Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: @ Jay Bothroyd

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:if he bangs 1 in the net tomorrow I will be on my feet cheering as always , same if he crosses to make a goal AND if he ends up on his arse looking for a free kick and NOT getting one after a soft challenge I will also be up on my feet calling him a wuss !! Same with any other player infact :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:33 pm

JAY BOTHROYD ... CARDIFFS NUMBER ONE PLAYER! ... :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:34 pm

AHERNE wrote:JAY BOTHROYD ... CARDIFFS NUMBER ONE PLAYER! ... :ayatollah:

Cardiff's number 9 infact and CURRENT ish England international :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:59 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:
he's been diving irrespective of form.

Why do you think we'll not get stone clad decisions our way? Because refs have wised up to his antics.[/quote]

well we should tie him up and chop his feet off then.who dont dive in the modern game for 2 and half years as the other guy said we been hopeless without him and wernt the same team without now hes had a bad spell we should f**k him off to the bench or out the squad altogether....bollocks i say if we want to go up we need bothroyd on that pitch simple as!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

By the same token, Bothroyd has benefitted as DJ's sole plan has been to play everything through him. When he's out of form, we're playing with ten men on the field, simple as. At least with Chops, when out of form, hell, even when played out of position, he harries, harrasses, works hard. World of difference there.

Sorry, but saying "everyone else dives" is a bs argument. A cheat is a cheat is a cheat. The fact is, he's not even putting any effort into diving convincingly. Hence laughter on several occasions recently. I don't know, stay on feet with ball, could create chances. nah, dive, get a set piece, hope the delivery is good whilst allowing defence to reform.

We need Bothroyd on the pitch, sure - when in form, when not acting like a prima donna expecting refs to fall (pun intended ) for the English internationals latest ballet audition.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:12 pm

The only thing i will say is all i want from Bothroyd is 100% effort on the field for the next 8 games and what he does off the field or who he's been talking to regarding a contract really doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't effect Jays performance on the field.

So my message is:

Jay 8 games to go and if we see the Jay that we saw early in the Season you could help us secure promotion in doing so you would become a city Legend and could move on with our cheers ringing in your ears talk is cheap just do it on the field Jay and make a oldish City Fan very happy :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:09 pm

This is bloody pathetic. Jay is aloud his opinion on what ever he believes. And if his opinion is that the stuff posted on here is bullshit then so be it. But come on because you don't like his opinion is no reason to go and slate him in your next update. If you do you need to get a bloody grip.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:12 pm

ccfc95 wrote:This is bloody pathetic. Jay is aloud his opinion on what ever he believes. And if his opinion is that the stuff posted on here is bullshit then so be it. But come on because you don't like his opinion is no reason to go and slate him in your next update. If you do you need to get a bloody grip.

:ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:29 pm

You lot are barking. Jay is the best striker we've had in decades. He cant help it if our defenders dont defend. I swear the fans of our club have changed beyond recognition.
Yes he sometimes seems 'lazy' for want of a better word but jesus........look at some of his team-mates!!! Top scorer and an England call up whilst in div 2. Yeah he's gash isnt he?
If he reads this board then I am ashamed. Arent we meant to support our own????? Slagging him off will really encourage him wont it???
8 games from the premier league people!!!!!!! Give them a chance ffs. :evil:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:53 pm

i think jay got his head in the sand at the moment, his moment of glory was, his england cap, at the same time carol made his debut also, hes since gone for 35 million, being the 6th highest scorer in this league the season before, so i think jay was waiting for his big offer to come in??/// it never happened, and now hes thinking, whats my next step?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:57 pm

ninianblue wrote:i think jay got his head in the sand at the moment, his moment of glory was, his england cap, at the same time carol made his debut also, hes since gone for 35 million, being the 6th highest scorer in this league the season before, so i think jay was waiting for his big offer to come in??/// it never happened, and now hes thinking, whats my next step?

I agree the callup was the worst thing for us, but come on....the abuse he received at the last home game was appalling. I was embarrassed.
Ive seen some shite city players in the past but it was bordering on Andy Campbell abuse. Shameful. We need to support them until the end.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:I hope your enjoying reading the board tonight Jay, it is a shame you have tweeted that 90% of what is written on here is crap/rumours but hey ho that is what you think so I can live with that.

But on Sunday there is an explosive update which you get more than just a mention in, so pop along and have a read :D

Maybe then you can respond on here if you wish ;)

I do hope DJ didn't go too hard on you all ;)

Good luck on Saturday by the way

Personally Carl I'd rather you keep it to yourself this time.

I enjoy the stuff about ticket sales and transfer rumours, but personal stuff about the players can only damage the club I love.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Bluemellons wrote:You lot are barking. Jay is the best striker we've had in decades. He cant help it if our defenders dont defend. I swear the fans of our club have changed beyond recognition.
Yes he sometimes seems 'lazy' for want of a better word but jesus........look at some of his team-mates!!! Top scorer and an England call up whilst in div 2. Yeah he's gash isnt he?
If he reads this board then I am ashamed. Arent we meant to support our own????? Slagging him off will really encourage him wont it???

Agreed.

Our own fans seem to be on a self-destruct at the mo.

I bet the Jacks are pissing themselves laughing.

You couldnt make it up. :(

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Bluemellons wrote:You lot are barking. Jay is the best striker we've had in decades. He cant help it if our defenders dont defend. I swear the fans of our club have changed beyond recognition.

Note England didn't call him up again. I wonder why?

Top scorer? C'mon, who was our top scorer last season? Utterly irrelevant to the debate...

Fact is, he's playing as if he doesn't want to be here. Which I doubt he will in summer. Sod all this "boo hoo, nasty fans horrible to ne" shit - if he can't f*cking motivate himself to f*cking achieve, ie working bollocks off to help us get promoted, then there's a lack of professional pride.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:10 pm

decades ??? Maybe but only because CCFC are in the Championship ................. Chopra , Dale and Stant have scored a hell of a lot more goals than him and their work rates always 100% . Sorry but its hard to compare sometimes , and yes I know Dale and Stant performed in lower divisions . Personally Nathan Blake is the best player CCFC have had and Stanty by far the best striker .............. his 1 England cap was against Argentina at the Falklands :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:12 pm

nerd wrote:

Note England didn't call him up again. I wonder why?

Top scorer? C'mon, who was our top scorer last season? Utterly irrelevant to the debate...

Fact is, he's playing as if he doesn't want to be here. Which I doubt he will in summer. Sod all this "boo hoo, nasty fans horrible to ne" shit - if he can't f*cking motivate himself to f*cking achieve, ie working bollocks off to help us get promoted, then there's a lack of professional pride.

Would you put the effort in for people who scream at you and slag you off. I wouldnt.

It goes both ways.

I've enjoyed watching the most skilful striker I've ever seen in a City shirt.

His work-rate has actually been good for most games.

He gets battered by defenders and treated like shit by the ref. He's in a City shirt, so he'll get my backing.

I'm sure we'd get a hell of a lot more out of him by backing him than slagging him off.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:

decades ??? Maybe but only because CCFC are in the Championship ................. Chopra , Dale and Stant have scored a hell of a lot more goals than him and their work rates always 100% . Sorry but its hard to compare sometimes , and yes I know Dale and Stant performed in lower divisions . Personally Nathan Blake is the best player CCFC have had and Stanty by far the best striker .............. his 1 England cap was against Argentina at the Falklands :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

sorry Bothroyd is head and shoulders better than any of them and I say that with Stant being my favourite all time player.

In cold light of day, skill, pace balance, movement, touch he's head and shoulders better- even better than Chopra and Blake.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:20 pm

agreed but forwards are assessed on goals scored ................... yes he's gifted but is he a 25 goal a season man ?? He needs a huge kick up the arse sometimes , which makes me think he's got no motivation ?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:agreed but forwards are assessed on goals scored ................... yes he's gifted but is he a 25 goal a season man ?? He needs a huge kick up the arse sometimes , which makes me think he's got no motivation ?

Not just on goals scored, but also what they create -and Jay is involved in everything good we do.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Would you put the effort in for people who scream at you and slag you off. I wouldnt.

It goes both ways.

1) He's disappeared in a number of games this season.
2) He'd have to be an idiot to only want to make the effort when the crowd verbally fellate him. Would indicate more concerned with self than team.
3) Professional pride. Boils down to individual ethics.

Agree, but you need that workrate, Started off well this season, rapidly tailed off as his contract winds down.

He gets battered by defenders and treated like shit by the ref. He's in a City shirt, so he'll get my backing.

Can't in every situation.

Watch Bothroyd when the ball is humped long - backs into defender, bends over, attempts to make it look like he was fouled. An challenge, he falls dramatically. People talk about boo boys - well, recently one of his dives was just so abysmal, people around me weren't booing - they were openly laughing at how bad it was.

Refs have wised up to the fact he's attempting to cheat each and every game.

I'm sure we'd get a hell of a lot more out of him by backing him than slagging him off.

If his motivation was public adulation. true pro would realise they weren't in form, focus upon the game not the crowd.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:16 am

carlccfc wrote:I hope your enjoying reading the board tonight Jay, it is a shame you have tweeted that 90% of what is written on here is crap/rumours but hey ho that is what you think so I can live with that.

But on Sunday there is an explosive update which you get more than just a mention in, so pop along and have a read :D

Maybe then you can respond on here if you wish ;)

I do hope DJ didn't go too hard on you all ;)

Good luck on Saturday by the way

I have to be honest here Carl. I support 90% of everything you post, and 90% of what
you post turns out to be spot on in my opinion. But when you or a board or anyone
criticises somebody, you surely must expect them to either accept it or come out
fighting and disagree. you appear to have made this personal. You say you can live
with it... then more or less tell him to run for cover come Sunday. We all know you
love the Club, but the gist of this post is solely a crack at Jay Bothroyd and then
almost as an after thought you say.... "good luck on Saturday by the way"

Surely foremost in all our minds should be the result Saturday?

Doesnt make good reading this (my opinion)

no offence.

This is a messageboard, its not your career. Football IS Jays' career.

Though you wouldnt know it to watch the lazy fucker at times :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:26 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:why are we trying to wind up our own players on the messageboard? only our fans ...

cecilccfc - what do you mean about "trying to wind up our own players on the messageboard"

Do you regard me as "one of these fans" who is trying to wind up OUR PLAYERS :?:

Talking more about the topic in genral pal, dont believe Jay would even read the messageboard in my opinion. I know whitts never has but couldnt be sure about Jay i suppose, this whole negativity thing from twitter is embarassing as surely we should be getting behined the players.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Not sure if this rumour is true but I did hear has been partying too hard down London, all night raves and the such, during the international period when DJ gave some of the team a few days off. DJ wasn't happy to hear about it.

It does sound ridiculous to me personally, don't believe it at all. But thought it was worth mentioning, just a rumour obviously.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Personally I think a lot on here are getting all hyped up about this update and how it involves Jay. Something tells me the firework is going to turn out to be a sparkler. Infact I doubt it will be a sparkler.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:56 pm

nerd wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Would you put the effort in for people who scream at you and slag you off. I wouldnt.

It goes both ways.

1) He's disappeared in a number of games this season.
2) He'd have to be an idiot to only want to make the effort when the crowd verbally fellate him. Would indicate more concerned with self than team.
3) Professional pride. Boils down to individual ethics.

Agree, but you need that workrate, Started off well this season, rapidly tailed off as his contract winds down.

Can't in every situation.

Watch Bothroyd when the ball is humped long - backs into defender, bends over, attempts to make it look like he was fouled. An challenge, he falls dramatically. People talk about boo boys - well, recently one of his dives was just so abysmal, people around me weren't booing - they were openly laughing at how bad it was.

Refs have wised up to the fact he's attempting to cheat each and every game.

If his motivation was public adulation. true pro would realise they weren't in form, focus upon the game not the crowd.

You seem to expect a different standard from those you (supposedly -and I say that because sometimes I doubt it) support than you would from your own customers/employers.

Those points above are half-hearted, cringible, excuses for pathetic behaviour from people who are supposed to SUPPORT the club. If you think screaming abuse at a player for not running around like a headless chicken helps then you are sadly wrong.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:03 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:why are we trying to wind up our own players on the messageboard? only our fans ...

cecilccfc - what do you mean about "trying to wind up our own players on the messageboard"

Do you regard me as "one of these fans" who is trying to wind up OUR PLAYERS :?:

Talking more about the topic in genral pal, dont believe Jay would even read the messageboard in my opinion. I know whitts never has but couldnt be sure about Jay i suppose, this whole negativity thing from twitter is embarassing as surely we should be getting behined the players.

ceciliccfc - Thanks for posting back,my first post on this thread was to wish jay all the best for yesterday.

Later on and after your 1st post above,i was trying to find out the loss in jays form,since Dec...
Who knows we may find out more tonight :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:44 pm

Think the updates are a great link with fans and club, but certainly dont need any negativity that is drawn from the updates moving on to the terraces. As im sure you will agree alot of the information has been true and I think thats fantastic, but we cant take everything as gospel, and what we think may be a problem isnt at all to a proffessional footballer. Im not claiming to no City players, although close to a few I no the atmosphere in the camp is fantastic and the players truly believe in the ability of the squad.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:55 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
You seem to expect a different standard from those you (supposedly -and I say that because sometimes I doubt it) support than
you would from your own customers/employers.

LMFAO.

If your "you're not a real fan unlike me" point is meant to impress...

Those points above are half-hearted, cringible, excuses for pathetic behaviour from people who are supposed to SUPPORT the club. If you think screaming abuse at a player for not running around like a headless chicken helps then you are sadly wrong.

As always, abuse indicates a paucity of a logical argument.

Just to enlighten you somewhat, as you seem to be lacking a few energy saving light bulbs, here are some points for you.

1) I have never - ever - screamed abuse at a player ON THE PITCH. Nor do I tolerate it - there's one tw*t sat near me who will get a piece of my mind next game, because he was even hurling abuse at Bothroyd after the penalty.

2) Do I believe players should "run around like a headless chicken"? No. I've slagged off Savage numerous times for that. Sadly for your attempted point, you totally miss the "effort/skill" relationship. Psycho gave 100%; nowhere near good enough for this level. Jay has the skill, at times the effort goes missing.

3) Should people express their opinion on message boards? Sure. You might want to santicise and censor debates just in case sensitive players may possibly take offence, but that's your problem, not mine to be honest.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:59 pm

ccfc95 wrote:This is bloody pathetic. Jay is aloud his opinion on what ever he believes. And if his opinion is that the stuff posted on here is bullshit then so be it. But come on because you don't like his opinion is no reason to go and slate him in your next update. If you do you need to get a bloody grip.

FACTS ARE FACTS.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:03 pm

nerd wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
You seem to expect a different standard from those you (supposedly -and I say that because sometimes I doubt it) support than

LMFAO.

Just to enlighten you somewhat, as you seem to be lacking a few energy saving light bulbs, here are some points for you.

1) I have never - ever - screamed abuse at a player ON THE PITCH. Nor do I tolerate it - there's one tw*t sat near me who will get a piece of my mind next game, because he was even hurling abuse at Bothroyd after the penalty.

2) Do I believe players should "run around like a headless chicken"? No. I've slagged off Savage numerous times for that. Sadly for your attempted point, you totally miss the "effort/skill" relationship. Psycho gave 100%; nowhere near good enough for this level. Jay has the skill, at times the effort goes missing.

3) Should people express their opinion on message boards? Sure. You might want to santicise and censor debates just in case sensitive players may possibly take offence, but that's your problem, not mine to be honest.

Not a case of sensoring them just tired of people who just want to bitch.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
nerd wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

LMFAO.

Not a case of sensoring them just tired of people who just want to bitch.

I try to give my views, along with my rationale for them.

Is that "bitching" or expressing an honest view?

Can you tell us your criteria for determining "bitching" so the mods here can filter them out? And aren't you "bitching" yourself in your earlier posts?

I mean, the post I originally quoted in this "quote chain" hardly contains logical, well reasoned arguments, more unsubstantiated bitching, to be honest.