Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ARE WE REALLY CARDIFF CITY ANYMORE ? "

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:33 am

From Facebook

Ceri Gravenor
Just don't understand why half the ground up and left ... what sort of fans are they ????
29 minutes ago · Like

Gareth Staphnill
Spot on,the new ground has killed the atmosphere!!
31 minutes ago · Like

Andrew Bluebirdnips Parsells its in our blood, as cardiff fans we have been let down so many times before. its better to be negative and be proven wrong than be positive and be let down
30 minutes ago · Like

Anthony Eveleigh

the attmosphere has died a death its terrible,i had a mate from notts forest down hear and he said its no where near as good as ninian!hate saying it but the attmos down the liberty was amazing is it because its smaller god knows.?
16 minutes ago · Like

Neil Hasson

i think everyones waiting for the away team to equalise.didnt think atmosphere was that bad start of season.were gettin on average 5 to 6 thou more,new fans who dont really know the score,i believe it will get better.
10 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Jonathan Walker It's not the stadium, its the type of 'fan' that now fills it. Back in the mid 90s a crowd of less than 3,000 could generate as much noise.

Blaming the seating arrangment is pointless, questioning the bloke with a liverpool shirt on sitting ...
See more
9 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Neil Hasson we could relax when 3rd n 4th went in.still quiet tho.
7 minutes ago · Like

Andrew Bluebirdnips Parsells i think the stadium does have something to do with it acousticaly mind not seating wise
5 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Neil Hasson im in canton stand ,loads of young kids in there yestday and loads of seats in family stand empty.
about a minute ago · Like

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:37 am

im not saying bring back sam hammam, BUT when he was at the club he used the press perfectly to get the fans up for it, there was never a dull moment and the south wales echo was always behind the club getting everyone buzzing

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:38 am

I personally believe that over the last two seasons that the fans have felt too nervous to chant as it is imperative that we gain promotion this season. There is a lot of pressure on the players this season and I reckon the fans are feeling the pressure too.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:40 am

Mashy wrote:I personally believe that over the last two seasons that the fans have felt too nervous to chant as it is imperative that we gain promotion this season. There is a lot of pressure on the players this season and I reckon the fans are feeling the pressure too.

totally agree,

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:40 am

Mashy wrote:I personally believe that over the last two seasons that the fans have felt too nervous to chant as it is imperative that we gain promotion this season. There is a lot of pressure on the players this season and I reckon the fans are feeling the pressure too.

Mashy, But if We were their 12th Man, it would go a long way in helping them relax and hurt the opposition :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:42 am

Annis in all honesty I am heartbroken - my last game was the ipswich defeat I didnt go yesterday it is now a chore- I havent renewed my ST. I feel like the club I have loved/adored/worshipped unconditionally since I was kid has gone. I'm 39 and been going regular since I was 8. I find watching City painful win or lose these days . I never ever thought that this could happen or I would feel this way and I don't find any attraction in seeing premiership football with the City at the moment. If I move on so be it but this is painful.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:46 am

MikePT wrote:Annis in all honesty I am heartbroken - my last game was the ipswich defeat I didnt go yesterday it is now a chore- I havent renewed my ST. I feel like the club I have loved/adored/worshipped unconditionally since I was kid has gone. I'm 39 and been going regular since I was 8. I find watching City painful win or lose these days . I never ever thought that this could happen or I would feel this way and I don't find any attraction in seeing premiership football with the City at the moment. If I move on so be it but this is painful.

Its Sad for us to feel this way,after All those years it hurts even more, Were now 3rd in the league,23,000 Crowds and we feel this way :cry:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:56 am

From Facebook

Martin Sindy T Townley

Worse thing is the ammount of people who left before the end of the game, how can anyone expect the players to care when half the crowd can't even be bothered to stay till the end of the game
4 minutes ago · Unlike · 2 people

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:57 am

Its nothing to do with nerves, it is the plastics be they new fans, or people that will only celebrate when it suits them - I.e. When we score (the time we least need them to).

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:59 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Its nothing to do with nerves, it is the plastics be they new fans, or people that will only celebrate when it suits them - I.e. When we score (the time we least need them to).

Adam, Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:10 am

NN2Blue2 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" ARE WE REALLY CARDIFF CITY ANYMORE ? "

Being in that ground yesterday hearing the 500 Derby fans out sing us/take the mick out of us etc and at the time they were 4 nil down :shock: , thousands leaving early,it felt like we were the ones loosing. This is Not the Club I grew to Love and its Fans :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Team were Spot on Yesterday, what more could WE ASK FOR ?
NO WONDER SO MANY OLDER FANS DONT BOTHER ANYMORE, IF THIS IS THE FUTURE, I HONESTLY COULD GIVE UP.

Every fan around the country from Crystal palace/Derby to Millwall Dont understand how we have lost the Passion for Our club.
And Please Dont give it the Big One, Its HONESTLY THAT BAD.

you follow how you feel its a free world, to me yesterday it was good to get the points in the bag, but i followed my instinct and feelings and left, it wasnt a football thing as i headed for my local football club to see my mates there . in fact i think thats the only thing i enjoy these days is seeing my mates down the city and having a natter , theres no passion, feeling there anymore

The stadium emptied when we were 4-0 up? What the hell do people want?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:28 am

It's a sad state of affairs that I rather go away to watch the boys, the atmosphere away is 100% better than at home (true city fans), wether its 900 or 2000 following the team, we all give it large to the final whistle and nobody leaves.
Rolll on Donny next week, ticket and seat booked!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:32 am

Daya your absolutely right, the drink before the game is more exiting than going to the game, its becoming a bit of a chore going to the CCS these days, going away is still great though :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:38 am

ristey1927 wrote:im not saying bring back sam hammam, BUT when he was at the club he used the press perfectly to get the fans up for it, there was never a dull moment and the south wales echo was always behind the club getting everyone buzzing

Agree. but hes a football type person, we now have a f*cking idiot called Gethin Jenkins who knows f**k all apart from how to get shit on his tongue.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:59 am

Being in that ground yesterday hearing the 500 Derby fans out sing us/take the mick out of us etc and at the time they were 4 nil down :shock: , thousands leaving early,it felt like we were the ones loosing. This is Not the Club I grew to Love and its Fans :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

NO WONDER SO MANY OLDER FANS DONT BOTHER ANYMORE, IF THIS IS THE FUTURE, I HONESTLY COULD GIVE UP.

Every fan around the country from Crystal palace/Derby to Millwall Dont understand how we have lost the Passion for Our club.

Good post annis, i do however feel if we go up then the feel good factor COULD come back

If we fail then next season will be miserable

Il be there, whatever league, singing my heart out!

And im gettin a pole for my flag

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:09 pm

Have to admit Annis that I agree with you. People will take the piss by saying “show some PASSION” not having a dig at the other board but I have seen plenty of those comments, yet are these the type of fans that walk out of the stadium before the game has finished?

You support your club through thick and thin, and most importantly for the whole match. It really bugs me that fans piss off early from games, why spend the money attending when you don’t want to watch the whole match.

Yesterday we played some really good atmosphere, had a loud set of away fans yet we still can’t get an atmosphere going. At least our loyal fans sing loud and proud at away games.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:39 pm

most people have given up trying to create an atmosphere, everytime we stand and start singing we are told to sit down, city fans ain't going to sing sitting down, and also it's the banter between the home and away fans that creates an atmosphere ,that ain't going to happen when everyone is seated, and this 'family club of the year' shit makes to sick ,i have never been involved in hooliganism in all my years following city but i enjoyed the banter, and loved the fact that ninian park could be hostile and intimidating for visiting teams all thats gone, the club are only interested in the new fans what they don't realise is the the time we have a poor season mid table even most of these fans will be gone ,the club are alienating the fans that always followed city it's depressing

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:00 pm

it really annoys me that fans leave before the end of the game i have always stayed til the end whether we are winning or losing or drawing and all these plastic fans that have came in for the "Bellamy" factor that are the ones leaving early and dont care for the club as much as i do. I agree the atmosphere is a bit dodgy and isn't half as good as ninian but it was OK atmosphere but we need to get it bouncing it again starting with the next game lets do it my fellow bluebirds!!!!!!!!!!! We should have been bouncing after a performance like that!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D :D :D

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:33 pm

The biggest factor in the lack of atmosphere is jobsworth stewards along with the new fans.

We should have been buzzing yesterday at 4-0. At Ninian Park the palce would have been rocking.

Jenkins out.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:26 pm

I agree with all of the above, what gets me is when our players score, they don't look like they want to celebrate, after Bothroyd scored yesterday, I was hoping he'd be mobbed by team mates but there was nothing of that sort, just a simple punch in the air, now see what happens when Grant Holt of Norwich scores, Carrow road goes barmy and so do the players.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:37 pm

A bloke in front of me turned round to speak to me with 8 minutes to go and i said "f**k me you still here you re normally gone by now" with that the fucker got up and left :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:26 pm

Do we blame 'The Club'??? or certain individuals at the club?

People like Gethin Jenkins are 'rugby types'.. He thinks rugby supporters are
the f*cking bees knees and loves the friendly atmosphere. He is determined
to bring this mindset to the CCS.

However, Gethin, you cock-splash... Rugby is a TOTALLY different day out.

At a rugby match you can see the crowd turning round chatting to each other
all through the 'game'... because an 80 minute game lasts TWO hours... the
game is held up for scrums/line-outs/penalties/injuries. Even a drop out 22
takes about 4 times as long as a simple goal-kick in a football match. Rugby
is stop. stop. start. stop. Yes, the crowd get excited when the ball is moving
along the line, they might even stand up occasionally, they might even sing.
But most of the time, they are sat watching mauls, rucks, line-outs, scrums
THATS why they are accustomed to sitting down. Can you imagine the crowd
at a rugby match all standing and getting excited when a load of fat twats
get ready to 'crouch and hold... steady... steady... and ENGAGE!!!'.....Cosmic!!

Football is a more direct game, its faster, and as soon as your team is in the
opposition half the blood pressure rises... one pass, one shot and it could be
a goal. No wonder football supporters get excited, no wonder they stand, they
want to kick and head every ball. Can you imagine a rugby fan tearing his hair
out or 'ooing and aaahing' and holding his breath when Adam Jones breaks the
bind in a scrum. :lol: :lol:

See, its NOT funny really.

Jenkins has NO understanding of the passion of a Cardiff City Football supporter.
Nor, sadly, do some of the newbie supporters, many of whom are probably just
jumping on the bandwagon and their only prior knowledge of this club was that
the fans were all animals - bu now its safe!!

We can only hope the Malaysians eventually take note. The whole standing issue is
bullshit, as has been pointed out, nobody gets thrown out or told of for standing
at any other sporting event

I swear to god. I'd bring back Sam Hammam tomorrow.

Cos without something dramatic and drastic happening.. the Cardiff City I know
and love will be gone for good

And thats no exaggeration
Last edited by taffyapple on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 pm

I thought we were Cardiff City Athletic Football Club :oops: :?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:09 pm

don't want to make excuses but ONE way we will bring back the passion is with promotion. our support would wipe the floor with most prem clubs but i think being one of the better teams in the division...we expect a lot and fans don't get behind the team enough because maybe they think they don't need to play a big part and the players will do it all. in the prem we would obviously struggle against a lot of teams so the fans would give their full backing for 90 minutes. being in the championship seems to be killing us.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Agreed Annis. I hate our atmosphere and every set of supporters to come to our ground have sung "your support is f*cking shit" and even then our support hasten"t been embarrassed to start singing. Who is to blame ? The fans has definitely got to take respnsability to many plastic types wearing Liverpool shirts ETC. And the Club should take the majority of the blame they have made sure they have destroyed our atmosphere. Now it's up to us proper fans to turn it around. At away games we need to get some catchy songs going like Derby did yesterday that just keep going and going. Let's turn it on the club.

I agree with many posters on here that the atmosphere can be disappointing at CCS , and I have never understood why so many have the urge to leave early. I actually think it is worse for them to leave early when it is a close game (how many have left and missed an equaliser or winner?) than when the game is over as a contest , as it was yesterday.

I also don`t see why anyone would want to wear a Liverpool shirt to a City game (or a City or Jacks one to a Wales game for that matter).

But I really don`t understand the comment that the club "have made sure they have destroyed our atmosphere".How? What is it you feel they have done? If its moving to an all seater stadium , then surely you acknowledge that all clubs at our level have to do so , and it also provides far better facilities to attract badly needed increased attendances at home games to help fund the costs of running the club.

Also , there was a recent offer made by the club to help move fans next season from the blocks next to the away fans to the Canton end to help promote a "singing end" where all like minded fans could gather and help improve noise levels during the game , with a tolerant approach to standing in that area. This suggestion was heavily promoted on this messageboard with people being encouraged to move , and was supported by the 16 or so seperate travel group organisers , the Supporters Club and the Supporters Trust.

Doesn`t that show that the club listens to fans requests and ideas to improve the atmosphere? How many fans on here intend taking up the offer that they asked for?

Keith

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:51 pm

They were happy to push a suggestion which suited them and their goals.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:09 pm

since62 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Agreed Annis. I hate our atmosphere and every set of supporters to come to our ground have sung "your support is f*cking shit" and even then our support hasten"t been embarrassed to start singing. Who is to blame ? The fans has definitely got to take respnsability to many plastic types wearing Liverpool shirts ETC. And the Club should take the majority of the blame they have made sure they have destroyed our atmosphere. Now it's up to us proper fans to turn it around. At away games we need to get some catchy songs going like Derby did yesterday that just keep going and going. Let's turn it on the club.

I agree with many posters on here that the atmosphere can be disappointing at CCS , and I have never understood why so many have the urge to leave early. I actually think it is worse for them to leave early when it is a close game (how many have left and missed an equaliser or winner?) than when the game is over as a contest , as it was yesterday.

I also don`t see why anyone would want to wear a Liverpool shirt to a City game (or a City or Jacks one to a Wales game for that matter).

But I really don`t understand the comment that the club "have made sure they have destroyed our atmosphere".How? What is it you feel they have done? If its moving to an all seater stadium , then surely you acknowledge that all clubs at our level have to do so , and it also provides far better facilities to attract badly needed increased attendances at home games to help fund the costs of running the club.

Also , there was a recent offer made by the club to help move fans next season from the blocks next to the away fans to the Canton end to help promote a "singing end" where all like minded fans could gather and help improve noise levels during the game , with a tolerant approach to standing in that area. This suggestion was heavily promoted on this messageboard with people being encouraged to move , and was supported by the 16 or so seperate travel group organisers , the Supporters Club and the Supporters Trust.

Doesn`t that show that the club listens to fans requests and ideas to improve the atmosphere? How many fans on here intend taking up the offer that they asked for?

Keith

For one the old A block in the Ninian wanted to stay together. They were told that lot would never be allowed to buy season tickets together and they made sure they were split up. They have done everything to destroy the atmosphere. They have kept the old Grange end as far from the away supporters as possible.
BRING BACK SAM

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:28 pm

sam would shake the club up, sometimes i wish he was back for those reasons. passion seems to be gone these days. i was pleased when the club gave fans the option of the "singing section". great idea. how much interest has it generated?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:33 pm

The time our lads started with that stupid whooah ooahh chant copying the palace fans who in turn copied them fecking euro ultra wankers done it for me.

The new stadium just doesn't appeal to me and i dont envy anyone going there....it's shite.

I may go to the QPR game and BUrnley if it's shit or bust.

I will only go the play offs if we get the jack wankers.

I don't envy anyone going to the stadium on a saturday and I'd say half wouldn't go only they already have season tickets.

Sky's money as ruined the game at a spiritual level, the ob are cnuts at games and the law courts today are "kangaroo courts"....you're going down guilty or not guilty no matter what good record you have or even if you have put your life on the line for queen(the slut c**t) and country.

With dave jones in charge what does the future hld should we get promoted....humility that's what.

Take me back to the Eddie May era but that's not possible. What the club needs is someone like him who can generate a "togetherness" spirit because today we are just small pockets of different fan types scattered here and there.

Maybe it's just a settling in period at the new stadium but it's destroying what should be a carnival down there at the moment due to wanking fecking stewards who don't know their customers' requirements....we pay their fecking wages ffs.

Finally if anyone thinks it will get better should we be promoted then ook no urther than the "shed".......if you know where it was.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:35 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:They were happy to push a suggestion which suited them and their goals.

But wasn`t the idea of moving to the Canton end being heavily promoted and encouraged on here? From memory , there were several quite long threads on here about organising big blocks of season tickets next year in the Canton end so everyone could sit/stand together.

That`s why I am genuinely puzzled when people now seem to be having a go at the club on this specific issue when all the club seems to have done is go along with the requests of those same people.