Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DID WE JUST LOSE 4-1 ? "

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Dont get me wrong!I was absolutely extatic with the result! 4-1 Excellent! 4-1 3-0 it does't matter! we still got 3+ goal difference! BRILLIANT! especially with Swansea Losing as I predicted in my recent sticky regarding - "ON A SERIOUS NOTE"

This was a HOME game with a TERRIBLE home atmosphere, I seriously doubted the home atmosphere, it was awful..... Almost as if we lost 4-1!

YES brillaint - Jay got a goal (a penalty albiet!) and showed a good few touches, before being substituted, but with the 8 games we had remaining, I thought the crowd was gonna be well up for it? I jumped with joy after the goals, but looking around me, I couldn't beleive how quiet the crowd was! I am glad I changed my seat for next season too to go further to the back of the Canton!

Talking about Canton, Canton was quiet, the area around the ground was quiet, and during the 90 minutes in the ground we were quiet! apart from a few of the basic songs, I really wished i was at an away game, I had me beers, I was well up for it, the guys around me were buzzing, but the majority had faces like slapped arses as if we were losing big time!

All I'm saying is COME ON GUYS! Even though we are winning we still need to raise our game as a crowd, I truly want to bring the atmosphere of LAST YEARS LEICESTER PLAY OFF GAME back to the CCS!! It was by far the best experience for me in the CCS and I want to see that again soon at a home game.

All that said, "WELL DONE CARDIFF CITY! I REALLY BELIEVE WE WILL GET 2ND SPOT!"

ABOVE THE JACKS AGAIN, Where we belong, AND NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE BIG PUSH!!! :ayatollah:

p.s. - I LOVE YOU ALL! ;)

Re: DIDI WE JUST LOSE 4-1 ?

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:15 pm

everyone is too nervous I guess ?

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:19 pm

billy ronson wrote:everyone is too nervous I guess ?

I can understand that! but you'd think with Savage as the opposition, and the recent performances from the home crowd, as well as we haven't had a home game for a DAMN long time, we would be well in there!

I love Cardiff City with all my heart but I was soooo disappointed with the crowd today it was unreal!

MAYBE WE WILL NEVER SEE DAYS LIKE NINIAN PARK, UNTIL WE PUT THE AWAY CROWD BACK NEXT TO THE EVER LOVING HOME CROWD FAITHFUL! (the old Grange end)

"Im so delighted with the result that the crowd has kind of put a downer on my whole evening!" never mind though, lets look forward to the rest of the season, including the results around us!" ;)

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:26 pm

totally get where you coming from merlin.

maybe it tension and nervs?

i don't think we ever get the grange end affect in the new stadium :cry: but anyway lets hope we can push on from this result :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Actually one post I haven't found myself arguing with here, we need something to spur the team on> we always take huge numbers away, so it's no coincidence that we have one of the best away forms in the league with the support we gather :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:32 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:totally get where you coming from merlin.

maybe it tension and nervs?

i don't think we ever get the grange end affect in the new stadium :cry: but anyway lets hope we can push on from this result :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks mate!!

I just want to see what CCFC deserve!

honestly, The crowd must get through to themselves at how much difference we can really make! the 12th man and all that!

I KNOW WE CAN GET 2ND SPOT!

next weekend -

15:00 Leicester City v Burnley
15:00 Nottingham Forest v Reading
15:00 Watford v Hull City
15:00 Sheffield United v Middlesbrough
15:00 Scunthorpe United v Queens Park Rangers
15:00 Portsmouth v Preston North End
15:00 Millwall v Leeds United
15:00 Ipswich Town v Crystal Palace
15:00 Doncaster Rovers v Cardiff City
15:00 Derby County v Coventry City
15:00 Barnsley v Bristol City
17:20 Swansea City v Norwich City

COME ON! LETS GET BEHIND EVERYONE! :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:37 pm

WHY DO PEOPLE MOAN ABOUT THE ATMOSPHERE EVERY WEEK, BORING , ITS NOT GONNA CHANGE SO DEAL WITH IT. WE WON FOR FUK SAKE.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:44 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:WHY DO PEOPLE MOAN ABOUT THE ATMOSPHERE EVERY WEEK, BORING , ITS NOT GONNA CHANGE SO DEAL WITH IT. WE WON FOR FUK SAKE.

I agree with the sentiments but not the capital letters. This is football in the 21st century - live with it or stay home

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:47 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:WHY DO PEOPLE MOAN ABOUT THE ATMOSPHERE EVERY WEEK, BORING , ITS NOT GONNA CHANGE SO DEAL WITH IT. WE WON FOR FUK SAKE.

THE CLUB CAN CHANGE IT! It's not too late!

Im just as pleased with you about the result ! Trust me......

Why aren't we all singing and chanting to our potential - as in last seasons - Leicester game! :old:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:50 pm

I WAS IN THE NINIAN STAND BY THE SIDE OF THE DERBY FANS WE WERE SINGING AND CREATED A GOOD
ATMOSPHERE,I WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH THE THE REST THOUGH, I PASSED A COMMENT TO A GUY STOOD
NEXT TO ME AS TO HOW QUIET THE CANTON END WAS,WE EVEN SANG FOR THEM TO DO THE :ayatollah:
BUT GOT NO RESPONCE :o :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:54 pm

vikinblue wrote:I WAS IN THE NINIAN STAND BY THE SIDE OF THE DERBY FANS WE WERE SINGING AND CREATED A GOOD
ATMOSPHERE,I WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH THE THE REST THOUGH, I PASSED A COMMENT TO A GUY STOOD
NEXT TO ME AS TO HOW QUIET THE CANTON END WAS,WE EVEN SANG FOR THEM TO DO THE :ayatollah:
BUT GOT NO RESPONCE :o :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Im so looking foraward to the next home game - but really want the Crowd, to fully expose themselves! ;)

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:58 pm

exactly! i agree 100%. we played well, jay was back on form and there was a good crowd number wise. the derby fans were singing and we just didnt bother. nerves are playing a part but shouldn't that spark all the fans on to make some noise. i dont believe for a second that because of nerves we don't sing. thats rubbish. the club have to do something because the atmopshere is shocking.
well played city :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:01 pm

lewis91 wrote:exactly! i agree 100%. we played well, jay was back on form and there was a good crowd number wise. the derby fans were singing and we just didnt bother. nerves are playing a part but shouldn't that spark all the fans on to make some noise. i dont believe for a second that because of nerves we don't sing. thats rubbish. the club have to do something because the atmopshere is shocking.
well played city :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

When ANNIS gets back to NEWPORT - Im sure he'll back what I've posted! ;)

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Perhaps it puts to bed the football myth that a great atmosphere has an influence on the result. 12th man and all that bollocks. We won 4-1 with a fairly poor atmosphere. It's what the players do on the pitch that counts and nothing else.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:06 pm

i think its obvious to everyone. its awful. we need more freedom in the stadium if that makes sense. being resitricted with standing and not doing this and that is killing us

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:Perhaps it puts to bed the football myth that a great atmosphere has an influence on the result. 12th man and all that bollocks. We won 4-1 with a fairly poor atmosphere. It's what the players do on the pitch that counts and nothing else.

So you sincerely believe that the fans can stay at home then -they dont need us in the stadium?

did you ever stop to think that we are there for more than one reason? :|

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:08 pm

compared to the rest of the season I thought the atmosphere was very good today :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:compared to the rest of the season I thought the atmosphere was very good today :ayatollah:

ALL SEASON HAS BEEN PRETTY DISMAL! :o

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:19 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:compared to the rest of the season I thought the atmosphere was very good today :ayatollah:

Same here I thought it was very good and the Ninian boys were excellent.

There won't ever be singing for the full 90 mins, indeed I can remember it being very silent when we were 3-1 down to Leciester in that famous Play-Off Semi-Final, but there was good backing today and I throughly enjoyed the day out.

May be we should stop beating ourselves up and instead be chuffed with the slow progress which is being made.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Same here I thought it was very good and the Ninian boys were excellent.

There won't ever be singing for the full 90 mins, indeed I can remember it being very silent when we were 3-1 down to Leciester in that famous Play-Off Semi-Final, but there was good backing today and I throughly enjoyed the day out.

May be we should stop beating ourselves up and instead be chuffed with the slow progress which is being made.

Oh,I agree, we are now 3rd. YES, each season we get better and better position wise, but the season is not over yet, and the Crowd can still play a massive part - What if it was all down to ONE GAME at home to QPR - which incidentally could actually well be a defining game, IM SURE WE WOULD ALL raise our game? I just think we could all apply ourselves a little earlier?

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Merlin wrote:Oh,I agree, we are now 3rd. YES, each season we get better and better position wise, but the season is not over yet, and the Crowd can still play a massive part - What if it was all down to ONE GAME at home to QPR - which incidentally could actually well be a defining game, IM SURE WE WOULD ALL raise our game? I just think we could all apply ourselves a little earlier?

In principle I completely agree with you Merlin, but I also understand that changing habits is something which proves very difficult in practise.

It has taken nearly all season to introduce just one new song (the Chris Burke one). Further if you want stadium wide songs then we are basically limited to 2 or 3 songs and you can't keep repeating them for every 90 mins in a 23 game home season.

I have seen loads of good ideas posted on this MB aimed at improving things, the trouble is someone will always see it as their duty to find fault and introduce a 'can't do' attitude. That’s why I congratulate those who are trying in the Ninian Stand and I personally recognise that they are making slow progress.

As for this season there is always one good game in us supporters and the good news is we haven't had it yet ;)

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:45 pm

lots of you say the club should do something about the atmosphere at the syadium but no one ever says what. so come on what do you want the club to do (pleases bare in mind before you answer the club are tied to stadia protocol)for what its worth i think the singers are now to spread out and the new breed of supporter has never experienced standing and singing

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:48 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:lots of you say the club should do something about the atmosphere at the syadium but no one ever says what. so come on what do you want the club to do (pleases bare in mind before you answer the club are tied to stadia protocol)for what its worth i think the singers are now to spread out and the new breed of supporter has never experienced standing and singing

You forgot to mention our stewards are a f*cking nuisance and I think I'll be giving my good friend Toni Jones a ring tonight!

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:57 pm

i just don't see why people were moaning so much about jay, DJ, this and that and then when we play well and get a good result and the jerks lost, us fans don't do our bit. would love to see something done. lots of suggestions have been put forward but im not the one to comment on what the club thinks about them

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Merlin wrote:
Citysince1964 wrote:Perhaps it puts to bed the football myth that a great atmosphere has an influence on the result. 12th man and all that bollocks. We won 4-1 with a fairly poor atmosphere. It's what the players do on the pitch that counts and nothing else.

So you sincerely believe that the fans can stay at home then -they dont need us in the stadium?

. Of course we are there for more than one reason but today's game showed that it's what the players do on the pitch that wins the game whether we create a good atmosphere or not.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

. Of course we are there for more than one reason but today's game showed that it's what the players do on the pitch that wins the game whether we create a good atmosphere or not.

Creating a good atmosphere usually = a better performance from the players. It's called passion.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 pm

\nah we lost 4-2 sorry :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:\nah we lost 4-2 sorry :ayatollah:

Shut ya mowf you! Lol

Were you in the ninian today?

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Merlin wrote:

Shut ya mowf you! Lol

nah didnt go i have no fund left :( absolutely skint :(

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Shut ya mowf you! Lol

nah didnt go i have no fund left :( absolutely skint :(

Maybe i'll get to give you a slap next time then. ;)