Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wonder Boy - Aaron Ramsey

Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:05 pm

One of the worst if not the worst player on the park today, shouls have been subbed 10 mins in, and as for J Collins, what a liability he is. Absolute donkey.

Re: Wonder Boy - Aaron Ramsey

Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:36 pm

they were outclassed in every department, englands easiest game for years

Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:38 pm

englishbluebird wrote:they were outclassed in every department, englands easiest game for years

England didn't need to get in to 2nd gear.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:49 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:One of the worst if not the worst player on the park today, shouls have been subbed 10 mins in, and as for J Collins, what a liability he is. Absolute donkey.

Agree. Ramsey looked disinterested for large parts of the game and the Collins fiasco for the penalty just embarrassing.

Why on earth we played the tactics we did I have no idea. You surely can't expect to outplay a team miles ahead of you in the quality stakes by playing it out from the back with lesser quality players who do not have the ball playing ability especially on a pitch like that. Easy meat.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:28 pm

not a good game for the lad.... but i'm sure he will have learnt from it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Ramsey looked like he tried to do too much.

He was frustrating and kept taking an extra touch or run into a corner. Bellamy, Vaughan and Crofts we're far better than him today.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Jesus H Christ....
I would take both on loan for the final 8 games,,,, would you???? :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:21 am

The commentator reckoned that Rambo was unfit. He looked fit as a fiddle against us though at the Liberty, and probably the best player on the field.

I can't see Bellamy paying much longer for Wales to be quite honest and I suppose Speed gave the captaincy to someone as young as Rambo so that the team can be built around him so that he now has to play in every game. But I do worry as it's a big task for a young lad and something he has to grow into over time, but it looked as if it had burdened him yesterday.

Being an Englishman who has lived here many years (now soon returning home to Wales for good), I sit on the fence with these games as I want Wales to do well, in fact I would have been a lot happier if Wales had won. But, the problems with the national team are not entirely down to Gary Speed or the playing staff - it's the FAW. Compare Wales' governing body to the likes of other smaller countries like Switzerland for example - there is a vast difference in the way they run things. OK the Swiss league may not be La Liga but it is light years ahead of what Wales has at present. It goes back years and I'll never forget the way they handled Terry Yorath after he had done so well (and nearly got Wales to USA 1994) only to bring in the worst manager Wales ever had in Bobby Gould. Also the funding for Welsh football is a joke compared to what sports like Rugby get.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:29 am

Ramsey is a typical arsenal player now, he wont shoot.

Wales were totally clueless the back 4 were as slow as sunday league players, the midfield was missing, the forward ine had no punch.

i think rambo only got the captaincy to wind up bale :old:

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:30 am

he's still not fully match fit, he was playing with dross and against a team ranked over 100 places higher

what were people expecting?

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:40 am

James Collins for me looked the worst player on the pitch, way off the pace and once again clumsy. And why Speed put Vaughan on the bench when he looked Wales' most effective player when he came on baffles me.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:16 pm

I agree with most of the comments already put. Hopefully Speed will learn a lot and quickly from the game.

Our players looked like 3rd division and with no confidence...until Vaughan came on.

The keeper did nothing wrong.
The full backs did ok, but kept getting put under pressure from poor passes from the centre backs.
Collins had a bad game and our Swansea friend Ashley was dire.
The midfield was terrible...only Ramsey was doing anything but he was so far back he only passed to defenders or someone in an English shirt. Croft, Ledley and King looked like what they are...Championship players.
Bellamy ...on the right ????....refused to take on Cole when he had the chance..and was not much better when he went to the left.
Morison up front on his own was on a no winner...

A big improvement when Ched and Vaughan came on...and when Ramsey moved further forward we created more.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:30 pm

I rate Collins highly but the last few games he has played for Wales he has looked below par and makes silly mistakes

Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:27 pm

bloo wrote:The commentator reckoned that Rambo was unfit. He looked fit as a fiddle against us though at the Liberty, and probably the best player on the field.

I can't see Bellamy paying much longer for Wales to be quite honest and I suppose Speed gave the captaincy to someone as young as Rambo so that the team can be built around him so that he now has to play in every game. But I do worry as it's a big task for a young lad and something he has to grow into over time, but it looked as if it had burdened him yesterday.

Being an Englishman who has lived here many years (now soon returning home to Wales for good), I sit on the fence with these games as I want Wales to do well, in fact I would have been a lot happier if Wales had won. But, the problems with the national team are not entirely down to Gary Speed or the playing staff - it's the FAW. Compare Wales' governing body to the likes of other smaller countries like Switzerland for example - there is a vast difference in the way they run things. OK the Swiss league may not be La Liga but it is light years ahead of what Wales has at present. It goes back years and I'll never forget the way they handled Terry Yorath after he had done so well (and nearly got Wales to USA 1994) only to bring in the worst manager Wales ever had in Bobby Gould. Also the funding for Welsh football is a joke compared to what sports like Rugby get.

I totally agree with that. The longer these inept old heads at the FAW the longer it will take for our country’s footballing standards to improve. I'm involved at amateur level in the West Wales leagues and the treatment we get from the FAW is appalling, in fact one incident we had last month left a very bitter taste in our mouths. Bunch of incompetent clowns they are, as perfectly shown with the ticket fiasco.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:One of the worst if not the worst player on the park today, shouls have been subbed 10 mins in, and as for J Collins, what a liability he is. Absolute donkey.

You must be joking....yes he gave the ball away a few times but he was on his fking own. He was the only Welsh player who had the guts and ABILITY to hold onto the ball, twist and turn while looking for an outlet....but the rest of the Wales team were so fkin awful that most of the time there was no one for him to pass to. When that happens even a genius will be closed down, lose the ball or try a miracle pass.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:21 pm

barry boy wrote:I agree with most of the comments already put. Hopefully Speed will learn a lot and quickly from the game.

Our players looked like 3rd division and with no confidence...until Vaughan came on.

The full backs did ok, but kept getting put under pressure from poor passes from the centre backs.
The midfield was terrible...only Ramsey was doing anything but he was so far back he only passed to defenders or someone in an English shirt. Croft, Ledley and King looked like what they are...Championship players.
Bellamy ...on the right ????....refused to take on Cole when he had the chance..and was not much better when he went to the left.

A big improvement when Ched and Vaughan came on...and when Ramsey moved further forward we created more.

I don't know how you can say Williams was dire. He was the only player on the park who did not lose the ball or shirk a tackle. The 2 Collins in my opinion should call it a day as both of them make errors that cost Wales every single time they play.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:50 pm

bloo wrote:
barry boy wrote:I agree with most of the comments already put. Hopefully Speed will learn a lot and quickly from the game.

I don't know how you can say Williams was dire. He was the only player on the park who did not lose the ball or shirk a tackle. The 2 Collins in my opinion should call it a day as both of them make errors that cost Wales every single time they play.

:shock: not being funny but it was clear after 15 mins that williams was garbage. Only Danny Collins was worse than him!! I think you need to take those rose tinted specs off and watch the game again!

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:47 pm

So whose fault was it for the 2 goals then? 1st goal - James Collins, 2nd goal Danny Collins.
Williams wasnt at fault for either goal. He did his job AND had to cover when James Collins went awol. He was the welsh defender to come out with any credit.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:01 am

I like Ashley Williams as a player, but he was bad, poor and dire at times on Saturday.

He nearly repeated his own goal pass back to the keeper once or twice. Like a lot of the players he looked nervous.

Thinking about it, playing at the Mill Stadium, and big arena, probably played into the hands of the "bigger player" England teams.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 am

barry boy wrote:I like Ashley Williams as a player, but he was bad, poor and dire at times on Saturday.

He nearly repeated his own goal pass back to the keeper once or twice. Like a lot of the players he looked nervous.

Thinking about it, playing at the Mill Stadium, and big arena, probably played into the hands of the "bigger player" England teams.

Williams was poor this game for Wales and diabolical against Bulgaria in the last game ........... shows the gulf in class between Prem League and Championship altho saying that then the 2 Collins arnt exactly living proof of what Ive just said . Surely tho Eardley MUST play in the next game and shift Gunter to the left ?? Ive never been a fan of Sam Ricketts but I will be glad to see him return asap !!

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:27 am

barry boy wrote:I like Ashley Williams as a player, but he was bad, poor and dire at times on Saturday.

Agreed I'm also a fan of Ashley Williams (he was superb in the holding position vs Scotland) but he was dire on Saturday and the 2nd goal was down to him and Danny Collins.

Gary Speed will have to learn quickly from this or his international managerial career will be a short stint. I thought he boxed himself in tactically before the game by saying that no matter how bad things got the side must stick to it's pre-game plan.

That plan fell apart after only 5 minutes due to comical defending from James Collins and from there on we were stuffed.

I have always thought that small nations like Wales can never match bigger nations head to head, so to be competitive we have to become more like the Republic of Ireland under Jack Charlton in the 1980's & 90's.

May be it's 2 steps backwards that we need to take, rather than one forward.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:34 am

If a player in a red shirt cant get motivated against England then Im afraid its time for them to question their nationalities sorry !! Stand up and be counted ....... as a Welshman and NOT coz your English with a Welsh grandmother !!!!!