Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Regan (Harry Potter) Fought the British Champoion

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:14 pm

you can show me the battle scars on the next trip :lol:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:25 pm

well done Regan top man :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Molls is in the British Squash Championships on fri/sat in manchester! :) lets ave it!

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:33 pm

boxerbob wrote:If he done that well against the british champion,you may well have a welsh champion in your household come june :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There was no Black belts on Sunday Chief :ayatollah: in the Welsh there will be loads of Black so will be harder again. There is also the British championship at the NEC in May which is all grades. He hasn't decided if he wants to do that one yet. But i am sure he will get the Welsh Championship by the time he is sixteen if he keeps with his present attitude :D

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:34 pm

placid-casual wrote:well done Regan top man :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Molls is in the British Squash Championships on fri/sat in manchester! :) lets ave it!

Good luck to the Lass Jules let us know how she got on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
boxerbob wrote:If he done that well against the british champion,you may well have a welsh champion in your household come june :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There was no Black belts on Sunday Chief :ayatollah: in the Welsh there will be loads of Black so will be harder again. There is also the British championship at the NEC in May which is all grades. He hasn't decided if he wants to do that one yet. But i am sure he will get the Welsh Championship by the time he is sixteen if he keeps with his present attitude :D [/quote
I hope he does well fella!can you let me know the dates in merthyr?i'll come down with my boy to give him a bit of extra support,we only live a few miles away in ebbw vale :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:59 pm

boxerbob wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

There was no Black belts on Sunday Chief :ayatollah: in the Welsh there will be loads of Black so will be harder again. There is also the British championship at the NEC in May which is all grades. He hasn't decided if he wants to do that one yet. But i am sure he will get the Welsh Championship by the time he is sixteen if he keeps with his present attitude :D [/quote
I hope he does well fella!can you let me know the dates in merthyr?i'll come down with my boy to give him a bit of extra support,we only live a few miles away in ebbw vale :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Will do boxerbob not sure the exact date myself will try to find out on Thursday. Fishy said he was going to come as well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:52 am

Hi Nuclearblue,

I think it was my boy that your son fought. I didn't see the fight because I was fighting on the other mat so I'd be very interested in seeing your video. Any chance you can put it up on YouTube? I forgive you in advance for any one eyed commentary that may be on it!

Just to let you know, my boy is Thai (rather than Chinese) and he lost to the eventual winner of the British last year in the final of his mat. The boy who won the British last year is also East Asian in origin as well mind.

If you can get that video up on YouTube, maybe I can let you know why your boy didn't get the score..... ;)

Well done to him anyway, it takes alot of bottle to get up in front of everyone and have a scrap. My boy won't be in that category next year as he'll be 16. See you at the Welsh!

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:45 pm

I Have replied to your PM chief. Will gladly show you the DVD Chief. And as i said your Son is an incredable fighter that is why i was so proud of Regan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:37 pm

This forum is superb. Due to this thread i met up with Pi and his Dad who posted above AS Shotokan. Regan went to Ystrad Mynach Karate club and trained with them for the evening. He was made most welcome and sparred with the lad who he fought on Sunday also with all the Black belts there. Regan really enjoyed himself and hopefully will train on a Friday night with them to give him some more experience. And it was good to see Regan giving Pi's Dad who Regan lost to on Sunday a good smack in the gob :lol: :lol: :lol: Regan feels a lot better now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:23 am

Nuclearblue wrote:This forum is superb. Due to this thread i met up with Pi and his Dad who posted above AS Shotokan. Regan went to Ystrad Mynach Karate club and trained with them for the evening. He was made most welcome and sparred with the lad who he fought on Sunday also with all the Black belts there. Regan really enjoyed himself and hopefully will train on a Friday night with them to give him some more experience. And it was good to see Regan giving Pi's Dad who Regan lost to on Sunday a good smack in the gob :lol: :lol: :lol: Regan feels a lot better now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: regans barmy army :lol:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:54 pm

oi nukes. good catch up in subway! :lol: :lol: BILLY

Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:18 pm

lewis91 wrote:oi nukes. good catch up in subway! :lol: :lol: BILLY

First time i have ever had a Subway sandwich and it was fecking expensive but well tidy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Sorry i didnt recognise you straight away i am terrible at remembering names and faces. Its an age thing. Would remember Billy though the guy's a legend :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
lewis91 wrote:oi nukes. good catch up in subway! :lol: :lol: BILLY

First time i have ever had a Subway sandwich and it was fecking expensive but well tidy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Sorry i didnt recognise you straight away i am terrible at remembering names and faces. Its an age thing. Would remember Billy though the guy's a legend :lol: :lol: :lol:

how can you miss billy? he's usually got his trousers round his ankles :lol: no worries mate :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:This forum is superb. Due to this thread i met up with Pi and his Dad who posted above AS Shotokan. Regan went to Ystrad Mynach Karate club and trained with them for the evening. He was made most welcome and sparred with the lad who he fought on Sunday also with all the Black belts there. Regan really enjoyed himself and hopefully will train on a Friday night with them to give him some more experience. And it was good to see Regan giving Pi's Dad who Regan lost to on Sunday a good smack in the gob :lol: :lol: :lol: Regan feels a lot better now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to read that Regan enjoyed himself and thanks for the dvd. Having watched it a few times now I think that the reason the other punch didn't score was simply because it was a fraction short but anyway, Regan certainly does have 'long levers' as they say. Talking of which, his arms are about as long as my legs, which explains how he has given me a bruise on my right cheek - but I did score first so he hit me after 'yame'! Must remember to keep my guard up after scoring next time! ;)

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Yesterday at Prestatyn in the National Karate Kyu grades and took him the distance and then got beat on points after extra time. Regan put the performance of his life and he even Floored the champ with a beauty of a punch but they didn't score it for some reason. Its a funny scoring system with Karate but he was awsome. But to make up for it he won a medal in the Team Kata and the little fella wore it all the way home last night. I am really proud of him because i though he had done enough to win his fight. The other kid a Chinese kid is an incredible fighter and was champion last year and won it again last night, and in the end he used his experience to beat Regan but you could tell from the beginning that he was very weary of Regan who took no chances because he could see Regan has incredible punching power. SOOOOOOOOOOO Proud Chiefs

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:40 am

Shotokan wrote:

Glad to read that Regan enjoyed himself and thanks for the dvd. Having watched it a few times now I think that the reason the other punch didn't score was simply because it was a fraction short but anyway, Regan certainly does have 'long levers' as they say. Talking of which, his arms are about as long as my legs, which explains how he has given me a bruise on my right cheek - but I did score first so he hit me after 'yame'! Must remember to keep my guard up after scoring next time! ;)

Well he will take that seeing you are in your 30s and Regan is 13 :lol: But serious I would like to thank Ystrad club making us both very welcome. Dean was superb with him and spent time with him and that was fantastic considering he represents your rival club. The sparring was very benificial to him as he didn't know any of your personal styles. Dean said he is welcome back any time. Regan enjoyed it so wants to train on Friday again. Let battle comeence Jaimie :lol:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:01 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Well he will take that seeing you are in your 30s

Thanks for the compliment! (wish I was!) :D

Won't be there Friday as I have something else on but Pi will be there.

Cheers,

Jaime

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 am

Shotokan wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Well he will take that seeing you are in your 30s

Thanks for the compliment! (wish I was!) :D

Won't be there Friday as I have something else on but Pi will be there.

Cheers,

Jaime

Oopps sorry should that be 40s or 50s :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: