Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: mcphail

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:05 pm

McPhail had an excellent 60 minutes. We totally dominated the centre of midfield. Savage and his partner were chasing shadows.

The problem with McPhail though is he still doesnt seem 100% fit, he fades really badly and his passing seems to go in the last 20-30, hence the desperate , frustrated tackles like todays.

He's got a superb ability to know what to do with the ball before it gets to him and knocks fantastic short and long passes. he's class in that aspect. Like the rest of the midfielders in the club he has limitations, he hasnt got a big engine, his shooting is poor and he dives in. I can name a similar no. of weaknesse sfor the others as well mind !

DJ just needs to get the balance right and he DID yesterday. I thought though that he should have brought McPhail off rather than (say) Bothroyd or Bellamy.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:12 pm

ristey1927 wrote:lets hope mcphail dosnt read this :oops: :oops: :oops:

Why? :roll:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:17 pm

He's always been a Jones favourite.

Jones will try to accomodate Mcphail into his midfield whenever he can.

Can play some great pases but now becoming more of a liabiliy than an asset.

Can't head, can't tackle properly, slow and ponderous, gives away free kicks in dangerous positions.

Who can forget what happened at Wembly last year when he gave away an unnecessary free kick just outside the box?

Not good enough anymore.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:17 pm

McPhail is good imo, he hasnt had much games this season :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Also he has to be the most one footed player I have ever seen. I cannot remember seeing him ever pass the ball with his right foot. He will twist and turn for as long as it's necessary to get the ball onto his left foot.

Must also have the worst goal scoring record of any midfielder for the City who has played as many games as he has.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:McPhail is good imo, he hasnt had much games this season :ayatollah:

Theres a reason for that Chief !! He's shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:McPhail is good imo, he hasnt had much games this season :ayatollah:

Theres a reason for that Chief !! He's shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

i thought it was cause of the cancer he had chief sherrif

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:22 pm

englishbluebird wrote:ok he had a shocker but has played particularly well in other games and recived no praise,for me JET in centre mid would not work,he needs space and time and is not a great ball winner
may be mcphails last season with us but at the moment hes the best option for the position,

totally agree, ive seen nothing in JETs performances to suggest he is capable of playing CM

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:He is shit, has always been shit and he causes us to be shit. 3 weeks ago the 3rd anniversary of his last goal for us past, a shocking stat for a Central Midfielder. My message is for Christ sake Jones when will you wake up to just how crap this player is?

Well said Tony :ayatollah: