Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: @ Jay Bothroyd

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Not a case of sensoring them just tired of people who just want to bitch.[/quote]

I try to give my views, along with my rationale for them.

Is that "bitching" or expressing an honest view?

Can you tell us your criteria for determining "bitching" so the mods here can filter them out? And aren't you "bitching" yourself in your earlier posts?

I mean, the post I originally quoted in this "quote chain" hardly contains logical, well reasoned arguments, more unsubstantiated bitching, to be honest.[/quote]

Take a step back to your original post before I logged in and saw it.
There was no reasoning behind that - it was just a slagging off of the player.

Bothroyd maybe can work harder, but again I know that strikers shouldnt always chase things -least thats what I was coached. Save your enegy for the time when your side have the ball, or when you can genuinely put pressure on them. Not chasing lost causes. . Sometimes he goes down too easy, but often he's nailed and gets no protection. Far too much of a big deal is made of it. The positives form him, his touch, the way he holds the ball up, his finishing (this season), his pace etc.. massively outweigh his supposed laziness. Face it, if he was also a warrior to go with it he'd be playing for a top 8 Premiership team,

Refs should NOT go into games with preconceptions.

You say you never slag players off, yet you appear to be condoning it - and although not doing it at the game, doing it here. When its condoned on the internet then many think its fine in the ground.

Best thing for Jay and the club now is for the fans to get behind him and the rest of the team -after all many of them will be gone in a few weeks anyway, and they can be slagged off to your hearts content without harming our slim chance of going up.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Take a step back to your original post before I logged in and saw it.
]There was no reasoning behind that - it was just a slagging off of the player.

In your opinion. Because you read one post and fly off the handle with self-righteous indignation without actually having read previous posts I've made. Maybe, just maybe I don'tfeel I have to repeat every damn thing I write.

Bothroyd maybe can work harder, but again I know that strikers shouldnt always chase things -least thats what I was coached. Save your enegy for the time when your side have the ball, or when you can genuinely put pressure on them. Not chasing lost causes. . Sometimes he goes down too easy, but often he's nailed and gets no protection. Far too much of a big deal is made of it. The positives form him, his touch, the way he holds the ball up, his finishing (this season), his pace etc.. massively outweigh his supposed laziness. Face it, if he was also a warrior to go with it he'd be playing for a top 8 Premiership team,

It depends upon the type of player. The first part, you've totally ignored the context of my comment,funnily enough. What I said was that when not in form, Chopra gives you the effort. He chases and harries - something I can only assume your coach would shake his head at - and that *can* lead to chances, gaining possession. Bothroyd doesn't give us that - which I said.

Bothroyd is a more skillful player than Chops. IF both Chops and Both were playing out of form, then you get zero from Bothroyd. You do however get that effort from Chops. Do I think Bothroyd should always chase down? No, he's not that type of player. But, when both are out of form, Bothroyd may as well not even be on the pitch.

Was Bothroyd better yesterday? Yes and no. He showed more signs of being up for it, some nice touches without majorly influencing the game. Derby were pretty physical at times, and he stayed on his feet. Other games... he'd have fallen like a dying swan.

Refs should NOT go into games with preconceptions.

And in the real world, refs as people talk. Naive to believe refs won't comment about Bothroyd diving when he's been so blatent about it? Which then means we'll have good shouts turned down as a consequence.

You say you never slag players off, yet you appear to be condoning it - and although not doing it at the game, doing it here. When its condoned on the internet then many think its fine in the ground.

Define "many" - is this a Gallup/MORI poll that you've conducted to provide some form of rationale? People use internet forums as they would talking to a mate down the pub. Big difference than going to a game, as some cock behind me did, hurling non stop abuse at Bothroyd all game. Based upon his intellect, I doubt he';d be able to turn a PC on let alone use the internet.

Now, people do have the right in a free ( within reason ) society to boo players at football games, regardless of you liking it or not. Would I? Not personally, but people have that right.

Best thing for Jay and the club now is for the fans to get behind him and the rest of the team -after all many of them will be gone in a few weeks anyway, and they can be slagged off to your hearts content without harming our slim chance of going up.

Fans were behind him, for the most part. Small vocal minority at most. Unless you actually believe DJ's claims about fans?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:03 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Not sure if this rumour is true but I did hear has been partying too hard down London, all night raves and the such, during the international period when DJ gave some of the team a few days off. DJ wasn't happy to hear about it.

It does sound ridiculous to me personally, don't believe it at all. But thought it was worth mentioning, just a rumour obviously.

Ok pal, Jay isnt a big drinker so i hear, I feel everyones entitled to a personal life.