Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Celtic Park

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Right this thread IS NOT AN OLD FIRM DEBATE, A SECTANARISM DEBATE OR WHOS BETTER,

My dad has moved to Edinbrugh and met a mate up there, he support Celtic and my dad told him that I'm a cardiff fan and i go to games so his mate asked if i wanted to watch Celtic.

Just wondering has anyone been to Celtic Park/Parkhead, and whats it like? :ayatollah:

Re: Celtic Park

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:11 pm

Apparently its in a rundown shithole part of glasgow and only has an atmosphere when playing rangers lol ive never been there...must be worth a look though :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Tattie dome

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:29 pm

good old fashioned ground i enjoyed it when i went there, good atmosphere

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Superb ground & well worth a trip there. The area is rough as a badgers arse but so is most of Glasgow so no shock there.

Pisses all over Rangers shit hole.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:54 pm

I hate Celtic and Rangers but admire the passion of both sets of fans whilst at the same time finding their sectarian tendencies odious. As I do stupid comments like 'tattie dome'. Only one thing worse than plastic paddies and that's plastic loyalists.

Get yourself to a game and make your own mind up.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:01 pm

awesome ground and a superb atmosphere well worth a visit

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:02 pm

anyone recommend a good stand?

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Really nice ground. Watched them beat Dunfermline year ago 5-1 when I was with some Dunfermline mates.
RANGERS still best side in Scotland - I used to go yo Ibrox regular in 1994. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:09 am

You'd love it pal they welcomed me well people around nice fans (not all bad like some on this board makes out) Lisbon lions stand is good and where the atmo is well worth vist check the tour out if you got time really enjoyed that :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:You'd love it pal they welcomed me well people around nice fans (not all bad like some on this board makes out) Lisbon lions stand is good and where the atmo is well worth vist check the tour out if you got time really enjoyed that :ayatollah:

cheers mate ill check the fixture list now cause i might be going to scotland in the easter holidays :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Only ever been to support Dunfermline and the atmosphere was worse than the ccs even with almost 60,000 in. As stated its in the east end of Glasgow and its rough as f**k but the pubs are jumping before the games.What amazed me were the buses from everywhere in the U.K and of course Ireland that travel to games. They're a huge club and it's an impressive stadium but atmosphere against Inverness, St Mirren or St Johnstone for example would be nothing great. Obviously Rangers would be good and would imagine Hearts or Aberdeen would be decent.