Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" March update Prison news Chelsea/Cardiff "

Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Prison update March 27th

Another week gone and an eventful one for me with the sentences and goings on at Isleworth which I reported on in another post, good luck to the Chelsea fans but more importantly their friends and families who will be outside going through difficult times.

Good week for Josh from Treorchi who got home on Wednesday, I am over the moon for him and his very supportive family...Josh is the first to be released on TAG.

Seen my son this morning, lost a little weight, got a number 4 all over haircut, but it’s not too bad and he is in excellent health, he seems content and at ease with his predicament and just wants the time to fly by now for him to get back to work, get back to his girlfriend and get back to his daughter who will be one year old in May just ten days before his release.

Paul O’Hara and Morgan Anderson who both had an initial 8 months are both due home in the first week of April, lads who got 12 months should also be coming home soon. The lads who got more than 12 are due home at the latest on June 5th…so light at the end of the tunnel for all the lads.

Pete said he has seen Stefan, whilst on a computer course ad he is looking well and is a real whizz kid on a computer, he shares a cell with Nathan aka Bomber and they get on really well, he said Bomber was in good health and was a good cell mate. He has also seen Nic Frederico this morning and he was back on his cleaning job and seemed quite happy with that.

There is another trial due to start a week Tomorrow of one of our lads who has pleaded not guilty and I want to let him know that we all want him cleared of this and wish him all the best…he is alone on trial, others will follow during the next month or so, but his family fully support him…good luck mate.

Stephen M who got transferred to Swansea is quite happy there, it is easier for his family to visit, he has written to my son and a couple of the others saying its not as bad as he thought it maybe....

Nathan M and Jai H are still sharing and both are due home in the next month or two, my mate told me that both of them are doing well and to his knowledge the lads that I have not mentioned are all ok and well and just counting the days down...no trouble at all in the prison…all good.
Some obvious information although I was unaware of it, is to be prepared if you are awaiting sentencing, there is quite a lot of stuff you can take inside but you must have it with you whilst you await sentence…it can’t be sent in later…so remember to put a good pair of trainers in your bag and other stuff that your solicitor will advise you on…my son has been in there over 50 days and he has a pair of shoes he wore in there and a pair of flip flops he bought…he has ordered new trainers but still no sign of them.

One last thing which is of importance to those already inside (although most of you will be aware) and for those that may unfortunately follow is the following and thanks to Stephen O’Hara and Taryn (Steff’s mum) for this…

There is a system in place whereby you can send any of the lads an e mail, they do not have access to the internet but will get your e mail, it costs 30p a time and the lads will appreciate your effort in sending one…the procedure is as follows…

Go to this website

http://www.emailaprisoner.com

All you need to do is click on the sign up icon in the top right hand corner, then fill out all the relevant information you will then be asked to sign in when you sign in you click on add recipient you will then need to fill in your full address. Click again to add recipient where you select the prison and enter their name and put in their prison number.

All you need to do then is add credit you can do this via paypal. it then costs 30p per email.

It is easier than writing and the e mails will be printed off and given to the lads…I am sure that prison numbers can be made known to you if you ask the families or if you want my sons just PM me..

Re: March update Prison news

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:50 pm

thank you for the info Corky and keeping everyone updated :ayatollah:

Re: " March update Prison news Chelsea/Cardiff "

Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Yes thank you Paul, as you say light at the end of the tunnel :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:21 am

going to see morgan on wed,hopefully last visit going inside, then next time is to go and pick him up and bring him home

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:04 am

dibstours wrote:going to see morgan on wed,hopefully last visit going inside, then next time is to go and pick him up and bring him home

the going to pick him up bit is the best, trust me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:17 am

Good news on Morgan Dibs!

Corky I did post a message a couple of weeks ago about things you need to take with you to court so that you have everything you need if you get sent down. Hopefully the link works below. I found it really useful!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38566

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:39 am

Glad to hear everyone is okay, good luck to everyone who's still got trials in the future and good post Splottoman - you've basically got everything you need covered :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:22 am

by CF14-SE14 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:39 am
Glad to hear everyone is okay, good luck to everyone who's still got trials in the future and good post Splottoman - you've basically got everything you need covered

CF14-SE14

Thanks CF14-SE14,

Sadly I can't take the credit as it all came off the back of my brothers letter! Having said that it's very rare that I claim that he's the brains behind the operation!

Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:01 am

Thats is well worth re producing mate....cheers Stephen
From March 3 old post, but important for others facing trial or sentencing

Had a letter off my brother yesterday who was sent down for the Chelsea game, he seems in good spirits just bloody bored! As I am due up for trial for the same game next month he gave me a few tips on what to do if the worst happens. As I know a few more are up I thought I'd pass his tips on just in case they come in handy for anyone!

Things to take;
Wash bag with soap dish and toothbrush. He bought a load of toiletries but they wouldn't let him take anything in the scrubs.

Clothes - Boxers + Socks (about 6-7 pairs he said 5-6 but he's a smelly b*stard!) otherwise your stuck with prison issue which are not good! You cant wear any of your own clothes in the scrubs but if you move to Hewell they let you wear your own stuff. He thinks that they let you keep your own Joggers, T-Shirts and Jumpers and Jeans. He only got a Pair of Jeans and Polo top so he wears prison issue and keeps his 'best' for visits!

He also said that if they send you down you'll obviously have your suit on. When you get processed in the cells at the court change into something more comfortable.

Trainers - You can keep your trainers in the scrubs but you should take a spare pair for the Gym as well.

Other things to take;

Flip flops for the shower
Clock Radio
Books and plenty of them
Loads of writing paper and envelopes and stamps to get started.
Money he took in about £100. If you go to the scrubs you'll be processed and your money will go into an account for you.

Your first night you should spend in the induction wing you'll be given prison issue toiletries - crap soap, crap shower gel and crap toothpaste until you can buy your own.

Phone System
Your 1st night you're given a free 2 minute phone call. But after that you'll be given an 8 digit pin number for a phone account. On your induction you'll be given ONE chance to put upto £50 on your phone account DO IT!!! Cos after that you'll have to top up from your canteen money and thats less money to spend on other things. You'll also have to register your phone numbers you're planning to use. You're allowed upto 20 numbers. Obviously land lines use up less credit than mobiles. But you are only allowed 20 so pick wisely!!! And make sure that you have them all written down with you and you register them on your induction otherwise it takes ages to get them on your list after.

Take plenty of names and addresses of people you want to write to or visit cos all the people you want to visit you must be registered.

Plus take Puzzle books to keep the old grey matter going.

The boredom is the worst thing!

He did say that hopefully we wont all need this shit and you'll all be found not guilty, but it's better to be prepared!!!

I have heard info off people that you can take a playstation in with you and things like that but that sounds a bit far fetched to me! If anyone else has any tips and advice it will be appreciated as most of us are first timers!

Please no silly comments like 'don't do it'! cos they wont go down well!!!

Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Splottoman wrote:
Glad to hear everyone is okay, good luck to everyone who's still got trials in the future and good post Splottoman - you've basically got everything you need covered

CF14-SE14

Thanks CF14-SE14,

Sadly I can't take the credit as it all came off the back of my brothers letter! Having said that it's very rare that I claim that he's the brains behind the operation!
theres not a brain between the pair of you

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Splottoman wrote:

CF14-SE14

Thanks CF14-SE14,

theres not a brain between the pair of you

Wils all I can say to that is that you're an arse!

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:07 am

all things considered, it sounds quite cushty in the Scrubs these days

Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:04 am

from BBC news website last week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12864974

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:54 pm

thanks for all the messages while we were away,they meant a lot.the scrubs was a bit ropey but we stuck together and it was fine especially when we beat the scum that was a boost.on our second night they stuck poor josh on a wing on his own wankers.but by the next couple of days he was running the wing(so he told me!).spent 3 weeks sharing a cell with brett that was an experience...............got sent to hewell shared with josh and sam and it was a lot easier.... we were running the place .keep writing to the boys as the letters go a long way.i want to say good luck to the lads up for trial i wish u all the best.thanks to corky for keeping everyone posted about events.KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!