Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BUCKET COLLECTION RAISES MORE THAN £1,700 FOR KEENOR STATUE

Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:37 pm

The appeal committee is delighted to announce that we raised £1,710.89 (subject to checking at the bank) from the bucket collection outside the Millennium Stadium before Wales v England.

This was great considering many of the fans were not Cardiff City supporters or even regular Wales fans. We were allocated three of the stadium’s Gates – 5,6 and 7 – to collect from.

Thanks to the volunteers who made the event such a success, to those that generously chipped in cash and to the Football Association of Wales for allowing us to hold the bucket collection.

You can still help the appeal by buying one of the 8in figurines of Fred Keenor or the pin badges. You can get further details on purchasing these items by contacting fundraising@ccfctrust.org.

The efforts of everyone mean the kitty stands at over £46,000, well over half-way.

Re: BUCKET COLLECTION RAISES MORE THAN £1,700 FOR KEENOR STATUE

Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:47 pm

at least some good did come out of yesterday then - well done to those involved :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: BUCKET COLLECTION RAISES MORE THAN £1,700 FOR KEENOR STATUE

Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:35 pm

I donated some money to some guy with a beard near gate 5........couldnt tell you how much mind, I was pretty hammered by then! :ayatollah:
Come to think of it I'm not sure if he even had a bucket......he may have been a lucky tramp! :lol: