Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ARE WE REALLY CARDIFF CITY ANYMORE ? "

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:48 am

" ARE WE REALLY CARDIFF CITY ANYMORE ? "

Being in that ground yesterday hearing the 500 Derby fans out sing us/take the mick out of us etc and at the time they were 4 nil down :shock: , thousands leaving early,it felt like we were the ones loosing. This is Not the Club I grew to Love and its Fans :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Team were Spot on Yesterday, what more could WE ASK FOR ?
NO WONDER SO MANY OLDER FANS DONT BOTHER ANYMORE, IF THIS IS THE FUTURE, I HONESTLY COULD GIVE UP.

Every fan around the country from Crystal palace/Derby to Millwall Dont understand how we have lost the Passion for Our club.
And Please Dont give it the Big One, Its HONESTLY THAT BAD.

Re: " ARE WE REALLY CARDIFF CITY ANYMORE ? "

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:" ARE WE REALLY CARDIFF CITY ANYMORE ? "

Being in that ground yesterday hearing the 500 Derby fans out sing us/take the mick out of us etc and at the time they were 4 nil down :shock: , thousands leaving early,it felt like we were the ones loosing. This is Not the Club I grew to Love and its Fans :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

NO WONDER SO MANY OLDER FANS DONT BOTHER ANYMORE, IF THIS IS THE FUTURE, I HONESTLY COULD GIVE UP.

Every fan around the country from Crystal palace/Derby to Millwall Dont understand how we have lost the Passion for Our club.

Totally agree mate - to put it simply it just aint the same anymore , havent really thought too much to the reasons why but it just aint the same and for me as i expressed earlier in the season the fire in the belly is nearly out now for me anyway.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:54 am

Isn't it a flaw at all football clubs though?

Look at the bigger clubs (excluding Liverpool) and there is no atmosphere. Arsenal just sit, watch and clap & Man UTD expect to steam roller sides but have no atmosphere either.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:56 am

I was in the family stand and round near me the atmosphere was pretty good, although a little nervous.

Re: " ARE WE REALLY CARDIFF CITY ANY MORE ? "

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:56 am

Sadly Annis I agree
All New stadiums are built the same
I takes afew seasons for people to get the atmosphere going
Our new fans are anew type maybe good or bad
But years ago fans would all stay until the end
It willl get better and the PREM might give us all the kick up the arse :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
The boys looked better yesterday
But the atmosphere was average

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:00 am

i think it goes far deeper than just the match day non atmosphere , the Club themselves don't give a shit , are full of arrogance and it shows and feeds through the ranks.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:02 am

ABLOCKBLUE wrote:Sadly Annis I agree
It willl get better and the PREM might give us all the kick up the arse :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i have to confess i left with 20 minutes to go , game was won and couldn't be arsed to stay

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:03 am

Daya wrote:

Totally agree mate - to put it simply it just aint the same anymore , havent really thought too much to the reasons why but it just aint the same and for me as i expressed earlier in the season the fire in the belly is nearly out now for me anyway.

Dayo,

You were Spot on what you Said earlier in the Season.
Yesterday My Wife rang me,while she was waiting out on the main road and said where was I, I Said its only the 82nd Minute, She said but I thought it had finished there are thousands out here. If you add on the extra 6 minutes I would say upto 5,000 had gone with 14 minutes to go, You would of thought We were loosing 4 nil. The Atmosphere was worse than when we use to get hammered 6-1 at home to Cambridge, I dont care what people say about My next Comment, What type of Fan have We got now, Gethin Jenkins Calls these the Real Fans, WELL HE CAN STICK THEM UP HIS ARSE.
I spoke to Pompey fans on Monday night in Majorca, they said when they got promoted the Loyal Fans got pushed out by their Club, Now the Club are BEgging for them back as the New Real Fan HAS DESERTED.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:05 am

ABLOCKBLUE wrote:Sadly Annis I agree

W keep trying but, it seems to be falling on deaf ears, even Dibbs who sings his heart out, Has virtually given up trying to get an Atmosphere.
WE Asked for a good Performance and The Team Gave us One :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , But We Never showed Our Appreciation :cry:

ANNIS, the only time Norwich cheered yesterday was when the scored! Their atmosphere is crap too. Seems to me that Leeds still cream of the crop in this division for crowds and atmosphere! :-(

The stadium emptied when we were 4-0 up? What the hell do people want?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:06 am

Merlin wrote:ANNIS, the only time Norwich cheered yesterday was when the scored! Their atmosphere is crap too. Seems to me that Leeds still cream of the crop in this division for crowds and atmosphere! :-(

Craig, Norwich were like that in the 80's/90's, In the 70/80/90/ Cardiff City Fans were Always Vocal.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:08 am

NN2Blue2 wrote:

The stadium emptied when we were 4-0 up? What the hell do people want?

WE BEGGED FOR A GOOD PERFORMANCE and NOT ONLY DID WE GET THAT, WE GOT 4 GOALS TO GO WITH IT. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:

WE BEGGED FOR A GOOD PERFORMANCE and NOT ONLY DID WE GET THAT, WE GOT 4 GOALS TO GO WITH IT. :ayatollah:

without chops

in the last 2 games we have scored 7 goals

we can deffo score goals there's no doubt about that. even 2 of our defenders got on the scoresheet today :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:10 am

I honestly think it’s not that bad. So what if a few Derby fans continually clapped and did the conga towards the end of a game where their team had been stuffed?

That was a few minutes out of the 90+ and for the rest of the time the Ninian easily out sang them.

That said things are not perfect and there could be a greater effort from other parts of the ground. Why not bring back that Ninian Park chant asking the Grandstand, Canton etc individually to do 'the Ayatollah?'

I also remember Gwyn suggesting that next season there could be a rivalry between the North/South and East/West in the Canton Stand as a way of improving the atmosphere.

What I don't understand is why can't we have that rivalry between the Ninian and Canton now? Egg each other on, may be each stand could have their own song :lol:

Seriously though there are plenty of simple things which could be done.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:13 am

Agreed Annis. I hate our atmosphere and every set of supporters to come to our ground have sung "your support is f*cking shit" and even then our support hasten"t been embarrassed to start singing. Who is to blame ? The fans has definitely got to take respnsability to many plastic types wearing Liverpool shirts ETC. And the Club should take the majority of the blame they have made sure they have destroyed our atmosphere. Now it's up to us proper fans to turn it around. At away games we need to get some catchy songs going like Derby did yesterday that just keep going and going. Let's turn it on the club.

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I honestly think it’s not that bad. So what if a few Derby fans continually clapped and did the conga towards the end of a game where their team had been stuffed?

That was a few minutes out of the 90+ and for the rest of the time the Ninian easily out sang them.

That said things are not perfect and there could be a greater effort from other parts of the ground. Why not bring back that Ninian Park chant asking the Grandstand, Canton etc individually to do 'the Ayatollah?'

I also remember Gwyn suggesting that next season there could be a rivalry between the North/South and East/West in the Canton Stand as a way of improving the atmosphere.

What I don't understand is why can't we have that rivalry between the Ninian and Canton now? Egg each other on, may be each stand could have their own song :lol:

Seriously though there are plenty of simple things which could be done.

Tony, I Honestly believe it is that bad, But You are right there are plenty of Simple things that could be done, But the Club are not interested one bit that I can promise you, Just Ask Carl or Gwyn.

yes atmosphere was appalling great win aswell ithought i was going to funeral walking out we won 4 1 ffs its no wonder i get drunk before a game some of these plastics are misrable bastards i wonder how many will come back next season if we dont go up :roll: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:14 am

Yes, but we are Cardiff City 2011 not Cardiff City 1993 (or 1927 for that matter)

As I've said before, times have changed, society has changed and football crowds have changed. If you've paid your money you can come and go as you please.

When I started watching in the 1960s, people were looking back fondly to the days when you could go to a game without the threat of hooliganism and 50,000 turned up on a regular basis ( a high percentage of those must have seen next to nothing). Times had changed for them too.

Some mitigating factors for yesterday:-
i) We have had some indifferent performances recently - the crowd were nervous that we might mess it up again.
ii) We went from 1-0 to 4-0 very quickly - the game was over - the players played out time for the last 20 minutes
iii) Derby were awful - no threat at all for most of the game
iv)4 added minutes in the first half and 6 in the second - people leaving early for buses/trains couldn't stay? Perhaps.
v) 2 long injury delays, especially the one in the second half, meant the game lost momentum and the youngsters with the short attention span wanted to go home to their xbox.

On a personal note, I am glad I stayed till the end as I had 25/1 on us winning 4-1! Mind you, I would have happily given up my winnings in exchange for watching a Savage penalty miss!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:14 am

glammy74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

without chops

in the last 2 games we have scored 7 goals

we can deffo score goals there's no doubt about that. even 2 of our defenders got on the scoresheet today :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Glammy
Fantastic on the pitch yesterday, Could not Ask for more :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:15 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Agreed Annis. I hate our atmosphere and every set of supporters to come to our ground have sung "your support is f*cking shit" and even then our support hasten"t been embarrassed to start singing. Who is to blame ? The fans has definitely got to take respnsability to many plastic types wearing Liverpool shirts ETC. And the Club should take the majority of the blame they have made sure they have destroyed our atmosphere. Now it's up to us proper fans to turn it around. At away games we need to get some catchy songs going like Derby did yesterday that just keep going and going. Let's turn it on the club.

Steve,

Our Kids want Atmosphere and if there is none most wont keep going.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:15 am

bakircioglu wrote:Isn't it a flaw at all football clubs though?

Look at the bigger clubs (excluding Liverpool) and there is no atmosphere. Arsenal just sit, watch and clap & Man UTD expect to steam roller sides but have no atmosphere either.

Liverpool? Another one who buys into the myth. More often than not Anfield is a morgue unless it's a game against United, Chelsea or Everton. Liverpool fans are, however, indulged by the media hence people like you think Anfield is an all singing all dancing arena every game. It's not.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:16 am

I had a football banning order against me earlier this year but my solicitor got the home game ban removed. I went down the swansea game and to be honest I ain't been down since! That was the worst defeat I have ever experienced against the jacks. Not because of how we lost or how we are so close in the league but it was then that I realised it has changed, the passion had gone. We have never been out sung by the scum like we did that day. And to be honest I haven't seen anything that would make me want to go back.

The biggest issue in my eyes is that at Ninian park I had spent 12 years as a season ticket holder growing friendships with people I'd never bump into in my normal walk of life. But at CCS our first season there we had a family sat in front of us every game kids running around not interested in the game etc. It does stop you singing by not being around like minded people. It is now seen as a family day out. I can remember going down the city and you could count the number of women on one hand. Now I am not saying women shouldnt go or kids shouldnt go but by having them in an area it does alter how decent people behave! Plus when I was I kid 12-13 years old it was my first taste of freedom we could go down there sign do what we wanted to do pretty much and if you did step out of line too much you'd be told but in a way that you'd have the Pisa taken out of you and not being told off.

To sum it all up; the football has become a lot like society today just too middle of the road. Too many laws, you can't stand. Why not? I can go to Germany and stand in a football stadium. I can go to cricket and stand rugby and stand. Why not football. Then you will get like minded people having the freedom to go where they want. You dont have to worry about sitting in the right seat etc.

It isn't fun anymore!!!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:18 am

I wouldn't go as far to say it was poor. I think its average but also the expantancy of going up is making everyone nervous. At home the stewards don't help especially in 118 as i like to call them ( the stewards ) the sit down squad. I thought yesterday the banter between us and the derby fans was good at times. But have a look at our true supporter when we go away. I can honestly hold my hand up and say yes we have the best away fans in whole football association. We generate so much Passion belief and noise it makes you proud to be a Cardiff fan . Comments from Bothroyd and Whittingham have openly said that the away support is better than home. I think moving from ninian park was a sad day for the true fan but unfortunate as it was it was something that was inevitable. That ground. WAS the 12 th man before a ball was kicked. It has something special about it and that was the Passionate Fan. So be it as it is we will always be CARDIFF CITY but at home just a simmering version waiting to go up. But away from home we will always TAKE THE PISS and enjoy doing it. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:18 am

bluebird58 wrote:Yes, but we are Cardiff City 2011 not Cardiff City 1993 (or 1927 for that matter)

As I've said before, times have changed, society has changed and football crowds have changed. If you've paid your money you can come and go as you please.

When I started watching in the 1960s, people were looking back fondly to the days when you could go to a game without the threat of hooliganism and 50,000 turned up on a regular basis ( a high percentage of those must have seen next to nothing). Times had changed for them too.

Some mitigating factors for yesterday:-
i) We have had some indifferent performances recently - the crowd were nervous that we might mess it up again.
ii) We went from 1-0 to 4-0 very quickly - the game was over - the players played out time for the last 20 minutes
iii) Derby were awful - no threat at all for most of the game
iv)4 added minutes in the first half and 6 in the second - people leaving early for buses/trains couldn't stay? Perhaps.
v) 2 long injury delays, especially the one in the second half, meant the game lost momentum and the youngsters with the short attention span wanted to go home to their xbox.

On a personal note, I am glad I stayed till the end as I had 25/1 on us winning 4-1! Mind you, I would have happily given up my winnings in exchange for watching a Savage penalty miss!

Well Done on your Bet :ayatollah: :ayatollah: I Won a Big bet on City just to Win .
I agree Hooligan thing is long gone, we have moved on and its History :ayatollah:
I am not talking about that, I am talking about a NEED FOR A FOOTBALL ATMOSPHERE, If 2011 means there is not one, then I hate it down there and thats not why I fell in Love with Cardiff City. :cry:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:22 am

Starting to hate many people sitting near me. Don't have a clue about football and are devoid of passion. One poisonous little dwarf doesn't even celebrate when we score, and sits when everyones standing. Ass. These are the types that Jenkins is brown noseing, the lap dog prick. There was a time(I'm 23) when you liked people that sat near you. Not anymore.

Its only gonna get worse if we get in the Premiership, UNLESS we get the cancer removed from our club.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:26 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Starting to hate many people sitting near me. Don't have a clue about football and are devoid of passion. One poisonous little dwarf doesn't even celebrate when we score, and sits when everyones standing. Ass. These are the types that Jenkins is brown noseing, the lap dog prick. There was a time(I'm 23) when you liked people that sat near you. Not anymore.

Its only gonna get worse if we get in the Premiership, UNLESS we get the cancer removed from our club.

Adam, Come and Sit by US :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There was a Stag do from Scotland down yesterday, they said to me they had decided to watch US in the day as for years they had heard WE HAD THE BEST ATMOSPHERE IN THE COUNTRY, I Saw them later and they said their was a better atmospheres at places like Dundee with 4-5,000 Crowds :cry: :cry:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:26 am

annis we were talking about this yesterday mate, i think that Cardiff City needs to build bridges and work with the local media to get everyone feeling more positive about the club, maybe that would inject some passion into the fans ???

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:29 am

ristey1927 wrote:

annis we were talking about this yesterday mate, i think that Cardiff City needs to build bridges and work with the local media to get everyone feeling more positive about the club, maybe that would inject some passion into the fans ???

I agree, Gwyn and Carl keep trying, but they seem to be BANGING THEIR HEADS AGAINST A BRICK WALL WITH Jenkins.
You said to me how you use to get excited about going, now you dont, thats sad.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:29 am

Does anyone think its got something to do with the choice of songs and the duration of songs that Ali plays before the match?
Hey Jude is cut short for some crappy drumming music, and we never hear "Oh i've never felt more like singing the blues.....into you are my sunshine" any more, and all the other Cardiff songs, The club seem to have a mission to get us all to sing With my little pick and shovel i'll be there, but since that song has been made of it, we don't sing it any more because they play the instrumental and we are all waiting for the words to come in!
I really think its something to do with this.
:ayatollah: