Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do we need a damaging update if

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 pm

we win on Saturday and others drop points.
What's more important updates or promotion.
Is carl becoming a legend in his own mind

Re: Do we need a damaging update if

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:22 pm

I'M NOT BOTHERED WHO SAID WHAT TO WHOM.
I DON'T CARE WHOSE GOING TO PLAY FOR WHOM NEXT SEASON.
I'M NOR BBBBBBOTHERED WHICH OF OUR PLAYERS THINK THE MESSAGEBOARDS ARE CRAP.
I JUST WANT PROMOTION.
SO I ARGEE STICK YOUR UPDATES UP YOUR ARSE.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:27 pm

stickywicket wrote:we win on Saturday and others drop points.

Maybe Saturdays result MAY influence Carls update? I dont know?

If I was any player though,I would personally stay away from anymessage boards, do they have such an ego that they have to know everything that people/fans are saying about them, personally if I was a footballer, I'd just get on with my job?
stop talking bollocks and prove my self on the pitch - where it counts.

Dont say one thing and do another, Give no ammunition to anyone to use against me, and more importantly prove to myself that i can do any job that is put in front of me?

:ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Craig why did he last night suddenly go off on 1 during his Twitter posts then ?? Dont understand what that was all about .

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:31 pm

sleepwalker wrote:I'M NOT BOTHERED WHO SAID WHAT TO WHOM.
I JUST WANT PROMOTION.

DON'T f*cking READ THEN

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:33 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
I JUST WANT PROMOTION.

DON'T f*cking READ THEN

argghhh ........... the delights and perogative of the right to freedom of speech on a football message board no matter what :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:48 pm

I think we all need to know the truth, and by the looks of things this is what the update is about.

If you don't like the updates, don't read them, simple.

Carry on with the good work Carl.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:51 pm

No man , player , manager or supporter is bigger than CCFC ................. Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:No man , player , manager or supporter is bigger than CCFC ................. Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Merlin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:we win on Saturday and others drop points.

Maybe Saturdays result MAY influence Carls update? I dont know?

If I was any player though,I would personally stay away from anymessage boards, do they have such an ego that they have to know everything that people/fans are saying about them, personally if I was a footballer, I'd just get on with my job?
stop talking bollocks and prove my self on the pitch - where it counts.

Dont say one thing and do another, Give no ammunition to anyone to use against me, and more importantly prove to myself that i can do any job that is put in front of me?

I agree, to an extent. Very few of us ever have to read about our private lives or job performance splashed over a MB. If it were me, I'd probably steer well clear (unless I'd just played a blinder :lol: )

But look at the furore over the thread on CCMB about Corky - some fairly mild (but unwarranted criticism) and everyone here goes into meltdown trying to defend the guy. Now imagine what how Jay feels, or his g/f and family feel.

But at the same time, why shouldn't they twitter, look at MB's and enjoy the same priviliges that we do, and PLEASE don't say "they earn £20k/week", they're still human.

But it's true twitter is damaging. Ian Poulter and Graham McDowell recently twittered some video of the Augusta National behind the scenes, which caused apoplexy among the green jacketed.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:57 pm

If you do not like Carls updates then please dont read them. When Jay was getting his first England cap then i bet he loved this board with all the support he had got. But it has a flip side when a player mugs you off then he will get the opposite. Jay was a legend at this club the fans loved him, he was praised up something stupid on here. Now he dosen't give two fucks about this club or fans then he gets what he deserves end off. I would play the Beast and that's the bottom line Jay can do one.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Yes, but if you, I, or any other fan doesn't like the update, then it doesn't matter a damn does it?

If Jay reads that Carl's going to dish some dirt on him the day after the game, or he reads about people telling him to "do one" then maybe he will. Damaging.

If a player thinking about joining City reads an update, doesn't like what he reads and decides not to bother. Damaging.

IF another manager reads about us talking about signing player x and decides to snap him up himself. Damaging.

Do you seriously think Jay's going to be up for it tomorrow if he reads some of the stuff people are saying about him on here?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:07 pm

I JUST WANT PROMOTION.

Well i like Carl's updates, why is it that people want to slag off individuals who have got Cardiff City's best interests at heart,
Carl also does great work running the forum coach as well, give the guy a break FFS..

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:07 pm

TH63 wrote:Yes, but if you, I, or any other fan doesn't like the update, then it doesn't matter a damn does it?

If Jay reads that Carl's going to dish some dirt on him the day after the game, or he reads about people telling him to "do one" then maybe he will. Damaging.

If a player thinking about joining City reads an update, doesn't like what he reads and decides not to bother. Damaging.

IF another manager reads about us talking about signing player x and decides to snap him up himself. Damaging.

Do you seriously think Jay's going to be up for it tomorrow if he reads some of the stuff people are saying about him on here?

Oright, Dave hows your day?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:
TH63 wrote:Yes, but if you, I, or any other fan doesn't like the update, then it doesn't matter a damn does it?

That's probably the single most insulting thing anyone's ever said to me!! :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Jay hasn't been up for a game for Months now. And when he has a stinker tomorrow then the anti Carl brigade will be on his back saying it was down to him. If Jay had anything about him he will play his best because our club pays his wages. As for other players being put off by our forum that is bullshit. Every club has Forums up and down the land so its nothing new.
Besides if you believe this Forum is damaging our Club Chief why are you contributing towards it instead of boycotting it ?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:12 pm

TH63 wrote:
Ccfc Shane wrote:

That's probably the single most insulting thing anyone's ever said to me!! :lol:

Sorry :( :lol:

Really though, i personally think that JB couldnt give a shit about what people write on a message board.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:13 pm

hasn't signed a contract, will almost certainly be off in summer regardless. About as damaging as being bitten by a granny who has lst her false teeth.

Chances of player thinking about joining City reading an update, close to zero. About as damaging as being punched by a marshmallow.

Chances of player thinking about joining City, reading an update and deciding that far overrides the main motivation for footballers, ie money, close to zero. About as damaging as a dwarf unable to reach your wrist attempting a particularly damaging chinese burn.

Chances of managers scouring messageboards to find out who is signing who, close to zero. About as damaging as fighting Audley Harrison. Especially given that selling clubs, agents routinely leak such information.

Given the last few games, do you seriously think Jay has been up for it full stop? In which case, how would anybody possibly tell the difference?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:25 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
I JUST WANT PROMOTION.

DON'T f*cking READ THEN

its not about whether he or anyone else reads it
i agree with him, and not because i/he dont want to read it like youre making out, because all its doing is f**king up our promotion hopes cos weve got the most negative fans ever who seem to love getting on our players backs
its absolutely pathetic

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Jay hasn't been up for a game for Months now. And when he has a stinker tomorrow then the anti Carl brigade will be on his back saying it was down to him. If Jay had anything about him he will play his best because our club pays his wages. As for other players being put off by our forum that is bullshit. Every club has Forums up and down the land so its nothing new.
Besides if you believe this Forum is damaging our Club Chief why are you contributing towards it instead of boycotting it ?

Where did I say the forum was damaging the club?

Annis often says this forum is all about debating opinions - do mine not count or something?

For the record, I'm not anti-Carl, or anti anyone else for that matter, if I think the stuff currently being discussed about Jay is harmfull, should I just stick my head in the sand and not say anything?

FFS, let's have a debate, let's have a discussion, but feck me it'd be a boring world if everyone was only allowed to have a certain opinion or shut up.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:35 pm

I JUST WANT PROMOTION.

Thats a bit harsh mate :evil:
Simple really dont log on and read them then :roll:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:37 pm

it amazes me that some thing a messageboard has so much power??? Manchester United probably have more messageboards than any other sports team in the world and the amount of goss etc goinga round on them must be incredible! Do you ever hear Fergie or the players moan about them?? NO! Fergie just tells them to ignore the press and messgaeboards and just concentrate on being a professional!!! Our manager gets everyone paranod about them and just increases the focus on them!!!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:it amazes me that some thing a messageboard has so much power??? Manchester United probably have more messageboards than any other sports team in the world and the amount of goss etc goinga round on them must be incredible! Do you ever hear Fergie or the players moan about them?? NO! Fergie just tells them to ignore the press and messgaeboards and just concentrate on being a professional!!! Our manager gets everyone paranod about them and just increases the focus on them!!!

EXCELLENT POST!!! :clap:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:it amazes me that some thing a messageboard has so much power??? Manchester United probably have more messageboards than any other sports team in the world and the amount of goss etc goinga round on them must be incredible! Do you ever hear Fergie or the players moan about them?? NO! Fergie just tells them to ignore the press and messgaeboards and just concentrate on being a professional!!! Our manager gets everyone paranod about them and just increases the focus on them!!!

Not so long ago Dave Jones would tell his players to not read the message boards and he claimed he does not read them himself but recently he has admitted he reads them and I know he has acted upon some of the information that he has read on this message board, period.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Not so long ago Dave Jones would tell his players to not read the message boards and he claimed he does not read them himself but recently he has admitted he reads them and I know he has acted upon some of the information that he has read on this message board, period.

He's not resigned though... :cry:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:

So where's the plan B then?????? :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Why do we need an update?
Here’s the facts.
8 games left if we get enough points we'll go up automatically.
If we don’t we will either be in the play offs or we won't.
What else is there to talk about?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:35 pm

sleepwalker wrote:Why do we need an update?
Here’s the facts.

you don't need one do you ?

It is not forced on anyone Allan

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:39 pm

carlccfc wrote:
sleepwalker wrote:Why do we need an update?
Here’s the facts.

you don't need one do you ?

It is not forced on anyone Allan

Your on an ego trip Carl.
Thats my opinion.
Anyone who was geninue would'nt have sold out for a couple of quid to the echo.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:41 pm

if carls next update is that sensational i would of thought the echo would want to publish it first