A forum for all things Cardiff City

defence for sat

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:51 pm

gk -heaton if fit
rb-quinn
lb-jlsamuel
cb-kienan
cb-kev mc
i just feel we need kev there because he just reads the game better and has the pace to cover any mistakes and balls over the top.i am worried that we are going into the most important part of the season with a back 5 who havent played together so i hope oli plays like he did at the start of the season and forms that shield as protection in front of them.the rest of my team would be

oli
burke mcphail whitts bellamy
boothroyd

Re: defence for sat

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:56 pm

frank skinner wrote:gk -heaton if fit
rb-quinn
lb-jlsamuel
cb-kienan
cb-kev mc
i just feel we need kev there because he just reads the game better and has the pace to cover any mistakes and balls over the top.i am worried that we are going into the most important part of the season with a back 5 who havent played together so i hope oli plays like he did at the start of the season and forms that shield as protection in front of them.the rest of my team would be

oli
burke mcphail whitts bellamy

boothroyd

Yer thats a Fair call there . :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Def with you on Kev at CB. Hudson if the seasons awards were based on solely the latter half would have player of the season. He is a big loss. I think DJ has done well in securing a LB, in Samuel. Fresh blood into the squad and I know from playing a lot of football how important fresh faces are at instrumental parts of the season, when key boys are out.

Question is how much first team footie has he played, is he a gamble! Of course he is but I hope and I truely think hes got enough quality to get back into action quickly. The lad from Trinidad and Tobago has just hit 30! Hope he turns out as a solid force in defence!

We can't play 4-5-1 at home!

Jonesys been trying out this 4-3-3- formation.

Chopra was hopeless playing out wide - Burke on the other hand will relish it.

If we play 4-3-3 will Jay get enough support upfront?

Hes got to keep Bellamy out wide, can't play 4-4-2 wth him playing Chopras position.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:02 pm

i agree, we should play 4-4-2

----------------Heaton----------------------

Quinn-------Kev----------Keinan------------Jlloyd

Burke-------Whitts-------Olly--------------Bellamy

------------Bothroyd-------------Jet-------------------

i think that the two jays will work up top,
anyone agree? :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:12 pm

All over it! Completely forgot about JET!

4-4-2 rarely works with 2 big men up front, I think because JET is far more than a big man, pace, skills, touches that should be gracing the Premiership, it can definitely work!

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:18 am

glammy74 wrote:i agree, we should play 4-4-2

That looks like a pretty useful side on paper. A lot hinges on Bothroyd I think...

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:28 am

glammy74 wrote:i agree, we should play 4-4-2

thats a good line up or even go 4-5-1 and allow either JET or Bellers a free role ? :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:54 am

definetely has to be that defence, cant see DJ doing anything else!

In regard to formation, I firmly believe we need to follow England's example. For the last 2 years Capello stubbornly stuck to a rigid 442 (just like DJ) and as so many teams now play 451 turning into a 433 when in attack they were getting outnumbered and at times massacred in midfield. Capello finally changed his formation on Saturday and England looked much better for it. Only yesterday The Daily Telegraph said that to be successful in the modern game you have to play 433, it even said that no team playing 442 has won anything of note in recent years. When we have played 451/433 this season, with the players played in their correct positions (i.e. not Chopra on the wing!!!!!), we have won every game convincingly and havent conceded a goal! I just cant believe DJ hasnt used this formation more often! With Chops out I believe he now has to play this formation if we are to go up automatically:

Heaton

Quinn McNaughton Kienan Samuel

Olifinjana McPhail

Burke Whittingham Bellamy

Jay

In that formation every single player is playing in their correct positions. When we lose the ball we turn into a 451 and will be hard to break down but when we have it we turn into a 433 and we have some unbelievable talent going forward. With the likes of Parkin, Koumas and JET on the bench as well we also have some great attacking options on the bench!

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:12 am

Jet is a forward at this stage of his career.
When he plays wide he is fine for a while, but gets tired and forgets to track back enough.
He is still learning the game and this tendency to go walkabout is not so serious up there.
Also his pace and ball control will surely make him chances for himself and others.
I was at Millwall ( I drove............. never again ) and we looked great going forward (although suspect at the back with Gypes ) and I feel we must throw caution to the wind a bit and really go for the 6 wins ( at least ) that we need.
Bellers has many attributes, but he is not, and never will be, a natural finisher and is much more valuable as a provider. I think Jet can take the Chops role and be the goal scorer we need.
I felt that J B was also showing signs of a return to form at the dump, sorry, Den and I hope he is fit.
Just noticed......... Both`s initials are the same as jack b*st*rds .

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 pm

agree. 4 4 2 i dont think will work with 2 big men up top. 4 3 3 at home.
heaton
quinn keinan super kev samuel

mcphail oli whitts

burke bellamy
bothroyd

:ayatollah: