Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Honest views on Ramsey being Captain?

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Personaly i'd prefer James collins but what would you of done? :ayatollah:

Re: Honest views on Ramsey being Captain?

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Should have been Collins or Williams.

Ramsey should just be allowed to play his game without the extra burden.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:50 pm

Great experience for the future, bare in mind we've already fucked the campaign up and we need to experiment with the squad and get the right tactics and strategies. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:51 pm

NJ73 wrote:Should have been Collins or Williams.

For once Jack I sort of agree with you :ayatollah: But def not Williams :lol:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:00 pm

i think its a brilliant choice! ... why shouldnt wales best player be given the job and its something he can grow into over the coming years and become a true leader, and hopefully end our 53 years of hurt! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Why not Williams?

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:14 pm

collins should have been the captain, i don't think rambo will be vocal enough at this stage of his career

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:14 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Why not Williams?

BECAUSE HE`S ENGLISH!

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:18 pm

AHERNE wrote:BECAUSE HE`S ENGLISH!

Maybe so, but he's never pulled out of a Wales squad, made a point of learning the anthem as soon as he first got called up, is proud of his Welsh heritage, is an excellent leader on the pitch and sets a fine example off the pitch with the charity he's just set up.

Not much more you can ask really.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:22 pm

NJ73 wrote:

Maybe so, but he's never pulled out of a Wales squad, made a point of learning the anthem as soon as he first got called up, is proud of his Welsh heritage, is an excellent leader on the pitch and sets a fine example off the pitch with the charity he's just set up.

Welsh heritage-his granny went to llandudno on holiday once! He is not Welsh and should not be in our squad despite being a very good player. The grandparent rule is a joke.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Welsh heritage-his granny went to llandudno on holiday once! He is not Welsh and should not be in our squad despite being a very good player. The grandparent rule is a joke.

I actually agree with you regarding the grandparent rule. It should be parents and that's it. However, the rule is grandparents so while a player is eligible, he shouldn't then be discounted from being captain purely on xenophobic reasons. If he's the best man for the job then the job should be his.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Great shout i say.. Now lead by example ramsey.. And smash them english kunts

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:54 pm

NJ73 wrote:[Wels
I actually agree with you regarding the grandparent rule. It should be parents and that's it. However, the rule is grandparents so while a player is eligible, he shouldn't then be discounted from being captain purely on xenophobic reasons. If he's the best man for the job then the job should be his.

Williams is a good captain-no one can argue. The football authorities need to look at qualification rules amongst other things. I would love though to see a wales team full of youngsters that are home produced-Gunter, Ramsey, Allen, Taylor etc....the real fans would identify with them.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Campaign is over, Speed's looking for the future, great choice imo

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:[Wels

Williams is a good captain-no one can argue. The football authorities need to look at qualification rules amongst other things. I would love though to see a wales team full of youngsters that are home produced-Gunter, Ramsey, Allen, Taylor etc....the real fans would identify with them.

For the second time in my life, I agree with you ;)

The longer that our lot and your lot stay in the Championship, the more quality youngsters will come through the ranks I'm sure. The evidence of ex-Cardiff players in the squad is there for all to see plus a couple of our youngsters now joining the fray (although we can't really count Taylor as one of our youngsters as he didn't come through the ranks). the future is bright as well with the likes of Jazz Richards.

However, I think this production line may suffer if either of us get to the Premier League as there simply won't be the opportunities for young home grown talent to be blooded.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Premature ecaptainisation imo

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:02 pm

the blue path wrote:collins should have been the captain, i don't think rambo will be vocal enough at this stage of his career

Age doesn't play a part in my honest opinion, I communicate for the full 90 minutes and never shut up when I'm playing for my team... And I'm 15 :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:37 am

People want an English man as captain f**k me the world has gone mad.
Collins was an obvious choice but I believe Ramsey is an excellent choice, you dont need to be captain to be a leader. Bellers and Collins are leaders they dont need an armband for that. This will bring Ramsey out, give him that boost and can be captain of wales for the next 10years and longer.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:32 am

I'm a jack but I support Speed's choice to name Ramsey as captain.

Age is irrelevant; certain players possess leadership qualities. I think Ramsey has those. He commands respect with the way he plays the game.

I f*cking hate the English, hope we f*cking do them.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:18 am

AHERNE wrote:i think its a brilliant choice! ... why shouldnt wales best player be given the job and its something he can grow into over the coming years and become a true leader, and hopefully end our 53 years of hurt! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree, Speed is looking towards the future :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:21 am

NJ73 wrote:

whats that?cheap caravans for sale :D

Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:02 pm

I generally don't like english players playing for us, but i would make an exception for Williams. I know he's a jack, but he seems to genuinely enjoy playing for Wales (even if he was absolutely terrible vs Bulgaria).

I thought Ramsey was a good choice for captain. Messi is/was the captain of Argentina and he isn't exactly a shouter or screamer. Plus Ramsey is now kind of forced to turn up to every game.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:14 pm

You don't have to be incredibly vocal and shouty on the pitch to be a good captain

You need to be a professional on and off the pitch and a player which other will respect and look up to

Ramsey will become this type of player, building for the future, may as well give it to him now