/songs going sometimes have to check that i havent sprouted another head such are the looks that are dished out

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
since62 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Agreed Annis. I hate our atmosphere and every set of supporters to come to our ground have sung "your support is f*cking shit" and even then our support hasten"t been embarrassed to start singing. Who is to blame ? The fans has definitely got to take respnsability to many plastic types wearing Liverpool shirts ETC. And the Club should take the majority of the blame they have made sure they have destroyed our atmosphere. Now it's up to us proper fans to turn it around. At away games we need to get some catchy songs going like Derby did yesterday that just keep going and going. Let's turn it on the club.

I agree with many posters on here that the atmosphere can be disappointing at CCS , and I have never understood why so many have the urge to leave early. I actually think it is worse for them to leave early when it is a close game (how many have left and missed an equaliser or winner?) than when the game is over as a contest , as it was yesterday.

I also don`t see why anyone would want to wear a Liverpool shirt to a City game (or a City or Jacks one to a Wales game for that matter).

But I really don`t understand the comment that the club "have made sure they have destroyed our atmosphere".How? What is it you feel they have done? If its moving to an all seater stadium , then surely you acknowledge that all clubs at our level have to do so , and it also provides far better facilities to attract badly needed increased attendances at home games to help fund the costs of running the club.

Also , there was a recent offer made by the club to help move fans next season from the blocks next to the away fans to the Canton end to help promote a "singing end" where all like minded fans could gather and help improve noise levels during the game , with a tolerant approach to standing in that area. This suggestion was heavily promoted on this messageboard with people being encouraged to move , and was supported by the 16 or so seperate travel group organisers , the Supporters Club and the Supporters Trust.

Doesn`t that show that the club listens to fans requests and ideas to improve the atmosphere? How many fans on here intend taking up the offer that they asked for?

Keith

For one the old A block in the Ninian wanted to stay together. They were told that lot would never be allowed to buy season tickets together and they made sure they were split up. They have done everything to destroy the atmosphere. They have kept the old Grange end as far from the away supporters as possible.
BRING BACK SAM

Wayne Nash made Sure we NEVER SAT All together again, yet in the last 8 yrs at Ninian park in Uppers Section A, THERE WERE ZERO ARRESTS.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:38 pm

lewis91 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

good post. agree! sam would shake us up and get this club back to where it was. there doesn't seem to be a lot of passion anymore or any togetherness. for the sake of the fans and the atmopshere and also the match day experiences i would love to see him back :ayatollah:

I tell you what mate. These dickheads are playing right into Sams hands. If indeed he DOES
come back then Jenkins will be answerable to him on certain things you can bet your life on
that. I can hear Sam already

"They are coming for us now"

"They say we cannot stand, well i say show me who has been arrested, show me who has
caused trouble, show me what my people have done wrong except for singing loud"

Tell you summat else feller, without someone like Sam Hammam coming here, this ground
is only going to get worse. The coppers hands were tied to a certain extent years ago. They
could hardly go flying into the crowd and drag somebody out for being 'boisterous' or for
swearing... now they have these yellow coated pet dogs doing it all for them. If a copper
done half of it they'd be accused of breaching your civil liberties see!!... so the little yellow
men who have always wanted to tell somebody what to do are in their element

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:40 pm

I have been following Cardiff City now for 3 and a half season home and aways, the half season comes from the season before we got to the cup final in 08 so please dont call me a glory hunter, i came down one day to watch a game with my partner as i was a season ticket holder for a premiership side, as the player had left playing for that club i was intreaged to watch him play for Cardiff. As ive allways been fascinated by the hooligan element that cardiff had as well i plucked up the courage to come to a game, reason why i became a ambassador and handed back my season ticket to the premiership club was the heritage of the club and nostalga of ninian park, it had passion, it had a special bond like a family unit it had every thing a new ground didnt have, even from coming over from the other side of the bridge ive met so many freindly people that i never experianced at premiership level, what im trying to say is to me thats gone and it saddens me, ok ive not followed cardiff for decades but as for as long as i live i will do, just renewed my seat for next season but im moving in to the canton end to give that a try if it doesnt improve atmosphere wise then im sorry to say it will just be away games for me the following season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:42 pm

since62 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:They were happy to push a suggestion which suited them and their goals.

But wasn`t the idea of moving to the Canton end being heavily promoted and encouraged on here? From memory , there were several quite long threads on here about organising big blocks of season tickets next year in the Canton end so everyone could sit/stand together.

That`s why I am genuinely puzzled when people now seem to be having a go at the club on this specific issue when all the club seems to have done is go along with the requests of those same people.

True it was debated at quite some length. As a result some have moved over to the Canton but many others didn't fancy it and have stayed in the Ninian. You could argue that the club has 'listened' to a point; however that point being where it has suited them to listen.

The fact is if they had listened as closely as you claim, they would lay off the draconian attitude towards standing in the Ninian Stand and relocate the disabled supporters who were put next to the Ninian singing section for no other reason than to cause difficulties for all concerned (another great Ridsdale f**k up)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:44 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
since62 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:They were happy to push a suggestion which suited them and their goals.

But wasn`t the idea of moving to the Canton end being heavily promoted and encouraged on here? From memory , there were several quite long threads on here about organising big blocks of season tickets next year in the Canton end so everyone could sit/stand together.

That`s why I am genuinely puzzled when people now seem to be having a go at the club on this specific issue when all the club seems to have done is go along with the requests of those same people.

True it was debated at quite some length. As a result some have moved over to the Canton but many others didn't fancy it and have stayed in the Ninian. You could argue that the club has 'listened' to a point; however that point being where it has suited them to listen.

The fact is if they had listened as closely as you claim, they would lay off the draconian attitude towards standing in the Ninian Stand and relocate the disabled supporters who were put next to the Ninian singing section for no other reason than to cause difficulties for all concerned (another great Ridsdale f**k up)

The Whole thing turned out to be a Total Con, THATS ALL I WILL SAY.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
since62 wrote:

Very good points. Points which, if added to the now apparant lack of willingness from the club to embrace peoples ideas for the Canton and motivational videos etc, show it was in esscence an easy way to free up desireable pitch side seats to sell to 'newer' fans.

Out of breath after that sentence.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:53 pm

MikePT wrote:Annis in all honesty I am heartbroken - my last game was the ipswich defeat I didnt go yesterday it is now a chore- I havent renewed my ST. I feel like the club I have loved/adored/worshipped unconditionally since I was kid has gone. I'm 39 and been going regular since I was 8. I find watching City painful win or lose these days . I never ever thought that this could happen or I would feel this way and I don't find any attraction in seeing premiership football with the City at the moment. If I move on so be it but this is painful.

mike totaly understand that sentiment, your right its painful , but the truth is it's gone.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Gloucester Bluebird wrote:I have been following Cardiff City now for 3 and a half season home and aways, the half season comes from the season before we got to the cup final in 08 so please dont call me a glory hunter, i came down one day to watch a game with my partner as i was a season ticket holder for a premiership side, as the player had left playing for that club i was intreaged to watch him play for Cardiff. As ive allways been fascinated by the hooligan element that cardiff had as well i plucked up the courage to come to a game, reason why i became a ambassador and handed back my season ticket to the premiership club was the heritage of the club and nostalga of ninian park, it had passion, it had a special bond like a family unit it had every thing a new ground didnt have, even from coming over from the other side of the bridge ive met so many freindly people that i never experianced at premiership level, what im trying to say is to me thats gone and it saddens me, ok ive not followed cardiff for decades but as for as long as i live i will do, just renewed my seat for next season but im moving in to the canton end to give that a try if it doesnt improve atmosphere wise then im sorry to say it will just be away games for me the following season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good for you mate. Actually I go against the grain a bit in I absolutely hate the terms 'glory hunter' or 'plastic'

If you come to CCS or attend away games to follow Cardiff (even if it’s only for one game a season or you f**k off at half-time) as far as I'm concerned you are a fellow brother who loves the mighty Bluebirds :ayatollah:

One thing we have to get away from is this self-defeating attitude that 'one fan is better than another' because of a multitude of self-imposed 'rules' which range from when you started following City to what time you leave the stadium :roll:

Yes we can all have different opinions on Dave Jones, Stephen McPhail or the new stadium, but no-one should consider themselves a 'better supporter' than the next fan or fannette.

Once we have got that very reasonable starting point, we might just start to develop a 'can do' attitude and improve the atmosphere through a number of initiatives which are thought up and enacted on by us the 'FANS OF CARDIFF CITY'

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:09 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Does anyone think its got something to do with the choice of songs and the duration of songs that Ali plays before the match?
:ayatollah:

The choice of music is abysmal whilst the volume is oppressive. The message it gives out is you're not to converse with the person next to you. It definately depresses me before the game. This has been my last season primarily for that reason although there are others this is the one that makes it easy to call it a day.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:41 pm

we need some songs that will get the crowd going before the game and at the end. ali plays a great part just like yesterday when he started screaming..CMOOOONNN. wayne nash is a dick in all fairness. he along with club are killing us. time to stand up! its our club! we pay the money. we shouldn't be treated like shit. something needs to be done. home games are a shite experience at the moment. i obviously enjoy going and will always no matter what...but i don't enjoy the whole atmopshere aspect of the game. feel like us fans are letting the team down.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:46 pm

I have said many times, football was more than just the game.... banter, chanting, having a laugh, walking around to other mates, not giving a f**k in the sense we wereb not pc, now its a dead f*cking mess and i have not renewed my seasn ticket
as many others i know have not.

I love city and always will, but i am not parting with my money and being told what to do, where to sit, what to sing, f**k it, if this is MOVING on football you can keep it. i would rather div 1 football and all the lads back from the old days.

f*cking breaks my heart

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:00 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:I have said many times, football was more than just the game.... banter, chanting, having a laugh, walking around to other mates, not giving a f**k in the sense we wereb not pc, now its a dead f*cking mess and i have not renewed my seasn ticket

I love city and always will, but i am not parting with my money and being told what to do, where to sit, what to sing, f**k it, if this is MOVING on football you can keep it. i would rather div 1 football and all the lads back from the old days.

f*cking breaks my heart

i fully agree with the above, its fecking terrible whats happening down there. I never thought our club would turn into 'the other clubs' we used to laugh it as plastic fans no atmosphere. Its shocking down there I have renewed but if im honest I dont enjoy home games and having away fans taking the p**** its sad beyond belief.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:I have said many times, football was more than just the game.... banter, chanting, having a laugh, walking around to other mates, not giving a f**k in the sense we wereb not pc, now its a dead f*cking mess and i have not renewed my seasn ticket

f*cking breaks my heart

i fully agree with the above, its fecking terrible whats happening down there. I never thought our club would turn into 'the other clubs' we used to laugh it as plastic fans no atmosphere. Its shocking down there I have renewed but if im honest I dont enjoy home games and having away fans taking the p**** its sad beyond belief.

Spot on mate - have a read of the thread just started above.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:47 am

The atmosphere isn't going to get better on its own...we the fans have to do something about it. Why the criticism of the Club and GJ in particular? How is GJ and the Club destroying the atmosphere exactly?

We definitely need lots more noise and colour at our home games and I think it would help if we had a few new songs and chants too. I could come up with a few ideas and suggestions (in fact I have posted a few ideas in the past on this forum) but as I'm just an average Joe no one is going to take much notice of me. However we do have a lot of fans on here who have a lot of influence and a big following.....so perhaps instead of talking about the lack of atmosphere at CCS they could use their influence to do something positive about it. I'm sure they have enough mates and contacts in order to set up a committee responsible for improving the atmosphere at CCS. A weekly get together initially for brainstorming in order to come up with some basic ideas for new songs and chants and innovative ways to get more colour and vibrancy at the stadium followed by action plans designed to turn the ideas into reality. I'm sure there are people on here with access to resources who CAN turn good ideas into reality and make sure that coming to home games in the future is a fantastic experience.

So come on lads quit moaning and use your influence to make things happen. It aint gonna happen on its own !!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:08 am

We only have to look to Europe who are light years ahead of us at creating noise and colour at home games. There are a million examples on youtube....here's another one......from fc basel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ExD45hP ... re=related

and another from fc porto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKy-g8wW ... re=related

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:22 pm

me some evidence of the dangers of standing, then they can f**k off and stop picking on Cardiff City!"[/quote]

good post. agree! sam would shake us up and get this club back to where it was. there doesn't seem to be a lot of passion anymore or any togetherness. for the sake of the fans and the atmopshere and also the match day experiences i would love to see him back :ayatollah:[/quote]

I tell you what mate. These dickheads are playing right into Sams hands. If indeed he DOES
come back then Jenkins will be answerable to him on certain things you can bet your life on
that. I can hear Sam already

"They are coming for us now"

"They say we cannot stand, well i say show me who has been arrested, show me who has
caused trouble, show me what my people have done wrong except for singing loud"

Tell you summat else feller, without someone like Sam Hammam coming here, this ground
is only going to get worse. The coppers hands were tied to a certain extent years ago. They
could hardly go flying into the crowd and drag somebody out for being 'boisterous' or for
swearing... now they have these yellow coated pet dogs doing it all for them. If a copper
done half of it they'd be accused of breaching your civil liberties see!!... so the little yellow
men who have always wanted to tell somebody what to do are in their element[/quote]

i agree mate. think he would get this club back to life. the fans would be pumped every game like we used to be. i want him back for the fans sake. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 pm

It's because all those 40 somethings have lost the energy to stoke up an atmosphere these days and just sit there moaning about how bad the atmosphere is.

Your quote:

"NO WONDER SO MANY OLDER FANS DONT BOTHER ANYMORE, IF THIS IS THE FUTURE, I HONESTLY COULD GIVE UP"

sums it up really. There is a whole older generation that can't be bother anymore and a new generation that is waiting for the older generation to show them how it's done.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:54 pm

i remember sitting in grandstand b block for most of my time down the city, there a handful of guys who used to sing their heart out every game no matter what. if you watch them now they just join in from time to time. that goes along with quite a number of fans that you may have witnessed. really dissapointing

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Iv already stated on here previously that next season i will only attend way games, Although i must admit iv only attended a dozen or so games this season as i did the last season, Reason being I fking hate the Regime the bollx and all the pomp along with that graveyard stadium that the Regime thinks too good for us, (best family club award)??? ffs im all for support from all walks of fan, But when a club has relied on the grass roots supporter for so long only to tell us when we can sit sing or even cheer, Their all for themselves at our club, i cant wait for the end of the season (CUZ ALL THE CATS ARE COMING OUT OF THE BAG)Trust Me!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Happens to a lot of teams at home, and when you factor in the fact that the CSS is still a new stadium it's gonna be a few years till it's truly home. The atmosphere is poor but I'm certaintly not gonna blame the club itself for this problem, we aren't the only ones suffering with this.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:32 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Happens to a lot of teams at home, and when you factor in the fact that the CSS is still a new stadium it's gonna be a few years till it's truly home. The atmosphere is poor but I'm certaintly not gonna blame the club itself for this problem, we aren't the only ones suffering with this.

What !!!! the club has done everything in its power to rid this Club of its famous atmosphere :cry:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:55 pm

I will say i think we are wrong to blame the whole 'regime' for this

Nash and Jenkins have been given a free reign to make Cardiff City a 'safe'
place for fans. The Malaysians know nothing of atmosphere of the passion
or of the buzz we all get (got) from watching City.

So Nash and Jenkins, along with helpful hints from the OB have destroyed
the passion the Club was famous for, for their own ends. As has been pointed
out, Block A (where the alleged naughty boys amongst us all were supposed
to sit) was noisy, boisterous, passionate... Wolves/Birmingham etc all
performing in front of us.. not one City lad arrested. CCTV had done the job.

This pair of jumped up pricks are just trying to convince people its THEM
thats making the ground safe. its not.

The malaysians will suss it eventually, Sam will be on the case i reckon.

We dont need new songs, we dont need new chants or motivational videos
we just need the stewards to point people in the direction of their seats,
keep the aisles free and shut the f**k up. The rest will come naturally when
were all pissed up and excited!!!!!

and guess what... there'll be no arrests either

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:36 pm

taffyapple wrote:I will say i think we are wrong to blame the whole 'regime' for this

Jenkins is just a muppet sorry i meant puppet for the Malaysians and follows the instructions from above.

Nash, find him a nice bloke to be honest again just doing a job.

All instruction comes from the top.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:05 am

Daya wrote:
taffyapple wrote:I will say i think we are wrong to blame the whole 'regime' for this

Jenkins is just a muppet sorry i meant puppet for the Malaysians and follows the instructions from above.

Nash, find him a nice bloke to be honest again just doing a job.

All instruction comes from the top.

Just find that far-fetched. That the Malaysians have come in and been present at the
odd game where the atmosphere was rocking and said "you can stop all that for a start"?

More like they have got their heads buried in paperwork and business plans and for now
are leaving the 'less important' things to others. To the majority of us, the atmosphere
is everything. When they realise nobody gets arrested anymore irrespective of standing
chanting or anything else too 'boisterous' for Nash and Jenkins.. i reckon they'll do summat
about it.

as for Nash?

'Nice guys' dont piss down your back and tell you its raining