Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: @ Jay Bothroyd

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:01 am

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:if he reads this board and we as cardiff city city fans are calling him a tw*t and a cock if i was him i wouldnt give my 100% to the cause either especially after a great season hes had so far apart from the last few games!!its time to back our players and give them 100% otherwise we cant expect much back!!

in the words of ali support the boys and make some noise!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats the point, he never does give 100%, if he cares so much as he stated then he'll prove us wrong.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:06 am

DaveSheffield wrote:Gossip, rumour and hearsay are not something an intelligent person would ever base an opinion of another person on.

Frankly, this thread is disappointing and worrying in its entirety.

Just when I thought this board had matured beyond many others as well.

Well, you only have to look back at the history of Bothroyd's career to base an opinion on him. Has he matured since then? Seemed like it for a spell.

Take the contract issue. Could have been signed already, club / agent negotiated a release fee IF we don't go up at the end of the season. Now, he may well want to keep his options open - that's well and good, but would be respected more if open and honest about that.

As for this season, started off playing well. England cap, since then reverted back to old Bothroyd mode- namely playing for free kicks, going down as easily as a granny on Rooney, staring at ref when decision not given. In fact, as I've said before, some of his falls have been so bad they've inspired laughter around me.

Losing the Bothroyd from the start of the season would be a massive blow. Losing the Bothroyd we've got now, less so.

it's getting to the stage where I'd prefer a player with lesser skill but more consistency to play - and no, parkin isn't that guy.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:11 am

i disagree we seem to be getting on his back as he hasnt scored for few games he always looks for the ball and trys to make things happen it just hasnt been coming off as late and the sarcastic cheers when he went off in the last game at home was embarrasing if you ask me after all he does play in blue and cos hes not a player who doesnt go round flying in to tackles doesnt mean hes not giving 100% :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:48 am

If i can take you all back to after Jay played for England in Nov 2010 v France.
Everything was going well for Jay on and off the field,and then 18 days later,is when i belive things started to change.

On Dec 4th we played PNE- Home and Jay went off after 10-20 mins,and did not play again until Jan 22nd.
In this time we had more about which team Jay was going to go to than when he was back playing for us.

Teams such as AC Milan - Juventus - Another Italian Club - Chelsea - WHU - Fulham - Newcastle - Sunderland - Birmingham - To Name just a few who were interested in our Jay.

Did that injury stop him from joining another club :?: Or has it effected his performance only 2 goals in 12 games.

I For 1 hope we see the Jay we saw at the start of the season,and any Sunday update is Football related :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:48 am

I wonder if he's signed a pre - contract with a foreign or Scottish team ???

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:55 am

nerd wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Gossip, rumour and hearsay are not something an intelligent person would ever base an opinion of another person on.

Frankly, this thread is disappointing and worrying in its entirety.

Just when I thought this board had matured beyond many others as well.

Well, you only have to look back at the history of Bothroyd's career to base an opinion on him. Has he matured since then? Seemed like it for a spell.

Take the contract issue. Could have been signed already, club / agent negotiated a release fee IF we don't go up at the end of the season. Now, he may well want to keep his options open - that's well and good, but would be respected more if open and honest about that.

As for this season, started off playing well. England cap, since then reverted back to old Bothroyd mode- namely playing for free kicks, going down as easily as a granny on Rooney, staring at ref when decision not given. In fact, as I've said before, some of his falls have been so bad they've inspired laughter around me.

Losing the Bothroyd from the start of the season would be a massive blow. Losing the Bothroyd we've got now, less so.

it's getting to the stage where I'd prefer a player with lesser skill but more consistency to play - and no, parkin isn't that guy.

Mate, you've pretty much summed up what I was going to say. I will never criticise one of our players when he's playing for us. However, I think one of the reasons we're not doing as well as we could be is because some individuals seem intent on wrapping the players up in cotton wool. I found it slightly embarrassing when Jay reacted angrily to someone's comment on Twitter about his falling over issues. It's clear he honestly can't see he's doing wrong which suggests no-one in the club is telling him to stop doing it which further suggests he's not going to change.

I have no idea why he's become like this because it's a very humiliating for him. Right now, all this talk of him going to the Premiership is laughable because since November he's been an average Championship player at best. I just wish someone in the club would take him to one side and say 'Jay, you know the player you can be... so stop falling over and regain that form you know you are capable of'.

Personally though, I think all this Twitter garbage is pointless anyway. I'll be interested to see what the update this week says but provided we win on Saturday I won't really let it change my support of the players. Nothing is going to surprise me either which is kind of a sad reflection on football as a whole. I am prepared for anything in the update.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:07 pm

nerd wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:To be honest i really think some fans have been way too quick to get on Jays back when they let other players i.e. Chopra, get away with murder!!!

Does Chops spend most of the game sat on his arse looking at the ref for not giving a free kick where there was no foul?

no he spends most games with a touch of a rapist due to the fact his off field commitment to the cause is abysmal!!!! Chopra has been shocking this year, absolutely terrible!!!!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
nerd wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:To be honest i really think some fans have been way too quick to get on Jays back when they let other players i.e. Chopra, get away with murder!!!

Does Chops spend most of the game sat on his arse looking at the ref for not giving a free kick where there was no foul?

no he spends most games with a touch of a rapist due to the fact his off field commitment to the cause is abysmal!!!! Chopra has been shocking this year, absolutely terrible!!!!

Have you been watching the same games? Chopra's touch has always been awful. The reason people let Chopra get away with his off-field antics is because he delivers on the pitch. Ok, he's not had the luck but on another season he could easily have had twice as many goals as he has scored. His effort on the pitch is faultless and, as fans, all we want is work rate and determination.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:I wonder if he's signed a pre - contract with a foreign or Scottish team ???

i dont care if he has were trying to get promoted here or have you forgotten so make petty remarks about our players isnt getting us anywhere now is it!!so support him whilst hes in the shirt or dont support at all thats my opinion!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
old blue wrote:We aught to be getting behind our players, not slagging them off. There will be plenty of time for that in the summer if we fail.

WE HAVEN'T YET, so give them support not grief.

old blue - Where on this thread have i or Annis or Carl - "slagging them off" (our players) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There will be time for that in the summer if we fail ( i think all 3 of us want Premier League Football,Along with many Others)

I think that Carls update on Sunday will be as always interesting,thats how this thread started. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Dont think i mentioned anybodies name mate, just a general observation thats all. We should all be pulling in the right direction from now until the end of the season. The majority of us have never seen us in the top flight and all should be doing our best for us to get there, yes its frustrating as we all know we have underachieved but we're still in there,

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:34 pm

[/quote]

Have you been watching the same games? Chopra's touch has always been awful. The reason people let Chopra get away with his off-field antics is because he delivers on the pitch. Ok, he's not had the luck but on another season he could easily have had twice as many goals as he has scored. His effort on the pitch is faultless and, as fans, all we want is work rate and determination.[/quote]

give me goals over workrate and determenation (not that bothroyd hasnt got this) anyday goals win games and trophys!! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:36 pm

One thing I'm sure of, if Jay hits the level of form he was achieving before his injury in December we're going to get pretty close to that 2nd place. He is that important to us when at his best :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:36 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:I wonder if he's signed a pre - contract with a foreign or Scottish team ???

i dont care if he has were trying to get promoted here or have you forgotten so make petty remarks about our players isnt getting us anywhere now is it!!so support him whilst hes in the shirt or dont support at all thats my opinion!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

not a petty remark at all just a comment about the above speculation ............ I always support Cardiff and all players in the shirt when I am at the game ! Have dome since 1974 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:

not a petty remark at all just a comment about the above speculation ............ I always support Cardiff and all players in the shirt when I am at the game ! Have dome since 1974 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

calling a player a sad tw*t on here is supporting is it you should know better then if you been follwing the city that long!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:52 pm

I took that back coz it was a mistake by myself at the time coz I thought he'd done something childish which he hadnt and I totally got it wrong ....... easily done ! Besides I support Cardiff players for what they do on the pitch for my team , comments made about non football related activities doesnt mean I dont support him as a Cardiff player during a game !

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:I took that back coz it was a mistake by myself at the time coz I thought he'd done something childish which he hadnt and I totally got it wrong ....... easily done ! Besides I support Cardiff players for what they do on the pitch for my team , comments made about non football related activities doesnt mean I dont support him as a Cardiff player during a game !

well i think itll be better for all fans to support the team on the pitch and let the big boys that run the club worry about jay bothroyds non football related activities dont you!!if i was bothroyd and i read some of the comments on here i wouldnt bother putting the shirt on again..but he will because i believe hes 100% commited to getting us to the promised land!!onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:08 pm

Does Chops spend most of the game sat on his arse looking at the ref for not giving a free kick where there was no foul?[/quote]

no he spends most games with a touch of a rapist due to the fact his off field commitment to the cause is abysmal!!!! Chopra has been shocking this year, absolutely terrible!!!![/quote]

Have you been watching the same games? Chopra's touch has always been awful. The reason people let Chopra get away with his off-field antics is because he delivers on the pitch. Ok, he's not had the luck but on another season he could easily have had twice as many goals as he has scored. His effort on the pitch is faultless and, as fans, all we want is work rate and determination.[/quote]

Michael Chopra isnt even half the player he was when he first came to us and his scoring statistics over the last 18 months back that up!!! His effort off the pitch is directly contributing to his poor form or "bad luck" on it!!! He needs a rocket up his backside or needs to be sold!!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:I took that back coz it was a mistake by myself at the time coz I thought he'd done something childish which he hadnt and I totally got it wrong ....... easily done ! Besides I support Cardiff players for what they do on the pitch for my team , comments made about non football related activities doesnt mean I dont support him as a Cardiff player during a game !

well i think itll be better for all fans to support the team on the pitch and let the big boys that run the club worry about jay bothroyds non football related activities dont you!!if i was bothroyd and i read some of the comments on here i wouldnt bother putting the shirt on again..but he will because i believe hes 100% commited to getting us to the promised land!!onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Im not going to say anymore about it until Sunday .............. from now on its time to focus on Derby and the team and NOT individuals who may or may not be playing tomorow . Its the XI on the pitch tomorrow in Blue who hopefully will win and get us 3 points closer to promotion is all Im interested in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:19 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:spill the beans Rich ...... what do u know ?? ;)

I still blame him for last seasons play off final, I think he is lazy, a bottler and care not for the fans or the club.

:lol:

well then clearly your opinion on this matter is absolutely worthless, he had a grade 2 hamstring tear and to suggest he 'bottled' it is clueless

everyone here knows that jay is a high-maintenance player, and yet a lot are still happy to both slag him off on a forum they know he reads, and boo him when he's clearly low on confidence

whatever rumours come out about jay on sunday the fans treatment of him has been dire, 2 and a half seasons of the best play i've ever seen from a city forward should justify a couple of months where his game is a bit off, particularly when he's coming off the back of an injury

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:27 pm

bluebirdtom wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

I still blame him for last seasons play off final, I think he is lazy, a bottler and care not for the fans or the club.

well then clearly your opinion on this matter is absolutely worthless, he had a grade 2 hamstring tear and to suggest he 'bottled' it is clueless

everyone here knows that jay is a high-maintenance player, and yet a lot are still happy to both slag him off on a forum they know he reads, and boo him when he's clearly low on confidence

whatever rumours come out about jay on sunday the fans treatment of him has been dire, 2 and a half seasons of the best play i've ever seen from a city forward should justify a couple of months where his game is a bit off, particularly when he's coming off the back of an injury

\he's been diving irrespective of form.

Why do you think we'll not get stone clad decisions our way? Because refs have wised up to his antics.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:33 pm

[/quote]he's been diving irrespective of form.

Why do you think we'll not get stone clad decisions our way? Because refs have wised up to his antics.[/quote]

well we should tie him up and chop his feet off then.who dont dive in the modern game for 2 and half years as the other guy said we been hopeless without him and wernt the same team without now hes had a bad spell we should f**k him off to the bench or out the squad altogether....bollocks i say if we want to go up we need bothroyd on that pitch simple as!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:37 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:

Daffydd!

You are a good poster, and a valuable member to the forum here.

I will come back to you Sunday night and question you on your thoughts on a certain strikers loyalty and commitment to a football club. Until you know the FACT's you should stop preaching to other older and wiser members of the forum.

When Cardiff Players are on the field in OUR shirts, then I and others will back them 100% that doesnt stop us talking or debating about ANY topics relating to that player. This is a football forum afterall ?

If any member of CCFC club/team/staff what ever want to believe that everything on here is false accusations/crap/rumours or whatever, then the simple solution for those PROFESSIONALS is to AVOID what they believe is a negative zone?

Personally, 95% of the info I've read and seen on here from Carl or other reputable and trustworthy members has always been pretty much spot on. and I come here to chill out, have a chat with friends for a few hours a day etc. etc. like many other forum members. So we will ask your opinion again on Sunday maybe?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:45 pm

bluebirdtom wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Tom, I know he reads the MBs. As do he knows we read his twitter, he hypes himself up and the fans in what he says and then does the opposite which is disappointing to say the least. Im not on a crusade to slaughter him but he makes a rod for his own back sometimes and it comes back and bites him, I would never boo a City player(Andy Jordan is exempt from that) All he has to do is to prove that everything he has stated on twitter is true but as yet he has failed miserably, yeah all players have a lull but come on atleast give us 100%. If he comes back to form and bangs away the goals to get us to the promised land then Id forgive him and his statements. Even if we do go up I dont think for one minute he'll be with us, as a deal had been struck a while ago. Being a City fan is a fickle heart wrenching vocation as you well know and if he proves us wrong Id be the first to apologise :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:52 pm

i havent questioned anybody and i agree carl gives us great news and im not preachin to anyone im giving my viwe on things as they stand but you clearly know something i dont.all im saying us fans cant to nothing about bothroyd and what he does off the pitch those who have the power can so i dont see why we need to get involved but thats my opinion!!i just like to go on the piss support the boys go on the piss after a match celebrate or commiserate with the lads and do it all over again the week after i feel fans are too involved nowadays but again thats my opinion!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:53 pm

So I'm guessing that what we're going to hear is that Jay has been talking to other clubs about a possible move when he's out of contract?

Well he's not signed a contract with us yet, we all know that if we don't go up the chances are he'll go. We know he lives in London, he's not made any secret of either of these facts.

If he IS keen on a move then surely it would be in his interests to play his bloody socks off for the next 8 games, if we go up then he might stay, if he doesn't, then we could probably get someone better.

We ALL need to be on the same side here, the team has to be united, WE have to be united, and right behind the manager and all the players.

You say "come back on Sunday", well I say, come back in May and slag the manager and players all you want, my point is, doing it now is like pressing the self destruct button.

I'm still hoping we're here in May praising Jay, DJ and everyone else though.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Merlin wrote:
dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:

Daffydd!

I will come back to you Sunday night and question you on your thoughts on a certain strikers loyalty and commitment to a football club. Until you know the FACT's you should stop preaching to other older and wiser members of the forum.

When Cardiff Players are on the field in OUR shirts, then I and others will back them 100% that doesnt stop us talking or debating about ANY topics relating to that player. This is a football forum afterall ?

If any member of CCFC club/team/staff what ever want to believe that everything on here is false accusations/crap/rumours or whatever, then the simple solution for those PROFESSIONALS is to AVOID what they believe is a negative zone?

Personally, 95% of the info I've read and seen on here from Carl or other reputable and trustworthy members has always been pretty much spot on. and I come here to chill out, have a chat with friends for a few hours a day etc. etc. like many other forum members. So we will ask your opinion again on Sunday maybe?

Well why dont you, Carl or Annis just post the info you got now instead of Sunday? Because all you are doing is causing friction between fellow fans in the meantime, hence this thread ffs

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:00 pm

TH63 wrote:So I'm guessing that what we're going to hear is that Jay has been talking to other clubs about a possible move when he's out of contract?

Well he's not signed a contract with us yet, we all know that if we don't go up the chances are he'll go. We know he lives in London, he's not made any secret of either of these facts.

If he IS keen on a move then surely it would be in his interests to play his bloody socks off for the next 8 games, if we go up then he might stay, if he doesn't, then we could probably get someone better.

We ALL need to be on the same side here, the team has to be united, WE have to be united, and right behind the manager and all the players.

You say "come back on Sunday", well I say, come back in May and slag the manager and players all you want, my point is, doing it now is like pressing the self destruct button.

I'm still hoping we're here in May praising Jay, DJ and everyone else though.

this is what im trying to say no pint dishing out the dirt now when were at a crucial stage of the season when we get promoted then do it.cos no one will care if bothroyds off well be to busy getting pissed and partying the night away cos our great club has gone to the promised land. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Merlin wrote:
dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:

Daffydd!

Good Post Merlin :ayatollah: i for one have not been here long,but would always log on to this website just after it started.
Would talk to Annis and certain members of Rambos family each week and still do,along with others ;)

I Have posted all thing CCFC on betfair for the last 8 years,theres about 50 or so on there of us :ayatollah:
But some of the info we get is 1st classs,as it has fans from all clubs in each leagues.

After Annis kept on at me to join and share any info i did,and I'M GLAD I JOINED THIS WEBSITE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:

Good Post Merlin :ayatollah: i for one have not been here long,but would always log on to this website just after it started.
Would talk to Annis and certain members of Rambos family each week and still do,along with others ;)

I Have posted all thing CCFC on betfair for the last 8 years,theres about 50 or so on there of us :ayatollah:
But some of the info we get is 1st classs,as it has fans from all clubs in each leagues.

After Annis kept on at me to join and share any info i did,and I'M GLAD I JOINED THIS WEBSITE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I personally am not slagging anyone off, players or members alike! (well excluding Naylor!) just saying - IT WILL ONLY HAVE AN EFFECT ON THE PLAYERS AND TEAM IF THEY COME HERE AND READ IT! Dont you understand? :lol:

If it's so full of rubbish why does Jay come here reading it? Like I said - Carl has given Jay the opportunity to respond to posts by inviting him to do so, and if he feels that agrieved about anything sunday, he can come on here and CORRECT carls info if he needs to ?

I personally dont know IF any of the players come here reading apart from Jay? maybe so, you dont hear from any of the other players really tbh? Perhaps they prefer to just stay away from any internet relating forum/MB's ? less hassle all round?

I Dont know what Carl is posting Sunday evening either, and am very intruiged to find out what it is as it seems to be of great interest to alot of the forum at the moment, It is only because of this thread, that I know Carl is posting something relating to Bothroyd? so It will be VERY OBVIOUS that Jay will read it - Will he reply, react or ignore? and what ever he does - will this give you any impressions on him - We will have to wait and see?

But like I said - from me, and others around me - and members here, He will get my FULL BACKING for the rest of the season ON THE PITCH! so come on Jay and bang a few in for our goal difference! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:25 pm

if he bangs 1 in the net tomorrow I will be on my feet cheering as always , same if he crosses to make a goal AND if he ends up on his arse looking for a free kick and NOT getting one after a soft challenge I will also be up on my feet calling him a wuss !! Same with any other player infact :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: