Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

hats off to derby fans,

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:47 pm

maybe we could try and support the team likethey did, with 20 odd thousand there the roof would come off :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: hats off to derby fans,

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:55 pm

we are the same when we go away its one of those things

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:59 pm

evans above wrote:we are the same when we go away its one of those things

yes agreed,but if only we could get something going for a full 90 minutes :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

krab wrote:maybe we could try and support the team likethey did, with 20 odd thousand there the roof would come off :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Rubbish! when we are AWAY from home - we do alot better than that shower of shite!

yeah thats true. we're like that when we go away its just good to see that they kept it going and made a decent atmopshere unlike 95% of teams that come down.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:05 pm

couldnt hear them from the Canton, Although their conga was great :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:07 pm

Merlin wrote:
krab wrote:maybe we could try and support the team likethey did, with 20 odd thousand there the roof would come off :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Rubbish! when we are AWAY from home - we do alot better than that shower of shite!

they kept it going for the full 90 minutes,started to get on my nerves,maybe your hearing aint to good :D :D :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:08 pm

their fans were superb today, their team were absolutley shit but they kept supporting them for the whole game and didn't once boo and get on their backs some of our fans should do the same and support the team whether we are winning ,losing or drawing

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:10 pm

They've all probably been driven to insanity after being subjected to that pile of shite football for the season! I feel for them. I have always had a soft spot for Derby but right now their team is going nowhere.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:29 pm

If we were playin away and we were 4-0 down i would question as to why our fans were doin the conga? Fair enuf u support your team for the whole game but use your head FFS.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:If we were playin away and we were 4-0 down i would question as to why our fans were doin the conga? Fair enuf u support your team for the whole game but use your head FFS.

what should they have done,put heads in hands,they were making the most of a bad day :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:37 pm

krab wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:If we were playin away and we were 4-0 down i would question as to why our fans were doin the conga? Fair enuf u support your team for the whole game but use your head FFS.

what should they have done,put heads in hands,they were making the most of a bad day :ayatollah:

True,maybe your right im just thinkin they looked a bit too happy for a team that just got smahed :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Credit to their club and they still get massive home attendences each week.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:19 pm

lewis91 wrote:yeah thats true. we're like that when we go away its just good to see that they kept it going and made a decent atmopshere unlike 95% of teams that come down.

We didn't at Forest or Palace Chief. We are getting just as bad away as at home. IMO

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Kevin they were Fantastic, 4 nil down and out singing us.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:29 pm

The fat lump who got slung outcould out sing us on his own in the last 15 minutes.

It was difficult to see which team was winning 4 nil. The players and home crowd went to sleep with 15 minutes to go.

Good to get 3 points.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:31 pm

you might have heard them if you were right by them , but i heard them once, singing a england song, im over in the grandstand, and didnt here anything from them,?

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:41 pm

[quote="krab"]maybe we could try and support the team likethey did, with 20 odd thousand there the roof would come off :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote. I think with almost all clubs now the away support is far better than when they play at home. Even for clubs like Man Utd. Sad but that's seems to be way it has gone since all seater grounds (god I hate them being called stadiums) and the new breed of supporters. Very welcome supporters but not broughtvip on the terraces like we were.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:22 am

ninianblue wrote:you might have heard them if you were right by them , but i heard them once, singing a england song, im over in the grandstand, and didnt here anything from them,?

That's fair enough. We don't ever hear the Grandstand make a sound from the ninian, but from where we were the Derby fans didn't stop all game. All credit to them as far as I'm concerned, especially with how bad their team was!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:05 am

Claire wrote:
ninianblue wrote:you might have heard them if you were right by them , but i heard them once, singing a england song, im over in the grandstand, and didnt here anything from them,?

That's fair enough. We don't ever hear the Grandstand make a sound from the ninian, but from where we were the Derby fans didn't stop all game. All credit to them as far as I'm concerned, especially with how bad their team was!

I was diagonally opposite the Derby fans today. I did not hear a thing from them or from the Ninian. Then Canton was buzzing compared ot what I am use to when I sit in my seat in the Ninian though. It was strange seeing the blocks behind the goal all standing for 90 minutes.

We have not gone down this line yet but one o fthe main problems with CCS is the acoustics of the ground. Even the old Grandstand A chaps would have been drowned out by the infrastructure of CCS. That perhaps is the problem we have.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:13 am

i still think a band would be a great idea :D :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:18 am

f**k the band the day that happens the day I leave for the final time.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Claire wrote:

They were really good yesterday, credit to their club.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Yeah!! Lets all do a conga when our team are playing shit, 4-1 down and being dragged into a relegation fight! Credit to all the derby fans who dug deep and traveled down to south wales to watch that shite there team fed them.. AND DONE A CONGA aswell lol

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Yeah!! Lets all do a conga when our team are playing shit, 4-1 down and being dragged into a relegation fight! Credit to all the derby fans who dug deep and traveled down to south wales to watch that shite there team fed them.. AND DONE A CONGA aswell lol

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
lewis91 wrote:yeah thats true. we're like that when we go away its just good to see that they kept it going and made a decent atmopshere unlike 95% of teams that come down.

We didn't at Forest or Palace Chief. We are getting just as bad away as at home. IMO

i see where your coming from but usually we are very good. our support is becoming a bit shit in all fairness but there was been the odd few away games where it has been a bit poor. happens to every team but our home support is shocking.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:55 pm

the blue path wrote:their fans were superb today, their team were absolutley shit but they kept supporting them for the whole game and didn't once boo and get on their backs some of our fans should do the same and support the team whether we are winning ,losing or drawing

Most of them wasn't even watching the game. So they were indifferent to what was happening on the pitch.