Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ON A SERIOUS NOTE! Final League Table......

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:48 pm

i dont want to be going to burnley needing to win, no thank you :(

Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Merlin wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm sorry, but I have City finishing 9th. I have us to beat Derby and Boro at home, but those are the only 2 games I honestly think we will win. I think our defense will cost us at Doncaster and we will draw 2-2. I have QPR to beat us, I just think they will be too sharp for us across the midfield and won't concede. I think Portsmouth will hold us to a draw, our 2 away games against Preston and Sheffield United will be scraps, and we won't like it, I can easily see us getting turned over by both of them and Burnley will beat us on the last game. I am not being pessimistic, i'm just being honest. I am not liking our run it at all. Reading have an easy looking run in and look the threat, I had them finishing 4th!

9th! Come on..... :lol:

I'm just being honest. If we play to our best we can win all 8 games, but it's not going to happen. I really don't see us being able to go to Sheffield United and Preston who will be scrapping for their lives when we play them, and get a result. It also won't surprise me that when it comes to the last game of the season against Burnley, Burnley will be above us in the table. Whoever said we had an easy run in was talking out of his rear!

Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:46 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm sorry, but I have City finishing 9th. I have us to beat Derby and Boro at home, but those are the only 2 games I honestly think we will win. I think our defense will cost us at Doncaster and we will draw 2-2. I have QPR to beat us, I just think they will be too sharp for us across the midfield and won't concede. I think Portsmouth will hold us to a draw, our 2 away games against Preston and Sheffield United will be scraps, and we won't like it, I can easily see us getting turned over by both of them and Burnley will beat us on the last game. I am not being pessimistic, i'm just being honest. I am not liking our run it at all. Reading have an easy looking run in and look the threat, I had them finishing 4th!

9th! Come on..... :lol:

I'm just being honest. If we play to our best we can win all 8 games, but it's not going to happen. I really don't see us being able to go to Sheffield United and Preston who will be scrapping for their lives when we play them, and get a result. It also won't surprise me that when it comes to the last game of the season against Burnley, Burnley will be above us in the table. Whoever said we had an easy run in was talking out of his rear!

Teams like that will have to attack and sit up on the half way line.... Something you don't want to be doing against Cardiff. If we play good counter attacking football against these teams they'll be nervous and we always stand a chance, especially with how quick we can move the balk forward. Our players will know now it's going to take something special for us to get 2nd and with the quality in the squad - it's time to step up another gear :)

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Merlin wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Teams like that will have to attack and sit up on the half way line.... Something you don't want to be doing against Cardiff. If we play good counter attacking football against these teams they'll be nervous and we always stand a chance, especially with how quick we can move the balk forward. Our players will know now it's going to take something special for us to get 2nd and with the quality in the squad - it's time to step up another gear :)

I hope you're right mate. The next 8 games are going to be a huge test of firstly, can we keep our bottle and secondly, can we physically handle the tough batterings we will get at the Sheffield United's and Preston's. If we manage to go on a superb run and sneak second, it will show that we have huge character in the squad. I would like to say class will pull through, but it doesn't matter how many class players we have, if they don't play like a team, our class will never show through. This has been our problem most of the season and this is one of the reasons we are 4th and not where QPR are. Whatever happens, it will be a very interesting end to the season. If we fail to win Saturday, we may as well kiss our automatic promotion bid goodbye. But in my score predictions, I predicted City to win Saturday and I am expecting them to deliver.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:16 pm

Preston v Swansea saturday....... and you think that Preston are gonna be fighting - so hopefully they will do us a massive favour! Hope the beast gets on the blower to his old team mates laying down a few bets! :lol:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:34 pm

Merlin wrote:Preston v Swansea saturday....... and you think that Preston are gonna be fighting - so hopefully they will do us a massive favour! Hope the beast gets on the blower to his old team mates laying down a few bets! :lol:

Preston actually have a good chance I think. The likes of Sinclair, Britton, Allen etc will struggle to handle the physical battering Preston will give them. Before playing the Jacks away I actually stated that I thought Parkin should have started as I fancied him to rough up Tate and Williams. Hopefully Paul Parry and Eddie Johnson can work their magic! :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Dam I had us finishing 3rd behind Qpr and Norwich, we got to pull out all the stops and play every single game as if it were a cup final and our lives depended on it!!!!!! Now I know there are alot more serious problems in the world and people have far worse personal problems but come on boys give it everything between now and the end of the season... play your hearts out and give every single ounce of energy passion and intensity that you have... And to us supporters LET'S RAISE THE F**KING ROOF AND GET BEHIND THE BOYS!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:46 pm

i had us 2nd :ayatollah:

Re: ON A SERIOUS NOTE! " Final League Table...... "

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:24 pm

qpr 90 pts
swansea 83 pts
norwich 82 pts
cardiff 82 pts
hope i'm f#cking wrong

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Can I just point out to Baz, Annis, Fish and Carl - that I never made my own post a sticky!!!! :lol:

This was the doings of some other Mod! ;-)

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Mine finished with..

1. QPR - 92 pts
2. Norwich 83 pts
---------------------
3. Swansea - 82 pts
4. Cardiff - 79 pts
5. Forest - 78 pts
6. Leeds - 75 pts
---------------------
7. Hull - 72 pts

I predicted that we'd draw with QPR at home, Sheff Utd away, Middlesborough at home and Burnley away last game of the season. And that we'd win the rest. We'll see what happens aye.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:52 am

1 qpr 83

2 cardiff 81

3 swansea 79

4 norwich 78 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:43 am

You don't need the BBC to predict Jones will f**k it up......

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:23 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:You don't need the BBC to predict Jones will f**k it up......

good optamism!!! keep it up!! :lol:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:55 am

Thought I'd "bump" this so we can see how our predictions are panning out.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:45 am

EllBoy wrote:Thought I'd "bump" this so we can see how our predictions are panning out.

Cheers! :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:55 am

Why are you guys all so pessimistic anyway? Norwich only have about a 13% chance of winning all the next three games based off how much they've won this season. Our chances are significantly higher if you filter in that all of our players are back from injury and cross-reference that with our results to work out the percentage.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:16 am

And exactly how many of us have won the Saturday Super6 Competition on SkySports....??

Hmmm, thought not....!!

The Championship is VERY difficult to predict this season and the final 3 games will throw up a couple of surprises yet....

There are some tough games coming up and mental strength will be as important as physical strength and stamina....

For that reason alone, I believe the Bluebirds will achieve the dream after the Herculean efforts of Saturday and also the last few weeks....

QPR?? Could conceivably draw all their remaining games and Norwich don't have it easy asgainst sides like Derby (who embarrassed QPR last week) and Pompey (who showed against the Jacks on Saturday that they will lie down for no-one

Keep the faith and leave the predictors at home....City WILL do this!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:32 am

I had QPR to beat us to the title by one point. them finishing with 86pts and us 85. Then again half way through it did loom on me that i was being bias! lol would deffinately take that result though! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:35 am

Norwich by one ARGHHHHHHHHHH Not playing anymore lol :lol:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:55 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm
Oh well shows the final chapter we finish third Norwich go up automatic :cry: