Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Some good people around

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:45 pm

I lost my wallet in town on Saturday morning, it had £120 cash, all my cards including my Ambassador card, my City fixture list card. Went back over my tracks but no luck.
About an hour later, just about to phone the bank etc and get my cards stopped and suddenly got a phone call off a bloke saying he'd found my wallet. He'd found my works phone number in there, rang them who gave him my mobile number, and met me 20 minutes later in the pub to give me it back.
Thanked him and got chatting, as he was going to the game, turns out he was a Swansea ST holder! Tried to shove £20 in his hand for his troubles, but he wouldn't hear any of it, so I had to at least get him a pint. Really top bloke too. They're not all bad see :P

Re: Some good people around

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:00 pm

I love hearing stories like this. It doesn't happen enough, which is a sad indictment on society, but at least some still have human qualities.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Fair play, top guy :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Fair play top guy :ayatollah: . Unfortunately they are now in the minority

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Honest or what.Now hands up who would give it back if you found a jacks wallet :shock:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:13 pm

What and nick there Giro :lol: :lol: :lol: NAH :lol:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:22 pm

I found someone's wallet down Gol which had about £20 in it. I returned it to the front desk with all the money in tact and the following week they told me the guy had put some money behind the bar for a pint for me. ;)

Good deeds are worth doing because they're not really skin off our own backs but can save someone else so much hassle. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:27 pm

I have to say that if it were the other way around I would have done the same. I like to think that most people are good people really.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:28 pm

harold pinta wrote:I have to say that if it were the other way around I would have done the same. I like to think that most people are good people really.

Unfortunately, it's the biggest cunts who have the loudest mouths so the minority are often the loudest but you are right, the good are the majority. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:31 pm

If i could trace them i would give it back. IE bank cards or any identification. Without a doubt i would do the right thing :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:33 pm

Times are hard an it takes a really honest person to return stuff.GOOD ON YOU FELLA :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:10 am

harold pinta wrote:I lost my wallet in town on Saturday morning, it had £120 cash, all my cards including my Ambassador card, my City fixture list card. Went back over my tracks but no luck.
About an hour later, just about to phone the bank etc and get my cards stopped and suddenly got a phone call off a bloke saying he'd found my wallet. He'd found my works phone number in there, rang them who gave him my mobile number, and met me 20 minutes later in the pub to give me it back.
Thanked him and got chatting, as he was going to the game, turns out he was a Swansea ST holder! Tried to shove £20 in his hand for his troubles, but he wouldn't hear any of it, so I had to at least get him a pint. Really top bloke too. They're not all bad see :P

From Swansea?? I see his dilema....different currency and shit exchange rate against the ailing 'Jackunta' :lol: :lol:

Only kidding....great to see someone so honest (regardless of where he's from) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:08 am

not many left like him around fair play :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:22 am

It's all about Karma, what goes around comes around, fair play to him. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:23 am

Good news ---he did whats right

many years ago I lost my wallet £150 quid in it and I had a phone call from an Irish bloke saying hed found it

I met him and his family and it turned out they were a Gypsy family in their Lorry--
I had to force a tenner on him --

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:36 am

Years ago, in Woking, I got in a cab and, as I got in, I found someone's pay packet that they'd obviously dropped on the back seat of the cab (it was back in the day when some people still got paid weekly in cash). I handed it to the taxi driver as someone would claim it, seeing as it was someone's hard earned weekly wage and could have been going towards feeding a family. A few hours later, I called the cab company to see if someone had come forward and everything was ok but they denied all knowledge of it being handed in.

This made my blood boil. They'd thieved this money and pewople were going short because of this. I learned then that, if I ever find someone's wallet or wage packet, I will hand it in to the police, not some thieving Asian cabbie

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:50 am

I withdrew 50 quid and left it in machine , few minutes later this kid came running up with it . i gave him a fiver and he said can i come back and tell his mum where he got it from as she would punish him for having money - poor kid - did it and his mum looked at me as if i had two heads - none so strange as folk

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:00 am

harold pinta wrote:I lost my wallet in town on Saturday morning, it had £120 cash, all my cards including my Ambassador card, my City fixture list card. Went back over my tracks but no luck.

Well fair play to the Jack, not often I can nice things about them. Infact Ive never said anything nice about them but credit where it is due, top man & I hope he gets his rewards except promotion.