Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: to the stewards that threw the derby topless lad out,

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Stewards are using that 'control room' excuse for things that they never did before.

3 more bloody games before most in the ninian move to the canton, at a crucial time of the season. Stewards, club, Get A bloody Grip

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:07 pm

djd wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:i thought the stewards were out of line at times,they werent happy when the derby lot did the conga,very harmless and hardly the potential for a mass incident.
the way they all piled in and grabbed that fella like he was an animal was bang out of order

i didnt have a problem with the conga line i thought it was rather funny and if they had planned it properly it would have been very good, but they all ended up in the top corner so we asked them to go back to their seats which the vast majority did, but there is always one who spoils the party and he objected to going to his seats and started throwing punches at anyone end everyone, he fought with the stewards all th way down the steps and all the way into the car park where the police had to restrain him so i didnt really think it was out of order the way he was thrown out. and the topless guy spurring the derby fans on that was a request from the control room so dont blame the boys on the ground.

4-0 down they were just trying to enjoy themseves :P , they were singing all game and seemed to be having a great time. But all they will remember is the heavy handed jobs worth stewards :evil: . Im afraid to say they would be right to feel very hard done, all we seem to hear in that end of the ground is sit down :old: , sit down :old: , sit down or you'll be out :old: :old: . These Joeys in their hi vests have realy spoilt this season for me. I dont think you have to look much further than the stewards to see why the passion has gone from the ground. To say it was the control room :oops: we are only following orders heard that defence before and it was bollocks then too.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

ok you tell me where ive said i will stop people from enjoying themselves all i ask is that you follow and dont break the ground regulations its not a big ask really is it, the same rules apply in every ground across the country, Ninian Park had the the same rules its nothing new.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I am not saying you personally Chief you may well be a tidy bloke. I was in the family stand and what i saw all i could see was Derby fans having fun. Were they hooligans ? No were they ripping the seats up ? No . Were they having fun ? Yes. were they doing any one any harm ? No. It seems no one is happy stopping Hooliganism and they wont be happy until everyone sits down don't talk just sit and watch and just look at the Stewards at total awe and respect and fear that if we step out of line you will appear with a big stick.

i know your not aiming things at me directly but as you can understand this kind of stuff really annoys me and no you are right i wouldnt have called the derby fans yesterday hooligans apart from one guy who just out of the blue started throwing punches at everyone and anything he could, ill defend throwing that guy out to the hilt. But the stewards didnt have an issue with alot of things yesterday the conga line was fine we all had a good laugh at that the only issue was when they all ended trapped in the top corner and that wasnt a hooligan issue that was purely a safety issue which needed to be resolved. The topless guy not sure why he was thrown out i would have directed him back to his seat but there are a number of issues which may have resulted in him being thrown which had nothing to do with him running from one end of the stand to the other.

Him falling over was pure class :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was good entertainment, no need to throw him out at all, completely harmless.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:22 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:
krab wrote:why,he was having a laugh,no more,he was entertainment,the stewards must step back and relax a little bit more,mind you he had an offensive belly :D :ayatollah:

i no made me laff when all ninian stand booed for kicking him out i thought they where good today derby fans made some noise to be fair to them

As a wild guess, you're not very good at english language are you ?

Thats a tad harsh.

Not everyone is good at typing or even writing for that matter. But it doesn't matter, its clear what he meant. Thats the type of comment that goes on all the time on CCMB.

You may have better grammar than him, but he's probably "longer" in the shower than you, thats how the world works! :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:43 pm

Dont want rock the boat here, but yesterday with 20 mins to go i went to the toilet, didnt fancy the climb back up to the top left corner of Ninian, so asked a steward if i could stand on the steps next to him, and watch the last 15mins or so.

Fair play, he said no, but showed me to an empty seat centre of Ninian 5 rows from pitch side, he said its been vacant all game, he could see i was a bit wobbly, so fair play to the man and thanks who ever you are...
All the rest should be shot... JOKE!!!
Nah thanks again men.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:45 pm

I love this

"I was just following orders" :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Gestapo and the SS said the same thing at Nuremburg.

Fact is, there are too many dickheads in their yellow jackets who probably aint
hard enough to be bouncers and aint clever (or sneaky enough) to be coppers.

They thrive on the perceived power they are given.

If you replaced the stewards with coppers, the police would tell the control room
to f**k off half the time. They'd say they had better things to do than AGITATE
the crowd by ejecting a fat bloke with no top on. Coppers would stand back and
only get involved IF THERE WAS A LIKELIHOOD OF TROUBLE

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:13 pm

taffyapple wrote:I love this

If you replaced the stewards with coppers, the police would tell the control room

why are stewards being referred to nazis again theres a big difference between a club steward and a nazi, i dont like being called a nazi and dont like being associated with it, luckily enough for me i dont where a yellow jacket so maybe im exempt from it. but im still appalled buy the lack respect stewards do get, i havent changed since my days in ninian park in the way i work so what has changed your opinion. Actually ejections from the crowd have decreased since weve moved stadiums but maybe you notice them more because we dont have terraces anymore.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:27 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:I love this

why are stewards being referred to nazis again theres a big difference between a club steward and a nazi, i dont like being called a nazi and dont like being associated with it, luckily enough for me i dont where a yellow jacket so maybe im exempt from it. but im still appalled buy the lack respect stewards do get, i havent changed since my days in ninian park in the way i work so what has changed your opinion. Actually ejections from the crowd have decreased since weve moved stadiums but maybe you notice them more because we dont have terraces anymore.

lack of respect???? THEY ARE BELLENDS!! they always have a go at me when im singing, its cause i f*cking look 12 even though im 17 :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
lack of respect???? THEY ARE BELLENDS!! they always have a go at me when im singing, its cause i f*cking look 12 even though im 17 :lol:

and why should i respect your opinion if all your going to say is 'your a bellend'

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:40 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

and why should i respect your opinion if all your going to say is 'your a bellend'

not looking for respect mate, just i dont like the way the stewards actually control the crowd, and yes the club has a big say in it but still. Seems like sometimes they instigate things so people get chucked out.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

not looking for respect mate, just i dont like the way the stewards actually control the crowd, and yes the club has a big say in it but still. Seems like sometimes they instigate things so people get chucked out.

couldnt disagree with you more ive said in a previous post about in reality how good cardiffs stewards are compared to other clubs, but in my poinion this is just another example of cardiffs attitude we will do what we want when we want and screw the consequences and when the consequences do land in our laps we will moan like girls and have a temper tantrum.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:49 pm

that reply made me laugh, right im owning up on a few occasions i shouldve got chucked out, but a few times for singign ive been threatened and it pissed me off. Some stewards are tidy and i have a laugh with so i think ill rephrase what i meant

SOME stewards are bellends and SOME are tidy.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:that reply made me laugh, right im owning up on a few occasions i shouldve got chucked out, but a few times for singign ive been threatened and it pissed me off. Some stewards are tidy and i have a laugh with so i think ill rephrase what i meant

agree. the stewards are there to do their job and we have to respect that but it seems to most people they are trying to ruin the match day experience for most fans when nothing wrong is being done by anyone. most people in 117/116 want to stand up and i haven't witnessed anyone moan about that until you come over to 115/114 etc where there are fans who want to sit down. i think the club needs to have a word about the stewarding because it's becoming a joke.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:that reply made me laugh, right im owning up on a few occasions i shouldve got chucked out, but a few times for singign ive been threatened and it pissed me off. Some stewards are tidy and i have a laugh with so i think ill rephrase what i meant

fair enough cardiff employ alot of stewards not of all them are perfect but im pretty sure their in the minority otherwise i wouldnt work there and id go back to being just a fan.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:54 pm

lewis91 wrote:

agree. the stewards are there to do their job and we have to respect that but it seems to most people they are trying to ruin the match day experience for most fans when nothing wrong is being done by anyone. most people in 117/116 want to stand up and i haven't witnessed anyone moan about that until you come over to 115/114 etc where there are fans who want to sit down. i think the club needs to have a word about the stewarding because it's becoming a joke.

:ayatollah:

i havent got a problem with people wanting to sit down, just they should realise that being by the away fans there will (or should) be alot of singing and banter

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:00 pm

lewis91 wrote:

but we are only stewarding to the rulings the club give us the reason stewards are hitting 117/118 so hard about standing is because the stadium management dont want you to stand there everyone knows this its not a secret, they want all the singers and people who want to stand in the canton stand and untill someone gives in thats how its going to be.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:00 pm

exactly. i can't believe we put up with it honestly. i know a lot of people don't put up with it but the club doesn't realise what they are doing to the fans. sort it out!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:01 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
lewis91 wrote:

but we are only stewarding to the rulings the club give us the reason stewards are hitting 117/118 so hard about standing is because the stadium management dont want you to stand there everyone knows this its not a secret, they want all the singers and people who want to stand in the canton stand and untill someone gives in thats how its going to be.

i did say the club has a big say and a big part in it cause they are your employers and they run the club, its just the way that SOME stewards actually stewards annoys me. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:10 pm

I just do not see how it is acceptable for fans in the Ninian, 116 117 118 in particular, to be treated like bloody idiots by club employees.

How is it okay for the home fans at Forest, Swansea, Qpr, Watford, etc to stand by the away fans in their particular grounds yet we cannot. We are subject to the same rules, and you stewards act like every club in Britain treats their fans to these rules, but they don't. I don't care what the control room says, as far as I'm concerned you are all to blame and are a blight on our club. Every steward down the front of 117 REVELS and REJOICES when they get to ruin a few peoples day by stopping them singing and standing.

Disgraceful.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:17 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I just do not see how it is acceptable for fans in the Ninian, 116 117 118 in particular, to be treated like bloody idiots by club employees.

How is it okay for the home fans at Forest, Swansea, Qpr, Watford, etc to stand by the away fans in their particular grounds yet we cannot. We are subject to the same rules, and you stewards act like every club in Britain treats their fans to these rules, but they don't. I don't care what the control room says, as far as I'm concerned you are all to blame and are a blight on our club. Every steward down the front of 117 REVELS and REJOICES when they get to ruin a few peoples day by stopping them singing and standing.

Disgraceful.

well said mate. i want to move from 115 to 116 or 117 but i'm not 100% sure if i want to especially when the club claims they are going to come down heavily on standing etc. i think they are all mouth but i totally agree with your comparison with forest, qpr etc. i don't see why OUR club is ruining our match day experience and being very harsh on little "issues" when 90% of the other teams are not doing the same. something needs to be done. home games are becoming a crap experience.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:23 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I just do not see how it is acceptable for fans in the Ninian, 116 117 118 in particular, to be treated like bloody idiots by club employees.

Disgraceful.

complain to the club none of you are looking at the big picture your just looking at the first problem right in front of you. If Forest, Swansea, QPR, Watford etc allow their fans to stand by segregation areas you need to ask why wont cardiff and its not the steward who earns £30 a game who makes these decisions, its the stadium management so dont aim your aggression at the stewards aim a little bit higher

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:28 pm

I am quite disapointed to be ejected I was enjoying myself. The stewards were not very good as I was to quick for them and was able to get back in ;) but Tango from Sheff Weds does this every away game and always remains in the ground. Thanks for you support Cardiff Fans :)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Jonny, I agree with some of that. However, what about those stewards I've mentioned who actually rejoice and are gleeful in their success of threatening people? They DO NOT act like its just their job, they gain great oy from ordering and threatening people. Not the actions of people who are just doing what they are told.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:29 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

Disgraceful.

complain to the club none of you are looking at the big picture your just looking at the first problem right in front of you. If Forest, Swansea, QPR, Watford etc allow their fans to stand by segregation areas you need to ask why wont cardiff and its not the steward who earns £30 a game who makes these decisions, its the stadium management so dont aim your aggression at the stewards aim a little bit higher

mate, we agree with you, we're just saying, or im just saying, that >>>>>>SOME<<<<<< stewards are right bellends!! and >>>>>>>SOME<<<<<<< are tidy, ive had a chat with a few and they were tidy.

and i even ADMITTED that i deserved to get chuck out a few times when i nearly did.

the club are trying to get that family award which is why they are strict.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:42 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Jonny, I agree with some of that. However, what about those stewards I've mentioned who actually rejoice and are gleeful in their success of threatening people? They DO NOT act like its just their job, they gain great oy from ordering and threatening people. Not the actions of people who are just doing what they are told.

well complain about them to lol, look i dont like stewards who seem to have a power complex as much as you dont because it makes me look bad and i like to think im fair but i will stand my ground and i can be harsh if i need to be. If stewards actually enjoy throwing fans out they shouldnt have the job. Ok i do enjoy having the little bit of power your given and the responsibility that comes with being a steward but i dont abuse it. I love being a football steward i get a great kick out of it i enjoy being around fans and all the banter plus being paid to watch your favourite football team is always a bonus. I especially love working away games the buzz you get is increased by 10 because you always know that your in for an interesting day when cardiff are away. Thats just me i know alot of stewards who are like me but im sure there are bad stewards same as most jobs i suppose.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:00 pm

DerbyBellyDancer wrote:I am quite disapointed to be ejected I was enjoying myself. The stewards were not very good as I was to quick for them and was able to get back in ;) but Tango from Sheff Weds does this every away game and always remains in the ground. Thanks for you support Cardiff Fans :)

Hey up Chief welcome to our forum. Must admit i pissed myself laughing when you found your way back in :lol: :lol: and fair play to all you Derby fans yesterday you certainly made it a laugh. Please next time can you do it more quietly as our fans was trying to watch the game. So turn the volume down there's a good fellow :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:11 pm

It was my first game for 18months lol Cardiff fans were not as loud as expected thought a city the size of Cardiff would have lots of vocalists... plus the England win last week thought that may have made you all pipe up ;)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:12 pm

DerbyBellyDancer wrote:It was my first game for 18months lol Cardiff fans were not as loud as expected thought a city the size of Cardiff would have lots of vocalists... plus the England win last week thought that may have made you all pipe up ;)

most people that watch cardiff couldnt give a rats arse bout wales :lol: we sold out due to the plastic fans

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:16 pm

sold what out?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:17 pm

DerbyBellyDancer wrote:sold what out?

wales vs england